No announcement yet.

Who is the alternative to Skocic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll do it. I promise to bring at least the same level of tactical preparation but with the significant improvement of bringing in the use of SMS and emails for callups so that we can play our best player. Also will promise to not start Nouro and ban Sarlak. With these measures, I believe the choice is clear. Vote Taz!

Comment

The question is posed wrong. It should read "what alternative to winning do you want"...

No one in their right mind kills momentum in sports...not one as this good. Even if you brought CQ or any big name...unlikley they could recreate Skocics run of points. He has figured this out masterfully...whether you believe he got lucky or has the skill is irrelevant at this point. He is getting the job done!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I don't know why presenting a better coach should be a precondition for criticizing Skocic. IFF cannot find a good coach, that's why they hired Skocic in the first place. That, however, should not cloud our judgment. Skocic is not a good coach and deserves all the criticism he can get. Yesterday's game proves the point. Had it not been for two late goals, we would have lost to Lebanon.

Comment

It's not about us, it's about the players.
          Team Melli seems not happy with him. Azmoun has to calm him down, all of them are unhappy with the circumstances. It's a matter of time, where everything is getting out of control because we have a weak coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
            Team Melli seems not happy with him. Azmoun has to calm him down, all of them are unhappy with the circumstances. It's a matter of time, where everything is getting out of control because we have a weak coach.
            Proof? Again your subjective views are not facts. What objective proof do you have that TM players maybe outside of Taremi are not happy with him or have to calm him down???

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say that if we really want to get a new coach, it should be now, as we are pretty much already qualified. The qualification itself wouldn't be under risk anymore at this point.

Getting a new coach after the end of the qualifiers is risky as he won't have much time to prepare for the WC. It would only make sense if it's some khareji guy with charisma and smartness (like a Guus Hiddink or so). Skocic has been doing great so far, but I don't know how confident I am with him in Qatar...

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                sooooo ... your solution to our problem of having a no-name coach is to replace him with another no-name (I've never heard of him. Has anyone outside sweden?) or little-known coach?
                As Ace Ventura, the pet detective says: okay then.
                LOOOOL its a suggestion, and eaven if you never heard of him he is much much less of a no name coach than Skocic. He has coached bundesliga Nurnberg, succecfull europaleage plays with malmo and played attractive football with an inferior team, coached brentford leeds and wigan.. so yeah compared to skocics slovenian cup and khoneh be khoneh cv its a big differance.. oooh yeah i finaly compared their cvs so now you can point that out in future posts.

he also had a semi succesful career
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_R%C3%B6sler

Years Team Apps (Gls)
                1987–1988 1. FC Lokomotive Leipzig 3 (0)
                1988–1989 BSG Chemie Leipzig 27 (6)
                1989–1990 1. FC Magdeburg 46 (19)
                1990–1992 Dynamo Dresden 46 (7)
                1992–1994 1. FC Nürnberg 28 (0)
                1993–1994 → Dynamo Dresden (loan) 7 (0)
                1994–1998 Manchester City 152 (50)
                1998–1999 1. FC Kaiserslautern 28 (8)
                1999–2000 Tennis Borussia Berlin 28 (6)
                2000–2002 Southampton 24 (0)
                2001 → West Bromwich Albion (loan) 5 (1)
                2002 SpVgg Unterhaching 14 (5)
                2002–2003 Lillestrøm 11 (10)
                Total 419 (112)
                National team
                East Germany U21[1] 6 (1)
                1990 East Germany
                so people have heard of him, eaven if you havnt.

you also asked not to suggest high end coaches, so what do you expect?
                you got a suggestion to analyze dont bash it just for bashing it.. if the therad is made for a seriuous discusion or just to make a point that keep skocic and no other option is ok.
                and lol about the great ace ventura, your post made me think about anotherr graet, Peter Griffin
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpbdGnJbneE
                se what im thinking about? (hint, listen to brian) :P
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

First of all, why is it such a big problem that Skocic is unpopular? Was Joachim Löw a coach of the calibre to coach the German national team? His best station was perhaps Fenerbahce, Austria Vienna, Adana Kepap Spor, etc.
                  Beyond that, he was unsuccessful with all of them!
                  Jürgen Klinsmann has even been a coach without any experience! In short, that's not an argument against Skocic at all, the fact is that he delivered, he got us out of a very bad situation to even reach the next round almost certainly as fast as never before secured us a World Cup ticket.
                  Yesterday, his changes were decisive in changing the game Mohammadi on the outside and Amiri in the centre had livened up our game by the end. His decision against Taremi is absolutely right because Taremi has a disciplinary problem, also with Porto. Of course, the World Cup will be special for Skocic too because he hasn't gained the experience yet, but I trust him completely. All the "candidates" Zidane, Mou and co. are clown suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                    the question you're posing is set up to lead to the answer you want. i understand your point. but i disagree with the premise. finding a solid head coach is always an uphill battle for us. but today, compared to 6 months ago, when not even yahya or ghalenoi would touch us, we're a top-20 national team that's a shoe-in to the world cup. sanctions and all the usual BS aside, I think the TM job is pretty sexy now. i think a lot of higher profile coaches would take this assignment now...1 year project to lead a solid team with star players to the world cup. i think it's possible. at this point though it would take 2-3 bad results in a row to generate the momentum to fire skocic. that's not going to happen. it has to either happen NOW or never. too risky to bring a new coach in 3-4 months before the world cup.
                    whether we "can", though, is different than whether we "should". I think we can, but i don't think we "should". even if we can get a marginally better coach, what's the point? you're not getting another CQ-level coach...so is it really worth the instability, change in coaching staffs, etc to get a slightly better coach who's unfamiliar with iran?
                    answer's no. like it or not, skocic is here to stay. i don't see a scenario where we out him, largely because there aren't enough opportunities left for him to screw up. the reason he was so emotional today is because he knew that losing to lebanon could be the excuse his detractors needed to oust him. he's past that....so what are you going to do? fire a head coach who's already qualified you to the WC with great resuls when you have 7-8 months left before the tournament? doesn't make sense and won't happen.
                    if we really had a chance to get renard or get cq back....then it's a huge shame that we didn't. but the ship has sailed and we have to face the reality that we're going to qualify to the WC but most likely not advance past the group stage. it is what it is...enjoy the ride.

I agree with most of this, except the following:

1- Both my questions (which famous coach comes cheap & wld they come to Iran) are still relevant, even at this stage.

2- Sure, now we're a more attractive prospect for a famous coach.
                    someone like Dick Advocaat? He certainly has the resume and long track record. But look what he achieved with Iraq.
                    Same with Wilmots. Compared to skocic, he is mighty famous.

3- advance to 2nd stage:
                    well that is not a foregone conclusion. It all depends on the luck of the draw.
                    as I said elsewhere, a weaker african/south amrican and a B tier european team would make things far less impossible for us.
                    or catching them on their bad day while we have a good day with all cylinders firing.
                    I do NOT rule out advancing from 2nd stage ... just as much as I do not fantasize and fool myself. We had a top, world class coach and we still FAILED to advance. So it's not as if the coach's fame ensures this.

Comment

to all the fellas who came up with vatani coaches.
                      So you all propose replacing our no-name coach with another no-name coach, some of whom already have a track record at TM and failed?
                      Some others have at best managed moderate success at club level, but have FAILED INTERNATIONALLY against other asian teams? so you think they wld get the better of European national teams???
                      WOW! genius!

==================

I agree with the point Lorestani made tho'.

Not having a viable alternative to skocic does not mean we cant criticize him for his mistakes.
                      That is most sensible

Although I wont get into the details of yesterday's game as a lot of things OUTSIDE the TM had influenced our performance (poor ground, windy day, taremi drama, ...) that can and shd be avoided in following matches. But he also has had a few mistakes that I hope he will rectify.

imo, playing Amiri at LB is a major mistake. especially when he corrects himself midway by bringing him up and then subbing in a proper LB. imo, that's a wasted sub. Amiri operates best at LM/LW. Why keep fiddling with that?

also I'd say sometimes being too cautious with the lineups. We certainly can try a bit more adventurism by starting wt the likes of ghoddos (I dont judge him by one game)

If he starts with beiranvand for the next game, certainly he will get criticized for allowing complacency

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post

I see. And you've got this brilliant and insightful piece of information from ..... ?????

surely you wont say the players called you and told you.
                        would you?????
                        ......... !

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                          LOOOOL its a suggestion, and eaven if you never heard of him he is much much less of a no name coach than Skocic. He has coached bundesliga Nurnberg, succecfull europaleage plays with malmo and played attractive football with an inferior team, coached brentford leeds and wigan.. ........................... :P

1- I did say "replace no-name skocic with little-known"
                          But I think we both know this chap is not on the level of CQ or the type of coach ppl are looking for to represent us (or ANY team) at the world cup.
                          We both know ppl want big names and jampacked resumes.

2- I also didnt say not to suggest big names.
                          In fact I said a big name and world class coach is what fits the bill. But WHICH one is cheap and even if cheap, will he come to Iran?

Comment

Cmon maan, I have to agree with Raminangeles2000s posts first lines.
                            you aer giving out serious Donald Trump vibes here in this thread.

ignoring suggestions that doesnt fit your oppinion, mocking some but ignoring whats written in the posts.
                            the idea of the thread, if it was neutral was nice. that why i posted in it, but now i se its just another unserious thread set up to lead to your answers. and when it not you just
                            ignore the facts and mock them..

theres been suggestions to discuss, several local trainers. you ignnored aswell, not heey take him, but what about this guy, share analyse..
                            from now on i realy cant take these posts serious and i wont probably answer many of these threads and posts. a shame realy this could have been an interersting thread.

again, i say listen to brian, (since you cited ace ventura earlier)
                            anyway, I guess we agree on one thing, long live TM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpbdGnJbneE
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

It’s so easy to sit infront of a computer, living in middle europe or north america and tell Iranians in Iran to live with its current situation. We were at a comparable situation with Ahmadinejad and still could get CQ. Not only that, with him we had someone to fight for his players.
                              He was the one who was getting them good jerseys, he was the one behind PEC, he was the one getting them good hotels and the best training grounds while the World and Asian Cup. The players know the other side. The better side. And who doesn’t want to see that the players are upset with the current condition and there Yes-Man coach is ignoring the story with taremi, the video of azmoun how he is yelling at skocic and the instagram posts all players uploaded.

Comment

Just want to point out that the argument Skocic is a no name coach should be put to bed. With TM he created a name, one in the record books of footballing history. By Asian standards he is a trailblazer leading the #1 ranked team. Both he and TM have mutually benefitted. He is no longer a no name coach. If he was a no name coach when hired I think it is fair to say those days are gone. Our expectations of him should also rise.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X