No announcement yet.

Who is the alternative to Skocic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if someone has aziz khadems contacts, they should give him this link.. chances are he never knew there is a site called transfermarkt
    there are some good choaches available that we should have a decent chance to land! (still a shame we didnt land renard knowing what he did with marocco, they played some impressive football at wc, and now what he has done with ksa)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trai...iner/statistik
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
      Lol. Your problem is that you underestimate the World Cup and it's importance.
      Big coaches want to coach at the WC. We have possibly our greatest generation of players and will be a exciting team to coach in their eyes.
      Payment issue will be solved, i'm certain.
      Sorry, but i refuse to believe that the best we can get is a nobody mid table IPL coach.

I never said the BEST we can get is skocic. I've also said we deserve much better.
      But I'm also not floating in mid-air and fantasizing about impossibilities either.
      I see the situation Iran is in and recognize for a top class coach (Gunes is certainly not one, btw) to come to take over TM, he'd need to forego A LOT of what coaches all over the world take as granted.

Most of those coaches are already employed elsewhere as nations vie for the WC ticket
      what does that leave us?
      mediocre ones, who might have a few tricks up their sleeves AND seeing the WC ticket attractive enough to undertake this task in Iran.

Your Gunes falls in this. And resume wise, he trumps skocic definitely. Can you get in touch with him or his agent? Do you have someone in IFF so you can pitch Gunes to him?
      If yes, by all means do so and proceed. We'll all help you if we can.

But if you dont and are merely fantasizing on dream scenarios, then accept it as what it is; a Fantasy.

But lets all at least TRY to sound like we know the meaning of being grateful, even if we dont feel it.
      If I was left stranded in the desert with no food and water and if some chap gives me a half glass of water to keep me alive, I WILL BE GRATEFUL.
      I will not curse him for not giving me a full bottle of chilled soda with ice and a lemon twist, served on a silver platter.

Comment

@ keshwardoost

some really nice names in you list. I'd be ok with at least 6-7 of those names at TM.
        I wonder if IFF could get in touch with a few of them and sound it out.
        A few are just too old and I dont think we should look at anyone above age 60 (otherwise peckerman wld have been great)

But this is only the first stage.
        the rest if to contact them, pitch TM to them and get them to agree with our bizzare and pitiful terms, at the chance of giving a go at the WC.

Comment

I think villas boas always wanted to coach a national team, here he has a chance to not even go through qualifiers and directly to WC.

His cash is guaranteed by the WC funds themselves. Could be 2 year deal with WC + Asian Cup.

Still a very young motivated coach, maybe slightly pissed off at club scene after recent BS he dealt with at marseille and ready for different type of adventure. He has that slightly maverick personality too, sees himself retiring from coaching quite early and is mainly after different experiences at this stage.

OFC he was on a big salary at marseille, but keep in mind club coaches get paid much much more than international ones, plus now hes made big money from contracts there and in china.

Gets chance to lead squad spearheaded by the best players of Porto and Zenit respectively, two of his ex clubs.

Comment

^ a solid candidate. agreed.

if we want to get this done, IFF has to act quick.
            He'd need enough time to implement his vision for the team.
            But if we wait till Feb, March , then we might as well stop fantasizing.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              I think villas boas always wanted to coach a national team, here he has a chance to not even go through qualifiers and directly to WC.

His cash is guaranteed by the WC funds themselves. Could be 2 year deal with WC + Asian Cup.

Still a very young motivated coach, maybe slightly pissed off at club scene after recent BS he dealt with at marseille and ready for different type of adventure. He has that slightly maverick personality too, sees himself retiring from coaching quite early and is mainly after different experiences at this stage.

OFC he was on a big salary at marseille, but keep in mind club coaches get paid much much more than international ones, plus now hes made big money from contracts there and in china.

Gets chance to lead squad spearheaded by the best players of Porto and Zenit respectively, two of his ex clubs.
              He will get on really well with Taremi:

On 2 February 2021, Villas-Boas announced in a press conference that he had offered his resignation to the club's board due to his dissatisfaction with the club's recruitment policy, namely them signing Celtic player Olivier Ntcham on loan the previous day against his wishes. A few hours later, Marseille announced the suspension of Villas-Boas as manager with immediate effect, with the club branding his public criticism of the club "unacceptable" and confirming that disciplinary hearings against Villas-Boas will take place

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                ^ a solid candidate. agreed.

if we want to get this done, IFF has to act quick.
                He'd need enough time to implement his vision for the team.
                But if we wait till Feb, March , then we might as well stop fantasizing.
                Ohh man that would be a dream candidate.. they need to do a real good khastehgari lol we have a little little window we can land a good coach now, nobody will come after the world cup except wiltits cousine from schweiz or something like that..
                and yeah i agree if anything is supposed to go down its now and not in like 6 months.
                i doubt IFF is even looking around but i guess one can dream a little..
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                X