Who is the alternative to Skocic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the alternative to Skocic ?

This is mainly to Skocic's detractors and those who constantly tout his lack of fame or call him no-name. Those who keep saying we deserve bigger names.

all those are correct.
    He is a no-name coach, with very little Int'l fame. We also deserve a bigger more famous coach for TM. All I agree with.
    But WHO do you have in mind?

WHO will come to Iran for the pittance the IFF is offering (so little this is that some egotistical coward vatani coaches refused to help the TM at its worst moments in our history ... as if money is everything!!)

Even if the individual says he'd do it for pittance, WHO will agree to come to Iran (amidst sanctions, tension with neighbors and Israel and threats of war)?

Zidane is free. Will he come to Iran? How much does he charge?
    Mou is in trouble (heh. so what's new). God forbid someone pitches TM to him, will he come? how much salary is his minium?
    Koeman is free. Same Q's as above.

Until you have a sensible, do-able answer, I suggest you stop fantasizing about Klopp or Guardiola leading TM at the WC

Zidane !

No but seriously at this point no one! The man is doing his job! we should keep him!
    looking at our stats . We have been amazing!

We have over 70-80% pass accuracy! Around 500 passes every match ! Scored 32 goals! Lots of shot on targets! only conceded 4 goals in 11 matches! 2 of the goals were caused by stupid mistakes (not related to DF line)!

beating bosnia, bahrain , iraq , uae! Dominating every game! even against south korea!

winning games without stars! like taremi or sardar!

What else do we want?

Comment

Wishful thinking answer would be many and many world class coaches who'd outclass Skocic in many levels and standards.

HOWEVER, Given all all the current and ongoing circumstances of our country, and how chaotic our lost cases with our foreign players and coaches have been with CAS, the last wish I would want upon our TM is yet another Wilmots-alike nutcase dragging our football into another crisis, putting us at the verge of suspension from all international football events, in particular WC.

dadua haaye azizam, just lay off your high expectations from this IFF and the IR in general, and be realistic for a second. It ain't happening, even if it happens, it will end sour and not only will we risk the continuation of current TM success, but also we will jeopardize the fate of our football in a much larger scale.

Let us enjoy our somewhat lackluster wins and peace, as I prefer that over a dazzling name surrounded by a million years of drama and costly consequences!

Comment

i know one good one, Uwe Rosler, he did great job in Malmo taking over them lifting them up and having succecful europe campaign, then left for a team in bundesliga that tryed to survive..
        but, as a german, probably, wouldnt work culturaly maybe.. but a good coach indeed, not known for many but well respected. probably not that expensive either.. dude had tactics, implemented them in limited time, alwayz played to win and beat some good oposition in the europe stage in a good way. that team payed much better than the current malmo team.. a coach like him, not nececary him, could do wonders with tm..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_R%C3%B6sler

Malmö FF
        On 12 June 2018, Rösler was announced as the new head coach of Swedish title holders Malmö FF on a 2.5-year deal.[54]

On 1 January 2020, Rösler resigned from Malmö after a two–year spell.[55] After taking over midway through the 2018 campaign, he led the team from 11th to 3rd place. In his first full season, Malmö FF finished second in Allsvenskan (2019), losing the title by one point to Djurgården.[56] Additionally, in his two seasons, he led the team into back-to-back Europa League knock-out stages, a first in the club's history.

Try talk Guus Hidding out of retirement.. Send Amoun and bribe Dzyuba to follow him in the talkover.. he might do it not for the payheck but to have another go at the world cup.
        More realisticly, Kia + Daei combo

I would like to get more info on: the guy who coached our succecfull u17 in 2017 world cup.. he is according to wiki still the coach?
        anyway he did a great job there, is in the system and may know some of the guys aswell, name ; Abbas Chamanyan
        what do those with better knowlage about him than me think of him?

trying to think outside the box but still inside the box lol, if you know what i mean,,
        I agree on, if we cant get a good coach, we shoudlnt switch him, until it feels like he lost the guys in the team..
        still i dont want to se ghalenoei, ghotbi and those guys..
        golmo said he isnt ready, so he shouldt be ready now either, he isnt in the race for me,
        but let me chose between mayeli kohan and skokic and id rather fail with mayeli than him lol , half joking, think mayeli is the better coach, what worries me is if he can keept the lockerroom..

# About Zidane and Pep and Klopp, I prefer SC in Porto, I suggest IFF brings up the big money and buys him out of his contract with Porto asap , just print some money lol
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

True, no one foreign or local would want the job at present. This doesn’t stop Tom, Dick and Harry bashing him. This bashing will go on irrespective of how far him and his backroom take us and by the look of it all the way to the World Cup.

I do though feel post-group qualification there would be a “mercenary” coach coming forward to take the helm as he would not only see this as an opportunity to earn $ but also lead a team in the World Cup as a stepping stone for greater $ and fame. This coach would be at the level of Dick A! He is praising Iran players at every interview and chance he gets and has even offered his resignation without asking for compensation. I wouldn’t be surprised if a deal has already been done. God help us with him at the helm.
          sigpic
          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Well I tell you this...The more Skocic wins, the more criticism he receives. For his sake, I hope that we lose a game or two because If we win the remainder of the qualifying games, Skocic will probably be hanged in Azadi Stadium!
            Either he is a genius...or has crazy luck because.....
            He does not complain about the league/schedule/games/late player release.
            He does not complain about the near complete lack of training games.
            He does not complain about facilities or lack there of.
            Most of the team is made of legionnaires who come to the camp pretty late....a couple of practice days and then they win the games and go home!
            I am geniuinly perplexed. It would be great to have a top notch coach but how can you replace a coach with a 11-1-0 record (as Iranians, I am sure we will find a way)!

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
              Well I tell you this...The more Skocic wins, the more criticism he receives. For his sake, I hope that we lose a game or two because If we win the remainder of the qualifying games, Skocic will probably be hanged in Azadi Stadium!
              Either he is a genius...or has crazy luck because.....
              He does not complain about the league/schedule/games/late player release.
              He does not complain about the near complete lack of training games.
              He does not complain about facilities or lack there of.
              Most of the team is made of legionnaires who come to the camp pretty late....a couple of practice days and then they win the games and go home!
              I am geniuinly perplexed. It would be great to have a top notch coach but how can you replace a coach with a 11-1-0 record (as Iranians, I am sure we will find a way)!
              You nailed it 👍

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
              به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                [B]
                i know one good one, Uwe Rosler, he did great job in Malmo taking over them lifting them up and .........

I would like to get more info on: the guy who coached our succecfull u17 in 2017 world cup.. he is according to wiki still the coach?
                anyway he did a great job there, is in the system and may know some of the guys aswell, name ; Abbas Chamanyan
                .....................l
                sooooo ... your solution to our problem of having a no-name coach is to replace him with another no-name (I've never heard of him. Has anyone outside sweden?) or little-known coach?
                As Ace Ventura, the pet detective says: okay then.

Comment

amir galenoie for
                  iranian coach deserves
                  another shot at tm for ac
                  he refused the job
                  after wilmoc
                  sepahan didnt want him out
                  either.
                  forigner coach
                  bronko since
                  for ac only.

Comment

the question you're posing is set up to lead to the answer you want. i understand your point. but i disagree with the premise. finding a solid head coach is always an uphill battle for us. but today, compared to 6 months ago, when not even yahya or ghalenoi would touch us, we're a top-20 national team that's a shoe-in to the world cup. sanctions and all the usual BS aside, I think the TM job is pretty sexy now. i think a lot of higher profile coaches would take this assignment now...1 year project to lead a solid team with star players to the world cup. i think it's possible. at this point though it would take 2-3 bad results in a row to generate the momentum to fire skocic. that's not going to happen. it has to either happen NOW or never. too risky to bring a new coach in 3-4 months before the world cup.

whether we "can", though, is different than whether we "should". I think we can, but i don't think we "should". even if we can get a marginally better coach, what's the point? you're not getting another CQ-level coach...so is it really worth the instability, change in coaching staffs, etc to get a slightly better coach who's unfamiliar with iran?

answer's no. like it or not, skocic is here to stay. i don't see a scenario where we out him, largely because there aren't enough opportunities left for him to screw up. the reason he was so emotional today is because he knew that losing to lebanon could be the excuse his detractors needed to oust him. he's past that....so what are you going to do? fire a head coach who's already qualified you to the WC with great resuls when you have 7-8 months left before the tournament? doesn't make sense and won't happen.

if we really had a chance to get renard or get cq back....then it's a huge shame that we didn't. but the ship has sailed and we have to face the reality that we're going to qualify to the WC but most likely not advance past the group stage. it is what it is...enjoy the ride.

Comment

Ali Daei, the one and only

Comment

iranian coaches have shot
                        at tm
                        1.galenoie
                        2.yahya
                        3.daie
                        4.nekunam

khareji coaches
                        skovic
                        bronko
                        zidane
                        murihnio
                        pep
                        maradona(he will coach through ayatollah ahmad
                        jannati 94 years old from isfehan)

Comment

Javad Nekunam

Comment

Neko or Yahya.

its a joke to change skocic for any other foreign manager at the level of wilmots. only if its a huge foreign name with a huge winning record.

Comment

How can someone wish for an iranian coach ? All they do is complain, about everything and everyone.

Skocic has an UEFA Licence and i dont remember that he had a chance to have a 3-4 weeks camp yet, in general he took over in the hardest situation and i still say he deserves a chance, Iran is under much pressure in all ways.

I am sure, very sure that Iran will play very different against Syria, the game against Lebanon was a wake up for everyone.

All i blame Skocic for, and i dont know if i am right, is playing the same players. Gholizadeh, Jahanbakhsh ( many times), even Moharrami etc are useless many times, give Ghaedi,Torabi,Salmani,Sayyadmanesh ..... a chance, even if its for some minutes, just to show players hey you are never fixed here.

Comment

Working...
                              X