Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA PROPOSES World Cup happening every 2 years

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/...435528709?s=20
    Sad day for football as FIFA pumps more money for the beautiful sport.
    Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 10-19-2021, 12:27 PM.

Baba bikhial. This is only proposal, nothing decided yet. Arsen Wenger has been appointed by fifa to discuss this with federations and national team coaches.

Comment

Why is it a sad day for football? its actually good news for true fans of the sport, specially the ones living in any other continent other than Europe!

The people who are against it fail to realise that UEFA is the one that is by far the greediest organisation, FIFA is a second but no where near UEFA. People say the calendar doesn't allow for a World Cup every two years? but does it really? Why is that?

Because UEFA fills their calendar with useless tournaments just to make money at the expense of fans around the world and the players? Do we really need to have a Nations League? do we really need to have Europa League? how about UEFA Super cup?

Why do countries like France and Portugal and Germany need to play useless games against Luxembourg or Andorra in Euro zone qualifying?

we can eliminate all of these coopetition along with useless first round of qualifying (in Europe and Asia specially) and still have plenty of time for a World Cup.

Comment

considering we struggle to get decent friendlies and always have to play a bunch of arab teams, I think this would be good for TM to get more exposure on a more regular basis

Comment

Originally posted by rightoussoul View Post
          Why is it a sad day for football? its actually good news for true fans of the sport, specially the ones living in any other continent other than Europe!
          The people who are against it fail to realise that UEFA is the one that is by far the greediest organisation, FIFA is a second but no where near UEFA. People say the calendar doesn't allow for a World Cup every two years? but does it really? Why is that?
          Because UEFA fills their calendar with useless tournaments just to make money at the expense of fans around the world and the players? Do we really need to have a Nations League? do we really need to have Europa League? how about UEFA Super cup?
          Why do countries like France and Portugal and Germany need to play useless games against Luxembourg or Andorra in Euro zone qualifying?
          we can eliminate all of these coopetition along with useless first round of qualifying (in Europe and Asia specially) and still have plenty of time for a World Cup.
          Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
          considering we struggle to get decent friendlies and always have to play a bunch of arab teams, I think this would be good for TM to get more exposure on a more regular basis
          Excellent replies!

Comment

Edited thread title
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I have mixed feelings. Having it once every 4 years really makes it an intense and unique worldwide experience. But it does really suck to watch your team play 3 games, and then wait 4 years again to potentially see them play again. Seems like it is just a proposal so far? I actually would vote to make it every 3 years, that would be purely positive in my opinion.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

World cup every two years with more teams and Iran at #22 FIFA rating (and in that range for years)...

-- pretty much means Iran will be in the world cup every time from now on!

Comment

Working...
                X