Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    This is just about the time & the sorta games that TM enter important matches unprepared & laxyDazy , Under-perform severely & end up giving away vital points that will jeopardize WCQs bit later on ..!
    Let’s hope Eskoochie avoids any unnecessary drama & keeps the boys focused fully on the job/games ahead ..!
    6 points here will all but guarantee WCQualifications & afford us the luxury of treating the remaining matches as kinda sorta friendlies, thus allowing for for experimentation with tactics & alternate players bed in ..!

I hear you & agree.
    But brings a question: Will we be happy if he gets the required 6 points and sticks to the same tried n tested line up, ie., without Saman, ... etc?

What will our reaction be?
    I ask this bcoz this is the most probable scenario. And most probably that WILL BE our reaction: attack him for not using Saman or .... while discounting the 2 wins.
    havent we done the same till now?

just wondering what the mood of the board wld be

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
      10 pages of this thread is kateb writing poems.
      He is Kateb after all lol

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        I hear you & agree.
        But brings a question: Will we be happy if he gets the required 6 points and sticks to the same tried n tested line up, ie., without Saman, ... etc?

I ask this bcoz this is the most probable scenario. And most probably that WILL BE our reaction: attack him for not using Saman or .... while discounting the 2 wins.

I for one have been down on Coach, especially with starting lineups, Ghoddos, etc…but if he gets 6 points against Lebanon and Syria . I’m on board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear you & agree.

yes, i'll be plenty happay with 6points that virtually put us through ...

and honestly dont care if he doesnt Start Samman in any of the 2 Games coming up but if he gonna disrespect & dishearten him by ghosting him like last time, then I’d be pissed regardless of 6 points attained..!
          If he foolishly sidelines Mehdi too, I’ll join his enemy lines here & ask for his head regardless of 6 + more points.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
            I'd have to respectfully disagree man.

We sould keep playing our best starting lineup until we've ensured qualification. We can't act like the job is done and start taking risks before we've even qualified.

I know it's Lebanon but even other teams in our group have had to work for this win against them... Even Korea.

As for Syria... Same thing.

Mayyyyyybe just maybe we won't use 2 defensive DMs against Lebanon but we'd definitely use our main starters in defence and other positions. The probability of this is still pretty low, I believe.
            the lineup i want with
            saeed aghaie lb
            daneshgar rb
            vahid amiri lw
            and no ahmad noor
            instead saman
            in my opinion is the best
            team iran has.
            so imo we are going all out .
            beauty about football is like politics
            everyone has their own opinion
            and there is no right or wrong
            its matter of choice
            and skovic will play with 2 dmf
            against nepal as he did against cambodia
            thats his way as long as he gets results
            he is a daneshmand.

Comment

and honestly dont care if he doesnt Start Samman in any of the 2 Games coming up but if he gonna disrespect & dishearten him by ghosting him like last time, then I’d be pissed regardless of 6 points attained..!
              If he foolishly sidelines Mehdi too, I’ll join his enemy lines here & ask for his head regardless of 6 + more points.
              skovic is happy to be tm hc as he never thought
              in his wildest dream he can land a job like that
              as his original contract he agreed to be paid
              350million toman and get pay in tuman.
              thats less than 15 k u.s dollors.
              he will never ever mess with mehdi at this junction
              and he realized he made mistake
              after his interview got scaredAND CALLED SARDAR
              to explain lol since sardar is mehdi bf
              skovic is smart and picks his battles.
              he will do and say anything to be iran
              hc at the wc to his resume
              he can cash in with arab clubs after.
              dont worry about him foolishly benching
              mehdi 0%chance.

Comment

2 issues:

1- You and persianLion said "if he gets the 6 points" (ie beating Lebanon & Syria) then you're onboard.
                My question is why beating Iraq in a do or die game (last round), then beating the same Iraq 3-0 (WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE BEAT IRAQ BY 3 GOALS?), and beating the very same Syria, and UAE (at home) not enough to change your opinion of him ... while beating Lebanon and Syria (for the 2nd time) suddenly DOES?

I dont understand. Is Lebanon (or Syria) such a world beating team that beating them convinces his nay-sayers to come onboard?

2- You said you're ok if he doesnt play Saman. But if he "disrespects or disheartens" him ....
                Unless I've missed something I dont recall skocic disrespecting Saman.
                Do you mean by not playing him? Then you just now said you dont mind not playing him.
                I may have missed something that's happened between these two. Please remind me.

secondly, I, too, believe Saman can and SHOULD be given far more minutes or even starts. As he turns the usual conservative team into an energetic, attacking & creative one.
                But I also understand why a coach would persist with the same formula that has given 100% results, until he achieves Qualification. THEN, he can do some changes and experiment.
                This is not an uncommon strategy among world coaches.

Comment

This is the English source from the organization itself: https://www.iffhs.com/posts/1413

I've personally never heard of the IFFHS, and don't know how credible they are. Can't be too credible, because Akram Afif (Qatar/Al Saad SC) and Ali Mabkhout (UAE/Al Jazira) are also on the list.

Edit:
                  Sorry accidentally posted in the wrong thread
                  Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran

2 issues:

1- You and persianLion said "if he gets the 6 points" (ie beating Lebanon & Syria) then you're onboard.
                    My question is why beating Iraq in a do or die game (last round), then beating the same Iraq 3-0 (WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE BEAT IRAQ BY 3 GOALS?), and beating the very same Syria, and UAE (at home) not enough to change your opinion of him ... while beating Lebanon and Syria (for the 2nd time) suddenly DOES?

I dont understand. Is Lebanon (or Syria) such a world beating team that beating them convinces his nay-sayers to come onboard?

2- You said you're ok if he doesnt play Saman. But if he "disrespects or disheartens" him ....
                    Unless I've missed something I dont recall skocic disrespecting Saman.
                    Do you mean by not playing him? Then you just now said you dont mind not playing him.
                    I may have missed something that's happened between these two. Please remind me.

secondly, I, too, believe Saman can and SHOULD be given far more minutes or even starts. As he turns the usual conservative team into an energetic, attacking & creative one.
                    But I also understand why a coach would persist with the same formula that has given 100% results, until he achieves Qualification. THEN, he can do some changes and experiment.
                    This is not an uncommon strategy among world coaches.
                    For me because it’s at this juncture that TM historically drops the ball(and makes it hard on themselves) by losing points to inferior opponents —by either taking them lightly or just playing bad. If he can change that around well then he’s done everything we can ask for up to this point—including prepping them to not take the opposition lightly when head of the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X