Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran - Page 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,961 Times in 3,117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    There was literally an explosion in front of Iran’s embassy in 2013 or 2012 when we played Lebanon and AFC did nothing.
    If a Saudi or Emirati has indigestion though AFC will pause all football.
    What a mess. Bad enough we have IFF, we have to deal with AFC too
    It should still be expected of IFF to push for a venue change starting today every day until next month.
    For all their own incompetence when it comes to prioritizing MLS > Legionnaire's, USSF literally almost tore FIFA a new one over the WC 2022 one and Sepp Blatter is gone. We can't seriously lobby on equally incompetent AFC and get one measly venue change?

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,734 Times in 4,001 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    I’ll do you one better……he had the balls to use them in tournaments themselves. 95% of Iranian footies had no idea who PAG was in AC 2015 and those who did, knew him as a DM. CQ opted to use him as a starting CB for the tournament. We both know how that panned out. Vahid Amiri and Ramin Rezaeian too…..both had no TM caps before the prep for AC and used them on big stages.
    Another perfect example is Majid Hosseini…..the guy had no TM caps before the WC and used him the whole tourney pretty much.
    Ali beiro became the starter for TM in WCQs when at the time haghighi was becoming the first established TM keeper in Europe.
    There are even more but I think I’ve made my point at this point.
    …..and I’ll be fair….Skocic still has time to do that too. But so far, he hasn’t shown faith in not just youth but even in his team especially in these last 2 games with how he managed his subs.
    1- CQ;
    true
    But WHEN and at what stage did CQ start to use these youngsters?
    in comfortable situations where we had already qualified or got enough points? or in do-or-die games?
    That is what I was referring to.

2-
    also true that skocic has just started and may do this too (he has already done with hardani, sarlak and ghaedi.

But we cannot forget WHERE and in what state of TM campaign he came in.
    with 3 do or die games to even qualify for the final stage, I seriously doubt the likes of guardiola or klopp would trust untested, debutants, let alone CQ.

then came the final round. and he has already given debutes to 2-3 players.

so this critic of him not allowing youngsters to play is false.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    It should still be expected of IFF to push for a venue change starting today every day until next month.
    For all their own incompetence when it comes to prioritizing MLS > Legionnaire's, USSF literally almost tore FIFA a new one over the WC 2022 one and Sepp Blatter is gone. We can't seriously lobby on equally incompetent AFC and get one measly venue change?
    but politically speaking it will be very IRONIC if Iran cites "violence & insecurity" when it is IRAN's proxy terrorist group, hezbollah causing all that violence & insecurity (butt sore bcoz they lose shit load of parliament seats) .. most probably on IRAN's orders anyway!!

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    There was literally an explosion in front of Iran’s embassy in 2013 or 2012 when we played Lebanon and AFC did nothing.
    If a Saudi or Emirati has indigestion though AFC will pause all football.
    What a mess. Bad enough we have IFF, we have to deal with AFC too
    I think thats because it happened while we were there, now its like a civil war type scenario where it could possibly be unsafe for referees and officials to travel there.
    You just got Caged
    K.C McElroy's Fan

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 443 Posts
    There is no way the match is going to take place in Beirut

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omid177 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,961 Times in 3,117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    but politically speaking it will be very IRONIC if Iran cites "violence & insecurity" when it is IRAN's proxy terrorist group, hezbollah causing all that violence & insecurity (butt sore bcoz they lose shit load of parliament seats) .. most probably on IRAN's orders anyway!!
    What part do any of Team Melli's players play in this situation? If anything, they'll be a prime target for people of the other side to attack them/take them hostage etc knowing that IFF doesn't get them security.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,470 Times in 3,710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Omid177 View Post
    There is no way the match is going to take place in Beirut

That's what I'm saying man, no way they are allowing Lebanon to host the match against Iran! Would have to be neutral location like UAE or Qatar.

Forum Staff

ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,403 Times in 4,802 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    One thing I miss about CQ (hell even sh*tty Wiltits did this too with Mohebbi) is that he wasn't afraid to give young players chances to start
    Yasin Salmani isn't gonna learn by sitting on the bench, sometimes you have to take off the training wheels and just see how he does. With Sepahan, Salmani has proven to be a midfielder of very HIGH caliber and one that is already better than Nourollahi
    Skocic sort of reminds me of Branko of TM coaching era who would not wanna touch his starting line up, no would he risk playing younger talents.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keano For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keano View Post
    Skocic sort of reminds me of Branko of TM coaching era who would not wanna touch his starting line up, no would he risk playing younger talents.
    I’m not a Skocic fan, but he is in no position to experiment right now. I get where he is coming from. Hopefully if we win the next 2 games, then he has a bit more flexibility.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PEJ For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    What part do any of Team Melli's players play in this situation? If anything, they'll be a prime target for people of the other side to attack them/take them hostage etc knowing that IFF doesn't get them security.

lol. It's asia, or more specifically, middle east. ANYTHING is possible brother . ANY thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 227

You do not have permission to view the list of names.