Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran

6 points in these upcoming qualifiers and it would need a miracle for us not to qualify!

The game against Lebanon seems to be tougher than expected. It's their first home-game and i expect a full stadium( if fans are allowed).
    They're feeling confident atm in 3rd place and will do anything to get a result against us.

Syria on the other hand has been getting bad results. I rank their attack third behind us and Korea but their defence is the worst in the group.
    They're playing Iraq before they face us and i think their performance against us will be influenced by the result they get against Iraq.
    Esteghlal πŸ’™πŸ’™

yeah we can expect alot of faul play and hard tackles, and grassrolling. we just need to score and they will fall apart. id like to se speedy ghaedi and ghoddos in this game. Ezza will take care of the middle. when is PAG and Hosseini back? maybe play Hardani and Hajisafi aswell?
    I also miss Pooladi, he retired a while ago but its a shame we lost him in TM

we can be sitting with 16 pts after november if we play our cards right. but be careful with this lebanon. if we dont go 100 % in the mental aproach they have the ability to upset and then we are in biig trouble..

just look at hungary, went and lost 2 back to back games against albania, then drew england. they totaly destroyed their campaign,. if they won against albania they would be in a good position,

so offcource we are better than hungary but the point is relax mentaly and we are toast.. we have to approach this as if lebanon are Japan.
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
      yeah we can expect alot of faul play and hard tackles, and grassrolling. we just need to score and they will fall apart. id like to se speedy ghaedi and ghoddos in this game. Ezza will take care of the middle. when is PAG and Hosseini back? maybe play Hardani and Hajisafi aswell?
      I also miss Pooladi, he retired a while ago but its a shame we lost him in TM

we can be sitting with 16 pts after november if we play our cards right. but be careful with this lebanon. if we dont go 100 % in the mental aproach they have the ability to upset and then we are in biig trouble..

just look at hungary, went and lost 2 back to back games against albania, then drew england. they totaly destroyed their campaign,. if they won against albania they would be in a good position,

so offcource we are better than hungary but the point is relax mentaly and we are toast.. we have to approach this as if lebanon are Japan.
      Majid Hosseini is in the squad already, Skokic just doesn't play him.

PAG won't be available for the qualifiers. He'll probably be fully healed some point in the summer and could make it to the World Cup.

Comment

So based on our last game against Korea i guess that Nourafkan and Azmoun (!) will be suspended for the next game. I think at this point we should give MiMo a chance to prove himself. He has everything what it takes to be great at RB, he is fast, good defending, good crosses and fighting spirit.
        Given the fact that Azmoun will be suspended, Skocic should def. try to start Ghoddus for this game, since Lebanon will likely park the bus and wait for counter-attacks. But i habe the feeling that Skocic will start Ansarifard for this game. I would also love to see PAG replacing Shoja in the long run (at WC hopefully), he is without doubt our best CD.

I would try 4-3-3 System with the following line-up:

--------------Beiro-----------------
        -----Kanaani-----Shoja----------
        Moharami---------------------MiMo
        --------------Ezzi--------------------
        ---Jahanbakhsh-------Ghoddus--
        Gholi---------Taremi------------Amiri

And as sub. Karim, Ghaedi, Nour./Sarlak (if needed)

Comment

yeah i also have a feeling he go with ansarifard.. but i just have the feeling that ghaedi would get his international explosion (again) if he would play that game from start.. eaven if he didnt touch the ball vs korea in those 3 minutes, one could se that his runs and energy was worrying the defenders in korea.
          he just brings another level than ansarifard..eaven if ansarifard is good aswell, btw now he maybe calls up sayyadmanesh? kaveh is also injurerd so.. azmoun will get a call so he can play the second game but still a place open..

i like your lineup

what do you think about a offensive 3-5-2 system vs libanon? they will pach midfield and the middle of defence on the pitch, and i think we need to control the midfield aswell. we could move up ezza to a pogba in france role, or as he played in juve, morre offensive and nearer to goal than in united.
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I really hope that we can win our next three games and qualify earlier for the next round, so that Skocic can use all the other great players we have Ghoddus, Ghaedi, Kaveh, Ansarifard, Torabi etc. for the remaining games.

Comment

Have i missed something? Why is Azmoun suspended? He only got a yellow against Korea, not against Iraq or UAE.
              Esteghlal πŸ’™πŸ’™

Comment

hmm. was it taremi then who was on a yellor already so maybe no suspension? im unsurer now.
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                  So based on our last game against Korea i guess that Nourafkan and Azmoun (!) will be suspended for the next game. I think at this point we should give MiMo a chance to prove himself. He has everything what it takes to be great at RB, he is fast, good defending, good crosses and fighting spirit.
                  Given the fact that Azmoun will be suspended, Skocic should def. try to start Ghoddus for this game, since Lebanon will likely park the bus and wait for counter-attacks. But i habe the feeling that Skocic will start Ansarifard for this game. I would also love to see PAG replacing Shoja in the long run (at WC hopefully), he is without doubt our best CD.

I would try 4-3-3 System with the following line-up:

--------------Beiro-----------------
                  -----Kanaani-----Shoja----------
                  Moharami---------------------MiMo
                  --------------Ezzi--------------------
                  ---Jahanbakhsh-------Ghoddus--
                  Gholi---------Taremi------------Amiri

And as sub. Karim, Ghaedi, Nour./Sarlak (if needed)
                  What, why would Azmoun be suspended? That was his first yellow since he was suspended versus Syria. Azmoun is a guaranteed starter 10000%.

Against lebanon, we need players who are technical and able to create chances out of nothing given Lebanon is physical and defends well and is able to pack in tightly. We also need players who aren't afraid to shoot from outside the box and bang one in.

Hence why Ghoddos is a must start for me. I would actually bench Gholizadeh and have him sub on for Ghoddos in the 65-75th minute. My starting lineup would look something like this:

--------------------Beiranvand---------

Moharrami---Kanaani----Shoja-----Amiri

------------------Ezatolahi-----------------

--------Ghoddos--------------Nourollahi--

ARJ-------------Azmoun---------Taremi

Comment

Sorry my bad, Azmoun just received one yellow card! So he shouldn't be suspended for the next game!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                      What, why would Azmoun be suspended? That was his first yellow since he was suspended versus Syria. Azmoun is a guaranteed starter 10000%.

Against lebanon, we need players who are technical and able to create chances out of nothing given Lebanon is physical and defends well and is able to pack in tightly. We also need players who aren't afraid to shoot from outside the box and bang one in.

Hence why Ghoddos is a must start for me. I would actually bench Gholizadeh and have him sub on for Ghoddos in the 65-75th minute. My starting lineup would look something like this:

--------------------Beiranvand---------

Moharrami---Kanaani----Shoja-----Amiri

--------Ghoddos--------------Nourollahi--

ARJ-------------Azmoun---------Taremi
                      I would love to start a game without Nourollahi, just to see if there are better options for our Middlefield. I was thinking that Ezzi-Jahanbaksh-Ghoddus Middlefield would be much more dynamic and creative so that Gholi and Amiri could express their full potential in the attack. I think Amiri is misplaced at LB, we should give MiMo a chance to prove himself. Even the fact that Azmoun will be available for the next game, i would stick to my Line-Up. Azmoun can always enter the game when needed.

Of course Skocic will def. start with Azmoun and also very likely stick with Nour. It is also very likely that Amiri will be LB for this game.

Comment

One thing I miss about CQ (hell even sh*tty Wiltits did this too with Mohebbi) is that he wasn't afraid to give young players chances to start

Yasin Salmani isn't gonna learn by sitting on the bench, sometimes you have to take off the training wheels and just see how he does. With Sepahan, Salmani has proven to be a midfielder of very HIGH caliber and one that is already better than Nourollahi

Having a 4-3-3 holding, where our top three attackers are ARJ at RW (Or Gholi/Ghaedi/Torabi depending on form), Azmoun at ST, and Taremi is at LW, along with a midfield three of Ezatolahi (CDM), Ghoddos (CM) and Salmani (CM) would be crucial towards penetrating better defenses

Comment

-------------------Beiranvand---------

Moharrami---Kanaani----Shoja-----Amiri-------

--------Ghoddos--------------

ARJ------------------------------Ghaedi------

-----Azmoun---------Taremi---------

Your thoughts on this lineup?
                          Esteghlal πŸ’™πŸ’™

Comment

I hope we don't play sleepy football and skocic being in a coma as usual, This Lebanon side are playing at home and are going to be HIGHLY motivated after their win against Syria. They will play this game like a life or death situation.
                            You just got Caged
                            K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Lebanon looks way better than I expected and Syria looks way worse.

Coaching seems to be the difference here. Similar talent level but from watching both teams play, Lebanon looks way more organized with a clear game plan and they caught Syria sleeping quite a bit yesterday to take full advantage. Lebanon will be somewhere between the Iraq and UAE test IMO.

Should still be 6 points. Hopefully we don’t see the same weirdness with lineup/subs we saw these last two games.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                              X