Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    There was literally an explosion in front of Iran’s embassy in 2013 or 2012 when we played Lebanon and AFC did nothing.
    If a Saudi or Emirati has indigestion though AFC will pause all football.
    What a mess. Bad enough we have IFF, we have to deal with AFC too
    It should still be expected of IFF to push for a venue change starting today every day until next month.
    For all their own incompetence when it comes to prioritizing MLS > Legionnaire's, USSF literally almost tore FIFA a new one over the WC 2022 one and Sepp Blatter is gone. We can't seriously lobby on equally incompetent AFC and get one measly venue change?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      I’ll do you one better……he had the balls to use them in tournaments themselves. 95% of Iranian footies had no idea who PAG was in AC 2015 and those who did, knew him as a DM. CQ opted to use him as a starting CB for the tournament. We both know how that panned out. Vahid Amiri and Ramin Rezaeian too…..both had no TM caps before the prep for AC and used them on big stages.
      Another perfect example is Majid Hosseini…..the guy had no TM caps before the WC and used him the whole tourney pretty much.
      Ali beiro became the starter for TM in WCQs when at the time haghighi was becoming the first established TM keeper in Europe.
      There are even more but I think I’ve made my point at this point.
      …..and I’ll be fair….Skocic still has time to do that too. But so far, he hasn’t shown faith in not just youth but even in his team especially in these last 2 games with how he managed his subs.
      1- CQ;
      true
      But WHEN and at what stage did CQ start to use these youngsters?
      in comfortable situations where we had already qualified or got enough points? or in do-or-die games?
      That is what I was referring to.

2-
      also true that skocic has just started and may do this too (he has already done with hardani, sarlak and ghaedi.

But we cannot forget WHERE and in what state of TM campaign he came in.
      with 3 do or die games to even qualify for the final stage, I seriously doubt the likes of guardiola or klopp would trust untested, debutants, let alone CQ.

then came the final round. and he has already given debutes to 2-3 players.

so this critic of him not allowing youngsters to play is false.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        It should still be expected of IFF to push for a venue change starting today every day until next month.
        For all their own incompetence when it comes to prioritizing MLS > Legionnaire's, USSF literally almost tore FIFA a new one over the WC 2022 one and Sepp Blatter is gone. We can't seriously lobby on equally incompetent AFC and get one measly venue change?
        but politically speaking it will be very IRONIC if Iran cites "violence & insecurity" when it is IRAN's proxy terrorist group, hezbollah causing all that violence & insecurity (butt sore bcoz they lose shit load of parliament seats) .. most probably on IRAN's orders anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          There was literally an explosion in front of Iran’s embassy in 2013 or 2012 when we played Lebanon and AFC did nothing.
          If a Saudi or Emirati has indigestion though AFC will pause all football.
          What a mess. Bad enough we have IFF, we have to deal with AFC too
          I think thats because it happened while we were there, now its like a civil war type scenario where it could possibly be unsafe for referees and officials to travel there.
          You just got Caged
          K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

There is no way the match is going to take place in Beirut

https://www.facebook.com/MiddleEastE...3957317817841/

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              but politically speaking it will be very IRONIC if Iran cites "violence & insecurity" when it is IRAN's proxy terrorist group, hezbollah causing all that violence & insecurity (butt sore bcoz they lose shit load of parliament seats) .. most probably on IRAN's orders anyway!!
              What part do any of Team Melli's players play in this situation? If anything, they'll be a prime target for people of the other side to attack them/take them hostage etc knowing that IFF doesn't get them security.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status...10140236754949

That's what I'm saying man, no way they are allowing Lebanon to host the match against Iran! Would have to be neutral location like UAE or Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  One thing I miss about CQ (hell even sh*tty Wiltits did this too with Mohebbi) is that he wasn't afraid to give young players chances to start
                  Yasin Salmani isn't gonna learn by sitting on the bench, sometimes you have to take off the training wheels and just see how he does. With Sepahan, Salmani has proven to be a midfielder of very HIGH caliber and one that is already better than Nourollahi
                  Skocic sort of reminds me of Branko of TM coaching era who would not wanna touch his starting line up, no would he risk playing younger talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                    Skocic sort of reminds me of Branko of TM coaching era who would not wanna touch his starting line up, no would he risk playing younger talents.
                    I’m not a Skocic fan, but he is in no position to experiment right now. I get where he is coming from. Hopefully if we win the next 2 games, then he has a bit more flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      What part do any of Team Melli's players play in this situation? If anything, they'll be a prime target for people of the other side to attack them/take them hostage etc knowing that IFF doesn't get them security.

lol. It's asia, or more specifically, middle east. ANYTHING is possible brother . ANY thing

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post

Yeah hopefully AFC come to their senses( for once) and move the game to a neutral location.
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                          They can play with 200% capacity, we will still crush them.
                          Did i say that we would lose?
                          Lol, i'm just posting news.
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                            Whether its in lebanon or afghanistan or amrica WE WILL WIN! So it doesn't really matter. But looking at the state of Lebanon and all the protests and lack of energy, it will be very odd if they are allowed to have home games! I've checked on AFC , Fifa and google and the stadium is still not shown.
                            The only sources talking about lebanon hosting + fans are iranian sources and they are making a huge deal out of it! So what if they allow fans ! we will still beat them mark my word
                            Lol didn't say we would lose if it's in Lebanon. But it surely would be a more difficult game as we did lose there once under CQ.
                            The post game comments from their coach is from AFC website.

But looking at the state of their country as you mentioned, AFC will hopefully move it to a neutral location.
                            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                              Lol didn't say we would lose if it's in Lebanon. But it surely would be a more difficult game as we did lose there once under CQ.
                              The post game comments from their coach is from AFC website.

But looking at the state of their country as you mentioned, AFC will hopefully move it to a neutral location.
                              that game we lost
                              was the reason we made 2 back to back wc
                              it waked cq up

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                                that game we lost
                                was the reason we made 2 back to back wc
                                it waked cq up
                                We also lost to Uzbekistan in Tehran after that game.
                                What woke CQ up was the window from november 2012 to june 2013( our last 3 qualifiers) when he had time to implement his succesful ultra-defensive approach.
                                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Working...
                                X