Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Match discussions Lebanon-Iran and Syria-Iran

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,068 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peiman92 View Post
    According to Lebanon football president game against Iran will be played with 60% stadium capacity.
    They can play with 200% capacity, we will still crush them.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Abtin For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abtin View Post
    They can play with 200% capacity, we will still crush them.
    Khak to Sarah IFF , we could had 60,000 fans in Azadi PLUS a viable VAR that would call on the CLEAR Penalty on Taremi, and yet again , We lose to our selves 3 valuable points !

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eerooni For This Useful Post:

General Member Reputation
    Thanks
    Very low chance Lebanon game takes place in Lebanon, last time Iran had a game there they bombed our embassy and now Lebanon is on the brink of civil war with no power or fuel.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 026121 For This Useful Post:

General Member
    Thanks
    Lebanon home games is set in Jordan. That's what I heard in UAE media.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbaizai For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peiman92 View Post
    Yes they will play their games at home in Saida Municipal Stadium( Sidon) with 22600 capacity. They were originally scheduled to play S.Korea there on matchday 2, before they swapped their matches.
    They will actually have 5 straight home games, before facing us in Tehran on matchday 10.

Ivan Hasek( Lebanon coach) post game comments after Syria game:

“We should believe in our capabilities and improve in the next matches that we will play at home. We shall continue working and this victory is for all the players who worked very hard.”
    Whether its in lebanon or afghanistan or amrica WE WILL WIN! So it doesn't really matter. But looking at the state of Lebanon and all the protests and lack of energy, it will be very odd if they are allowed to have home games! I've checked on AFC , Fifa and google and the stadium is still not shown.

The only sources talking about lebanon hosting + fans are iranian sources and they are making a huge deal out of it! So what if they allow fans ! we will still beat them mark my word

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 958 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    I remember we played against Lebanon at their home during the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. (yesterday it was the 21 year anniversary). They even had a couple of naturalized players, but we still won 4-0 in front of their crowd. Daei, Estili(2) and Bagheri scored for us in the opening match of the tournament.

Historically we have done well against them, so I am sure it will be leaning more towards Iran. But against their football hungry crowed, it will be somewhat hard but nothing Iranian footballers have not done before.
    Yes, I remember that game vividly. Lebanon made so much noise before the tournament and the media was raving about their naturalized South American players. Iran 4-0 just shut Lebanon enthusiasm down for the rest of the tournament.

That said, these arab teams all have a grunge against Iran. Even when they are on the bottom of the table and have no hope, they put whatever they have/can against Iran. Football or anti-football! We should always take these arabs seriously!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kavian For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    I remember we played against Lebanon at their home during the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. (yesterday it was the 21 year anniversary). They even had a couple of naturalized players, but we still won 4-0 in front of their crowd. Daei, Estili(2) and Bagheri scored for us in the opening match of the tournament.

Historically we have done well against them, so I am sure it will be leaning more towards Iran. But against their football hungry crowed, it will be somewhat hard but nothing Iranian footballers have not done before.

that tournment that was our best tm ever
    and we should of won it all
    only weakness was GOALIE
    karim bagheri goal best i ever seen against s.k
    WHY WHY ALI DAIE decided to do a chilano in our own 6 feet missed the ball ....
    jalal talebi had no bussiness being our head coach.
    also khodada azizi problems started after this tournment and u can say that was his lat full time
    matches ever in tm , if we had him for 2002 wcq
    we would of qualified .
    ALSO we had star in progress mojahed khaziravi
    which eveeyone wanted him start over kia
    since kia was accused of saving his legs for his club at that time.
    thanks for bringing up 21 years ago.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kateb For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mehdi13 View Post
    Yes. CQ gave opportunities to young players like Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, and Ezzat in big games. Like you say at least Wilmots capped Mohebbi and Allahyar. Skocic is uninviting players and isn’t confident enough to even play the young players he has invited. Ghaedi getting 30 seconds in a 1-1 at home is a shame…

I dont want to constantly defend Skocic (as I too have quite a few bones to pick wt him). But I value FAIRNESS above all else.

On the one hand we say (& rightfully so too) that Skocic is a no name coach. Then immediately we accuse him of not behaving like well established famous coaches!!
    Confused much, we are. As Yoda would say.

You all just said it. He's a rookie, no name coach. But immensely brave to have taken up a job that was heading for failure on a Ferrari speeding downhill. Such a coach IS usually a more cautious one, more bothered about his team's fate than proving how big his balls are to a sect of fans.
    And by jove, he IS getting results .... and not by parking the bus. By playing cautious but SENSIBLE football.

secondly, I dont remember CQ giving untested youngsters game starts when our qualification was up in the air.
    Now I may be mistaken. If anyone can verify when which youngster was given a starting lineup at what stage of WCQ's, I will gladly retract this.
    but till then, why not enjoy the smoothest of qualifications.

Agaian, I'm not defending him as I think he can certainly beef up the "productivity" of the midfield by replacing the very average nourolahi with Ghoddos.
    Or perhaps give a chance to the likes of Ghaedi earlier into games. If not to try them out, but also to give some rst to our dynamic duo up front.

But none of this is something that would make me say he isnt doing a very good job at TM at the moment.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,404 Times in 3,881 Posts
    ^ Besides, didnt Skocic give time to Fooald's RB Hardani and Sarlak and ... who are getting their very first int'l caps?

how are you all glossing over this and omitting this?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,569 Times in 5,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    secondly, I dont remember CQ giving untested youngsters game starts when our qualification was up in the air. Now I may be mistaken. If anyone can verify when which youngster was given a starting lineup at what stage of WCQ's, I will gladly retract this.
    I’ll do you one better……he had the balls to use them in tournaments themselves. 95% of Iranian footies had no idea who PAG was in AC 2015 and those who did, knew him as a DM. CQ opted to use him as a starting CB for the tournament. We both know how that panned out. Vahid Amiri and Ramin Rezaeian too…..both had no TM caps before the prep for AC and used them on big stages.

Another perfect example is Majid Hosseini…..the guy had no TM caps before the WC and used him the whole tourney pretty much.

Ali beiro became the starter for TM in WCQs when at the time haghighi was becoming the first established TM keeper in Europe.

There are even more but I think I’ve made my point at this point.

…..and I’ll be fair….Skocic still has time to do that too. But so far, he hasn’t shown faith in not just youth but even in his team especially in these last 2 games with how he managed his subs.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 200

You do not have permission to view the list of names.