• Every FOUR years

58 74.36%
  • Every TWO years

16 20.51%
  • I'm a moron and need a Vali Faghih to decide for me

4 5.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: World Cups - Every 2 years or 4 years?

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    Seems Infantino is not letting this shit go away!!!
    He's really pushing for it.

Then I got another proposal;
    Have one WC for the top 100 teams
    And another for lower 100.

Each every 4 yrs, in this manner;
    2022 WC tier A (for top 100)
    2024 WC tier B (for below 100)
    2026 WC tier A
    2028 WC tier B
    .... and so on

This way, the lower tier teams also attract plenty of attention for their games ... if not their specific qualification games.

Then there is promotion of the top 20-30 teams from tier B (at the end of their WC) for the tier A.
    And demotion of the lowest 20-30 teams from tier A.

This way you get your every 2 ye WC fever.
    Weaker teams see extra incentives plus far more attention & interest during their WC (as many eager fans who want WC's more often will most tune in for this)

And it doesnt take away anything from the glory or value of WCs.
    Neither will it kill players on the pitch
    That's BS.
    I want Iran to play main competition against top teams as often as possible. Come on Arsene

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

General Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    That's BS.
    I want Iran to play main competition against top teams as often as possible. Come on Arsene
    I like the idea but I prefer it to be a World league instead of WC as it would lose its prestige and hype (it will already be effected by every 2 year tournament).

so top 20 or 30 team in league 1 and the following teams in league 2 and every year or 2 years 2 advance and 2 drops to the lower league. Then there is no such thing as international friendly.

FIFA would pocked most of the money sponsorships TV rights etc. The main thing is that smaller countries or unpopular ones like us would get a chance to play with decent teams like our Volleyball and futsal to a degree..

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,080 Times in 8,731 Posts
    FIFA (Infantino, tv people, and those who stand to make money) have already decided they want the every 2 year World Cup.
    They’re just trying to convince/force every FA to accept. Also UEFA can go f itself too.
    There is a legitimate point being made that most of the countries outside of the same old west European nations don’t get enough games and chances for representation. That has to be fixed.
    The other issue is the major clubs are happy to have fifa and uefa kill international football as they already think it cuts into their bottom line.

Just do my world league option, it’s honestly the best one.

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 609 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaz110 View Post
    I like the idea but I prefer it to be a World league instead of WC as it would lose its prestige and hype (it will already be effected by every 2 year tournament).

so top 20 or 30 team in league 1 and the following teams in league 2 and every year or 2 years 2 advance and 2 drops to the lower league. Then there is no such thing as international friendly.

FIFA would pocked most of the money sponsorships TV rights etc. The main thing is that smaller countries or unpopular ones like us would get a chance to play with decent teams like our Volleyball and futsal to a degree..
    I prefer a tournament over a league, much more exciting. Basically just the world cup format with 32 countries but instead of waiting 4 long years it would be 2 years. In that case they should abolish the European/African/Asian etc cups. For me it would be awesome if that actually happened but i doubt it will.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,178 Times in 1,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by persiangodfather View Post
    if its every 2 years than what is the point of euro cup asian cup ETC
    Friendly reminder: then instead of than
    MANY Gringos make this mistake.
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,481 Posts
    There is a clear rift about big teams/confederation (europe and south America) being against and smaller ones (africa, asia, north/central America) being in favor.
    It is logical and as my NT is asian I side for a wc every 2 years

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Members who have read this thread : 123

You do not have permission to view the list of names.