Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Exactly, euro, asian cup etc.. Will be every 3 years too
    As far as the timetable that would work but with all of the competitions that we currently have 3 years isn't enough time. You also have to consider the youth World cups, the Women's World Cup, the indoor World Cup, the Olympics etc.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      As far as the timetable that would work but with all of the competitions that we currently have 3 years isn't enough time. You also have to consider the youth World cups, the Women's World Cup, the indoor World Cup, the Olympics etc.
      Youth and women world cup are nowhere as important as the WC, and could be independent.

The main problem is the Olympics, meaning some years we could have the wc in June/July and the Olympics in August. But that's already the case with Euro and could be the same with wc every 2 years.
      Football in Olympics is a joke these days. So either remove football from Olympics or send young teams there

Comment

Youth and women world cup are nowhere as important as the WC, and could be independent.

The main problem is the Olympics, meaning some years we could have the wc in June/July and the Olympics in August. But that's already the case with Euro and could be the same with wc every 2 years.
        Football in Olympics is a joke these days. So either remove football from Olympics or send young teams there
        It's too much soccer to fit into 3 years. It will never work.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

It's too much soccer to fit into 3 years. It will never work.
          In my proposal, nation league is crossed off, several copa America or africacup between 2 world cup are reduced to only one edition between 2 world cup.
          Euro, africacup qualification is merged with wcq. Also I propose preliminary round for weaker teams to reduced the number of teams playing the wcq main round

Comment

In my proposal, nation league is crossed off, several copa America or africacup between 2 world cup are reduced to only one edition between 2 world cup.
            Euro, africacup qualification is merged with wcq. Also I propose preliminary round for weaker teams to reduced the number of teams playing the wcq main round
            I agree that Nations League is stupid and has to go but even without it there is too much to fit in 3 years. Just look at how long a qualifying campaign is. It will definitely interfere with other tournaments in a 3 year window.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              You’re spot on, but isn’t that the whole point? We’d play better teams and improve. Even if we were playing 2nd and 3rd tier European nations or South American nations it would be better than playing the football destroying teams of Asia.
              So we'd be ok to almost NEVER face the lkes of argentina, holland, brazil, germany , Italy, ... ?
              still a very interesting format I have to admit.

let me text Arsen & let him know of yet another viable alternative.

Comment

I agree that Nations League is stupid and has to go but even without it there is too much to fit in 3 years. Just look at how long a qualifying campaign is. It will definitely interfere with other tournaments in a 3 year window.
                The qualifying campaign has to be shorter :
                Asia : WCQ and asian cup are already merged. The best Asian teams shouldn't play the preliminary round (the round we played hong kong, Cambodia etc..)=> shorter campaign
                Europe : euro qualifiers and wcq should be merged like asia. The small teams (san marino, gibraltar, andorra, etc..) plays a preliminary round to decide which ones will play the main wcq round => shorter campaign
                Africa : same than Europe.

Comment

First every two years with all the competitions going on will not be possible for clubs to release their players, plus WC will not have the same quality as it was before(already the quality is not like before with 32 teams),

Comment

The qualifying campaign has to be shorter :
                    Asia : WCQ and asian cup are already merged. The best Asian teams shouldn't play the preliminary round (the round we played hong kong, Cambodia etc..)=> shorter campaign
                    Europe : euro qualifiers and wcq should be merged like asia. The small teams (san marino, gibraltar, andorra, etc..) plays a preliminary round to decide which ones will play the main wcq round => shorter campaign
                    Africa : same than Europe.
                    Even if the big teams aren't playing a preliminary round the small teams are. And until they are done the next round can't begin. It will be less games for the big teams but the qualification timeframe will be the same.

Comment

Even if the big teams aren't playing a preliminary round the small teams are. And until they are done the next round can't begin. It will be less games for the big teams but the qualification timeframe will be the same.
                      The small teams generally don't feature at euro or world cup. The preliminary round could take place during or just before/after this big competition.

Comment

The small teams generally don't feature at euro or world cup. The preliminary round could take place during or just before/after this big competition.
                        It could but it still makes for a very compressed schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                          Don’t forget starting 2026 World Cup is groups of 3, so for example if Iran finishes last in group play they only play 2 games total. 3-4 years of qualification effort just to see 2 measly games is not worth it. I hope for World Cup every 3 years and
                          Asian cup every 2. Shorten the needlessly lengthy qualification round
                          this is bcoz some ass hole decided to make it a 48 team tourny.
                          has nothing to do with 4 yr period

Comment

I'd personally prefer every 2 year but that the Asian Cup. Africa Cup, Euro Cup etc be abolished. I much rather prefer TM competes with countries from Africa, Europe, South America etc in tournaments than with Asian countries. We would still compete with Asian countries in order to qualify ofcourse. It would be much better for Iranian football, take us to a higher level. Everybody knows that competing with better opponents improves your level.

Comment

I even forgot that the world cup group will only be 2 games!

Best solution imo :
                              - wc every 3 years. 32 teams like the current format
                              - euro, asian cup etc.. : the year before world cup (I would like to cancel them and replace them by a world league)
                              - the year before euro, asian cup etc.. : each zone will play the wcq qualifiers (that would also be euro, asian cup etc.. Qualifiers). For qualifiers, weakers teams play preliminary round or play off, to reduce the number of qualifiers games.
                              - cancel nation league and replace it by friendlies. In order the world to progress and as Euro teams get the most wc qualified teams, why not force the best euro teams (based on ranking and world cup results) to play at least X teams from asia/oceania, X teams from africa, X teams from central America from their total number of fifa date available for friendlies during 2 WC. In order to avoid having everybody to play japan/sk, quota could be put in place. Also outside quotas, avoir the same team to play the same friendlies too often (france Germany happens every 6 months at a time)

I can work with this.

32 teams is the absolute best. anything lower or higher is rubbish.
                              WC - every 3 years (is not as bad as 2 yrs. and it might leave enough hope for those who miss it)
                              Continental cups remain. But also serve as WCQ's. (2 birds wt 1 stone) ( and yes, I still value winning the asia cup. Definitely)

Then we use Nokhodi's ranking/tier system for friendlies and cross continental games for teams to rise in tiers.

"hello .... Bonjour Arsen. are you reading this stuff or not?"

Comment

I prefer we keep every 4 years for the World Cup (same format), keep the continental tournaments, cancel regional, and expand the Nations League to the whole world. This will still be difficult to fit in a schedule but if Europe can fit Nations League in their calendar so can the other continents. This will give weaker teams a chance to compete on a world stage against better opposition and remove the need for friendlies as well. Removing friendlies from the calendar can also help fit the expanded nation's league and maybe the World Cup qualifiers can be reduced as well by granting automatic qualification to World Cup based on Nations League results making it more important at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X