World Cups - Every 2 years or 4 years? - Page 5

View Poll Results: World Cup - every 4 yrs or 2 yrs

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every FOUR years

    58 74.36%
  • Every TWO years

    16 20.51%
  • I'm a moron and need a Vali Faghih to decide for me

    4 5.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: World Cups - Every 2 years or 4 years?

  1. #41
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    1,504
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 1,032 Posts
    Rep Power
    426835
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    You are mistaken.
    I've researched about this few years ago! The competition is significantly higher than 40-50 years ago! Specially in african and asian countries.

  2. #42
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    PSGman#19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,867
    Thanks
    758
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,481 Posts
    Rep Power
    6074879
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
    Don’t forget starting 2026 World Cup is groups of 3, so for example if Iran finishes last in group play they only play 2 games total. 3-4 years of qualification effort just to see 2 measly games is not worth it. I hope for World Cup every 3 years and
    Asian cup every 2. Shorten the needlessly lengthy qualification round
    I even forgot that the world cup group will only be 2 games!

    Best solution imo :
    - wc every 3 years. 32 teams like the current format
    - euro, asian cup etc.. : the year before world cup (I would like to cancel them and replace them by a world league)
    - the year before euro, asian cup etc.. : each zone will play the wcq qualifiers (that would also be euro, asian cup etc.. Qualifiers). For qualifiers, weakers teams play preliminary round or play off, to reduce the number of qualifiers games.
    - cancel nation league and replace it by friendlies. In order the world to progress and as Euro teams get the most wc qualified teams, why not force the best euro teams (based on ranking and world cup results) to play at least X teams from asia/oceania, X teams from africa, X teams from central America from their total number of fifa date available for friendlies during 2 WC. In order to avoid having everybody to play japan/sk, quota could be put in place. Also outside quotas, avoir the same team to play the same friendlies too often (france Germany happens every 6 months at a time)

  3. #43
    شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    KC McElroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Skidmore, MO
    Posts
    44,044
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 15,047 Times in 6,738 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949735
    Quote Originally Posted by milad_b View Post
    I've researched about this few years ago! The competition is significantly higher than 40-50 years ago! Specially in african and asian countries.
    It is not.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #44
    شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    KC McElroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Skidmore, MO
    Posts
    44,044
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 15,047 Times in 6,738 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949735
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    I even forgot that the world cup group will only be 2 games!

    Best solution imo :
    - wc every 3 years. 32 teams like the current format
    - euro, asian cup etc.. : the year before world cup (I would like to cancel them and replace them by a world league)
    - the year before euro, asian cup etc.. : each zone will play the wcq qualifiers (that would also be euro, asian cup etc.. Qualifiers). For qualifiers, weakers teams play preliminary round or play off, to reduce the number of qualifiers games.
    - cancel nation league and replace it by friendlies. In order the world to progress and as Euro teams get the most wc qualified teams, why not force the best euro teams (based on ranking and world cup results) to play at least X teams from asia/oceania, X teams from africa, X teams from central America from their total number of fifa date available for friendlies during 2 WC. In order to avoid having everybody to play japan/sk, quota could be put in place. Also outside quotas, avoir the same team to play the same friendlies too often (france Germany happens every 6 months at a time)
    If you make it a 3 year cycle then you have to make all competitions a 3 year cycle otherwise they will overlap in some years.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #45
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    PSGman#19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,867
    Thanks
    758
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,481 Posts
    Rep Power
    6074879
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    If you make it a 3 year cycle then you have to make all competitions a 3 year cycle otherwise they will overlap in some years.
    Exactly, euro, asian cup etc.. Will be every 3 years too

  6. #46
    شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    KC McElroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Skidmore, MO
    Posts
    44,044
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 15,047 Times in 6,738 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949735
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Exactly, euro, asian cup etc.. Will be every 3 years too
    As far as the timetable that would work but with all of the competitions that we currently have 3 years isn't enough time. You also have to consider the youth World cups, the Women's World Cup, the indoor World Cup, the Olympics etc.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #47
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    PSGman#19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,867
    Thanks
    758
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,481 Posts
    Rep Power
    6074879
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    As far as the timetable that would work but with all of the competitions that we currently have 3 years isn't enough time. You also have to consider the youth World cups, the Women's World Cup, the indoor World Cup, the Olympics etc.
    Youth and women world cup are nowhere as important as the WC, and could be independent.

    The main problem is the Olympics, meaning some years we could have the wc in June/July and the Olympics in August. But that's already the case with Euro and could be the same with wc every 2 years.
    Football in Olympics is a joke these days. So either remove football from Olympics or send young teams there

  8. #48
    شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    KC McElroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Skidmore, MO
    Posts
    44,044
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 15,047 Times in 6,738 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949735
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Youth and women world cup are nowhere as important as the WC, and could be independent.

    The main problem is the Olympics, meaning some years we could have the wc in June/July and the Olympics in August. But that's already the case with Euro and could be the same with wc every 2 years.
    Football in Olympics is a joke these days. So either remove football from Olympics or send young teams there
    It's too much soccer to fit into 3 years. It will never work.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  9. #49
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    PSGman#19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,867
    Thanks
    758
    Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,481 Posts
    Rep Power
    6074879
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    It's too much soccer to fit into 3 years. It will never work.
    In my proposal, nation league is crossed off, several copa America or africacup between 2 world cup are reduced to only one edition between 2 world cup.
    Euro, africacup qualification is merged with wcq. Also I propose preliminary round for weaker teams to reduced the number of teams playing the wcq main round

  10. #50
    شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    KC McElroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Skidmore, MO
    Posts
    44,044
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 15,047 Times in 6,738 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949735
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    In my proposal, nation league is crossed off, several copa America or africacup between 2 world cup are reduced to only one edition between 2 world cup.
    Euro, africacup qualification is merged with wcq. Also I propose preliminary round for weaker teams to reduced the number of teams playing the wcq main round
    I agree that Nations League is stupid and has to go but even without it there is too much to fit in 3 years. Just look at how long a qualifying campaign is. It will definitely interfere with other tournaments in a 3 year window.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 123

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 102.02 Kb. compressed to 91.84 Kb. by saving 10.18 Kb. (9.98%)]