Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every FOUR years

58 74.36%
  • Every TWO years

16 20.51%
  • I'm a moron and need a Vali Faghih to decide for me

4 5.13%

Thread: World Cups - Every 2 years or 4 years?

Threaded View

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,430 Times in 3,890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    I'd personally prefer every 2 year but that the Asian Cup. Africa Cup, Euro Cup etc be abolished. I much rather prefer TM competes with countries from Africa, Europe, South America etc in tournaments than with Asian countries. We would still compete with Asian countries in order to qualify ofcourse. It would be much better for Iranian football, take us to a higher level. Everybody knows that competing with better opponents improves your level.

I dont understand why some of you dis Asia cup. especially when you all say we scrap asia cup for the WC ... where we usually play 3 games and go home!!!
    Being the continental champion is a big deal.
    aside from rise in ranking, it's the TITLE that carries a lot of prestige too.
    being the 4 time or 5 time champion IS a big deal.

at least for ME, the title weighs heavily since we have struggled to advance from WC group stage or even if we do, it'd be maximum Pre-quarters.
    I can understand teams like Italy, brazil, germany .... focus on the WC as they vie for the title. And they might take it slightly easy for their continental cups.

But teams like us who (lets be honest) have NO HOPE of reaching decent levels like Semifinalists in the WC, can look for titles and trophies in their own continents at least

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread : 123

You do not have permission to view the list of names.