• Every FOUR years

59 73.75%
  • Every TWO years

17 21.25%
  • I'm a moron and need a Vali Faghih to decide for me

4 5.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cups - Every 2 years or 4 years?

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,727 Times in 3,998 Posts

World Cups - Every 2 years or 4 years?

World Cups - Every 4 years or every 2 years?

Go.

=============

We know Wenger and a few (Infantino also) have suggested a WC every 2 years format.
    (idiot Hajsafi also agreed! God only knows why)

Is it good for football or for us or for aliens watching us from space?

Go.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Not trying to influence anyone (f%$k yeah, I AM) but I am ALL for the four year deal.
    remember we have asia cups too.

And lets not forget how this will rob the precious novelty of the WC even further (increasing the numbers has already done it).
    There is immense satisfaction for a nation to have qualified for the WC. the prestige, the bragging rights, the glory.
    why?
    BECAUSE it is a hard-fought, rare achievement.

(Imagine if gold became so cheap that you could buy it with the price of a loaf of bread. what would its possession value be then?)

==============

but besides the obvious, the danger of this is running players to the bone and overkill of football to the point that it WILL backfire on fans, players, clubs, nations, and football.

remember there are:
    1- domestic league games
    2- domestic cup games
    3- Continental club championship games
    4- Continental national games qualifiers
    5- Continental national games
    6- Olympics qualifiers
    7- Olympics games (for those who qualify)
    AND
    8-WCQ's
    .... ALL THAT, SHOVED INTO A ONE AND HALF YEAR PERIOD (even if you leave out the olympics out every other edition) !!!!

This is bordering on criminal torture and slavery

Then we have totally idiotic morons like the brits who add another set of cup games to it all.
    And Europe not wanting to fall behind on the "moron-o-meter" have started this imbecilic "Euro nations whatever the f&%k" tournament too!
    And the "Euro super-league" deal hasnt completely died yet!!!!

=============================================

On the other hand, you are almost ENSURED of playing the WC every two years and probably even advance from the group phase with a host of even SHITTIER teams allowed in every time.
    yippeee!!

(There. Both sides thoroughly explained in depth & precision. Nobody can accuse me of being biased )

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,417 Times in 1,824 Posts
    if its every 2 years than what is the point of euro cup asian cup ETC
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persiangodfather For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,501 Times in 7,271 Posts
    every 2 years seems way too excessive ? and likely to create massive club football scheduling chaos and similarly with continental comps and definitely take away the buzz and popularity from them..!
    every 4 years seems about right..? or perhaps bit too long..?

how about every 3 years ..? sounds about right amount of waiting till the next..? especially now that they already fooked over it's traditional structure by adding an assloads more teams to the tournament ..!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,287 Times in 3,496 Posts
    The ideal would have been a WC every 3 years. But for Iran, 2 years is good too.

To answer your statement :

- CL is every year and it has still prestige.

- we should and are currently qualifying for every wc since 2014. Even since 1998 we only missed two wc. The joy of qualification doesn't exist for wc regular.

- I can understand an European that gives importance to eurocup but asian cup, come on. We already play crappy Asian side in friendlies and wcq. Even with asian cup+wcq+asian cup we never played other top asian teams like Australia and KSA.

- everybody is critical with a wc every two years but the mail problem is useless games like nation league, euro with 24 teams, wc with 48 teams, qualifiers for both euro and wcq, copa America every year

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    ^^^ well, each continent needs to have its own tournmnt as well.

what they may try to do is dissolve WCQ's and continental cup games into one. (I'm not sure of their plan. But anything outside of this is ridiculous madness) so the top 5/6 ... or now, probably the top 17 (f&$k you very much Infantino) Asian teams in ASIA CUP directly qualify for the WC.
    That way they may offload a whole lot of games off the calendar.

I havent seen Wenger's proposal yet.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by persiangodfather View Post
    The world cup is already an euro with the addition of exotic teams. I find continental competition useless, who cares who is champion of Europe, asia etc.., why not decide who is champion of west Europe, east Europe then.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    As a team melli fan we want our team to play the best. We are all unsatisfied to have :

- 0 friendlies, specially against good teams. When we have, bosnia field a B team.
    - only asian games with low level and 0 coverage
    - as a result, TM prestige is low as 4 years (even 8 years) completely delete all the good things we showed at the previous world cup.
    - as a consequence, our prestige is low, international media, fans and football worlds mocks us at each WC. Our players are underrated and don't get the transfer they deserve

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,047 Times in 6,738 Posts
    Four years and 16-24 teams is what's good for soccer. Two years and 48 teams is good for the woke crowd.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by persiangodfather View Post
    There are no continents in a one world government situation. The additional world cup tournaments will be necessary to replace the regional tournaments. This is all just propaganda for the future, when UN agenda 2030/2025 is completed.
    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khabalood For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 124

You do not have permission to view the list of names.