World Cups - Every 2 years or 4 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cups - Every 2 years or 4 years?

World Cups - Every 4 years or every 2 years?

Go.

=============

We know Wenger and a few (Infantino also) have suggested a WC every 2 years format.
    (idiot Hajsafi also agreed! God only knows why)

Is it good for football or for us or for aliens watching us from space?

Go.
    Every FOUR years
    0%
    Every TWO years
    0%
    I'm a moron and need a Vali Faghih to decide for me
    0%

The poll is expired.

Not trying to influence anyone (f%$k yeah, I AM) but I am ALL for the four year deal.
    remember we have asia cups too.

And lets not forget how this will rob the precious novelty of the WC even further (increasing the numbers has already done it).
    There is immense satisfaction for a nation to have qualified for the WC. the prestige, the bragging rights, the glory.
    why?
    BECAUSE it is a hard-fought, rare achievement.

(Imagine if gold became so cheap that you could buy it with the price of a loaf of bread. what would its possession value be then?)

==============

but besides the obvious, the danger of this is running players to the bone and overkill of football to the point that it WILL backfire on fans, players, clubs, nations, and football.

remember there are:
    1- domestic league games
    2- domestic cup games
    3- Continental club championship games
    4- Continental national games qualifiers
    5- Continental national games
    6- Olympics qualifiers
    7- Olympics games (for those who qualify)
    AND
    8-WCQ's
    .... ALL THAT, SHOVED INTO A ONE AND HALF YEAR PERIOD (even if you leave out the olympics out every other edition) !!!!

This is bordering on criminal torture and slavery

Then we have totally idiotic morons like the brits who add another set of cup games to it all.
    And Europe not wanting to fall behind on the "moron-o-meter" have started this imbecilic "Euro nations whatever the f&%k" tournament too!
    And the "Euro super-league" deal hasnt completely died yet!!!!

=============================================

On the other hand, you are almost ENSURED of playing the WC every two years and probably even advance from the group phase with a host of even SHITTIER teams allowed in every time.
    yippeee!!

(There. Both sides thoroughly explained in depth & precision. Nobody can accuse me of being biased )

Comment

if its every 2 years than what is the point of euro cup asian cup ETC
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

every 2 years seems way too excessive ? and likely to create massive club football scheduling chaos and similarly with continental comps and definitely take away the buzz and popularity from them..!
        every 4 years seems about right..? or perhaps bit too long..?

how about every 3 years ..? sounds about right amount of waiting till the next..? especially now that they already fooked over it's traditional structure by adding an assloads more teams to the tournament ..!!

Comment

The ideal would have been a WC every 3 years. But for Iran, 2 years is good too.

To answer your statement :

- CL is every year and it has still prestige.

- we should and are currently qualifying for every wc since 2014. Even since 1998 we only missed two wc. The joy of qualification doesn't exist for wc regular.

- I can understand an European that gives importance to eurocup but asian cup, come on. We already play crappy Asian side in friendlies and wcq. Even with asian cup+wcq+asian cup we never played other top asian teams like Australia and KSA.

- everybody is critical with a wc every two years but the mail problem is useless games like nation league, euro with 24 teams, wc with 48 teams, qualifiers for both euro and wcq, copa America every year

Comment

^^^ well, each continent needs to have its own tournmnt as well.

what they may try to do is dissolve WCQ's and continental cup games into one. (I'm not sure of their plan. But anything outside of this is ridiculous madness) so the top 5/6 ... or now, probably the top 17 (f&$k you very much Infantino) Asian teams in ASIA CUP directly qualify for the WC.
            That way they may offload a whole lot of games off the calendar.

I havent seen Wenger's proposal yet.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
              The world cup is already an euro with the addition of exotic teams. I find continental competition useless, who cares who is champion of Europe, asia etc.., why not decide who is champion of west Europe, east Europe then.

Comment

As a team melli fan we want our team to play the best. We are all unsatisfied to have :

- 0 friendlies, specially against good teams. When we have, bosnia field a B team.
                - only asian games with low level and 0 coverage
                - as a result, TM prestige is low as 4 years (even 8 years) completely delete all the good things we showed at the previous world cup.
                - as a consequence, our prestige is low, international media, fans and football worlds mocks us at each WC. Our players are underrated and don't get the transfer they deserve

Comment

Four years and 16-24 teams is what's good for soccer. Two years and 48 teams is good for the woke crowd.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                    There are no continents in a one world government situation. The additional world cup tournaments will be necessary to replace the regional tournaments. This is all just propaganda for the future, when UN agenda 2030/2025 is completed.
                    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

Easy answer….4

The 4 years and 32 team model makes it the prestigious tournament that it is. The footballing world needs to do everything they can to keep it that way otherwise, it looses its prestige and honor it has for the teams that qualify.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        Easy answer….4

The 4 years and 32 team model makes it the prestigious tournament that it is. The footballing world needs to do everything they can to keep it that way otherwise, it looses its prestige and honor it has for the teams that qualify.
                        What is more important between the prestige of the cup (CL is played every year and doesn't lack prestige+ Olympic football is played every 4 years and has 0 prestige) and TM development?

Iran Football works in quasi total autarcia, relying only on domestic and weak Asian to develop. People here expect us to beat SK 4/0 and play like spain but how it's possible when you spend 4 years to play syria, iraq have no access to friendlies and high profile coach? During these 4 years, we lose our time with iraq, we don't progress much and we go mad when we can't beat japan/SK (the only decent games we have)

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                          Four years and 16-24 teams is what's good for soccer. Two years and 48 teams is good for the woke crowd.
                          1- 16??? That's overkill again. It's like falling off the other side of the table.
                          even 24.
                          I think the present 32 is a sweet spot that gives enough chance to those worthy (it's for them to fail to qualify), while keeping majority of teams that only bring down the quality of the games, out ... and saving them great embarrassment in the process.

=================

and on a NON-FOOTBALL related matter:
                          2- F#&k the "woke" crowd.
                          One of the most despicable, disgusting new phenomena in today's world.
                          pretentious, braindead, irrational f*%kheads that they are. Plagues of societies.

Comment

every 4 years, those morons are gonna ruin football as we know it.. its enough with the 3 games per group its bad enough.. i like the exitement it brings with being 4 years to next wc.. its exclusive.. they are going to turn it to ice hockey world cup if they continue... its only missing the ridiculous point system of the handball world cup now, where points follow the teams in to the next groupstage..
                            just let it be.. i start to miss the old corupt dogs such as Blatter now when these bastardos are changing everything
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              What is more important between the prestige of the cup (CL is played every year and doesn't lack prestige+ Olympic football is played every 4 years and has 0 prestige) and TM development?

Iran Football works in quasi total autarcia, relying only on domestic and weak Asian to develop. People here expect us to beat SK 4/0 and play like spain but how it's possible when you spend 4 years to play syria, iraq have no access to friendlies and high profile coach? During these 4 years, we lose our time with iraq, we don't progress much and we go mad when we can't beat japan/SK (the only decent games we have)
                              bro, this can EASILY be achieved.
                              by having a country that respects international norms, respects its neighbors & their rights, and stops making enemies of everyone.... on DAILY basis!!!

once that's done, the rest fall into place.
                              We'd have the entire world open to us.

Comment

Working...
                              X