Iran vs South Korea post match discussion and player ratings - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran vs South Korea post match discussion and player ratings

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,798 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahsaa View Post
    Montazeri ? lol is he even alive ?
    He's hanging out with Seyed Jalal

Joking aside, I know age plays a big factor, but at minimum we need the 1 defender that is the backbone for our defensive line. Hopefully PAG can regain that once he is back.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahestan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 486 Posts
    Montazeri ? lol is he even alive ?
    Lol! The guy is playing with his grandchildren right now.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PEJ For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,291 Times in 1,401 Posts
    Next match, I would love to see Ghoddos, Majid Hosseini, Milad Mohammadi get a start.

Time to shake things up a bit and stop playing the exact same lineup.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naderb94 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 486 Posts
    I missed Koreas goal while driving but what does Beiro do 10 meters in front of his goal ??
    I mean what was he supposed to do? Sadegh was burned pretty bad, and Son had a clear path to goal. As a goalie you can’t just sit back, you have to come out and challenge the ball. Son did a great job of not holding the ball too long and hit a pro level placement shot.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PEJ For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,504 Times in 3,360 Posts
    You guys have to chill. The CQ vs Skocic thing is overblown its the same players with CQs team being defensively more sound but with Skocics team taking more risks. Move on from it.

10 points. We could have won but let's get qualified and then worry about the World cup. 6 points against Lebanon and Syria and we are pretty much there

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Supporter

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 Times in 2,184 Posts
    What a joy it is it watch Saeed play. It is like watching poetry!

Beiranvand 8
    Kanani 5.5
    Shoja 5.5
    Moharrami 4
    Noorafkan 5
    Amiri 6
    Nourollahi 6
    Ezatollahi 8.5
    Jahanbakhsh 7.5
    Gholizadeh 4
    Taremi 6.5
    Azmoun 7

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _Navid_ For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 931 Posts
    Just a word on the ref: I thought he had a decent game.

Nice favour with 10 seconds to go and Koreans having a final corner kick he below his whistle. Haha, Koreans were furious!

Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Realist For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,647 Posts
    I have been supporting skocic from the beginning even when he was criticised by so many people! I said from beginning he should get 10-13 games, then we should judge him. Today was his 11th game and I'm totally disappointed! Maybe Time to start thinking about a proper world class coach! How did Taaj let Herve Renard go is a BIG question for me! He should be put in jail for that!

Lack of play making with all this world class players! Benching Ghoddos and playing Ahmad noor ! Vahid amiri as LB ??? I thought i would never say this but since Noorafkan is suspended I'm happy with hajsafi to play as LB! Allowing koreans to attack without compressing them??? The sad thing is that this korean team is probably the weakest korean side i've seen in past 10 years or so (barely managed to beat syria and lebanon and draw against iraq (weakest iraq))!

Saeed Ezza Man of the match !

The rest of the team either average or under average!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milad_b For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,414 Times in 1,790 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naderb94 View Post
    Next match, I would love to see Ghoddos, Majid Hosseini, Milad Mohammadi get a start.

Time to shake things up a bit and stop playing the exact same lineup.
    Id like to se Hardani get a chance angain, and Ghoddos and Ghaedi

Supporting Team Melli

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keshwardoost For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,654 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Again, for me is not so much of individual player rating but how the team plays together and executes the game plan. Here is my 2 cents;

1. Consistency, Consistency, Consistency! ... We are not able to sustain game plan for more than 5 min at a time. We are great for a little bit then we become horrible! .. and I mean HORRIBLE where the whole team goes into this dazed and confused mental state. We lose the ball easily, make bad passes, often commit unnecessary fouls and become very vulnerable! I don't know what our coaching staff think about those moments or even if they recognize this phenomena at all.

2. The more I watch Iran games under current coaching staff, the more I realize the team plays more or less the same against all teams. I have not been able to see/sense a profoundly different game strategy for a specific game. Other teams will eventually see this and devise countering strategies, as we saw during UAE game.

3. Wings Wings Wings!! our weakest links continue to be our wings. From the back to the front! We have lack of solid players and skills there. We are not able to deliver healthy balls and create opportunity for our strikers. Sardar is a type of forward who needs to be fed healthy balls.

4. As for players today, I think our defense was the better part of our team. Both Kanani and Shoja did well. Our midfield was sitting back too much and were playing width most of the time. We saw what happened when Ezat ventured forward. We almost scored! Ahmad is a great player but for some reason, it is hard to spot him on the field. Our strikers were dangerous. Taremi was everywhere today. We are so lucky to have him. Sardar was little bit better than previous game, but again, he is not like Taremi. He needs service which the team did not do for him to score. His assist was superb! JB continues to score but overall he is also a weak link.

With that said, I think today's result was better for Korea. They managed to get a point in Tehran which puts them in a better position in the return game.

I hope we win the game with Lebanon and sit comfortably on top of the table with a comfortable 13 points.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kavian For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 250

You do not have permission to view the list of names.