hssein majidi
    kanani center defenders
    heck dint matter
    since 6 pointsagaunst
    lebnon and syria
    my grand mother can play
    rb and we should win

Comment

With so many legionnaires making up TM nowadays, despite most of these players having played together for a while, we keep seeing confusion in our lines of communication, lots of miss-passes and loss of balls. These issues will continue come the game against Lebanon and Syria in November and then beyond. Fortunately given the calibre of these teams bar SK, we are expected to cope and triumph.

It will be a different story when we eventually qualify and with the end May 2022 being the likely date for international domestic leagues to end, followed by a summer vacation and then start of the leagues in August followed by November being the start of Qatar 2022, TM must now and not then start organising some serious camps and European/South American and African friendlies for say July and early November. Easier said than done but a MUST.

Player fatigue will definitely surface given the heavy toll above and Dragan must use the entire squad for games. We more and less keep seeing the same players making up the first 11. Hell, we are not even using our subs!
      sigpic
      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
        He has barely played this season with Brentford (86 minutes total), a
        But how many minutes did hajsafi play this season? He was injured too. How how many minutes has sarlak played or even trained this season (0minutes)? Skocic in his interview said that IPL players are not fit to play but then he goes on and plays them! Something doesn't make sense.

I feel like skocic doesn't know how to use players that are physically weaker for their posts. That includes ghaedi too. Saman is not a deffensive MD , ahmad noor is a DF MD and physically stronger. I think we all can agree that skocic loves ahmad and its all down to either use Ezza or saman!

Comment

A lot of overreactions, but I think 1-1 is a good result. Korean media was making it a big deal about how their team has not been able to score or get a result in Tehran, and I think that gave their team extra motivation. However, I was convinced Taremi’s shot was heading into the goal, so unlucky to hit the lost.

I think that with the pressure of this match from both national media’s and fans, both coaches were determined not to lose. Both coaches see beating UAE/Iraq/Lebanon as the key to qualification.

Comment

There are a decent number of objective and quality posts this time. Reading this forum is definitely not a waste of time and in many cases educational. Regarding Sko, I think he has done a great job bringing us to this point and overall TM had a good performance especially in the second half plus the fact that a few centimeters in the right direction and we would have had a 3-1 win. I also agree that Sko showed certain limitations in risk taking today that could hurt in the long run when it comes to utilizing all of our talent at the World Cup. As others have said, he was conservative today by not utilizing Saman, Torabi, Ansarifard and Ghayedi (earlier). His cautiousness makes sense now, the question is whether he is capable of going to the next level and taking the risks to win and in the process create a cohesive team that could go further than the group stage in WC. Considering the fact that none of us predicted this kind of performance from him when he took the reins of TM, I would say he has it in him to become a world class coach. He needs to show in action that he is capable of creating a multidimensional team that has a variety of tactical offerings and could be unpredictable on the world stage.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              I won’t provide ratings but provide some general comments.

We tied our closest competitor and are first in our group. That in itself is a huge positive. Let’s be grateful considering how easy these things can go off track.

Best players today were Ezatollahi (by far) and then Amiri.
              Physically they destroyed the Koreans, made excellent tackles and didn’t waste the ball often.
              Ezatollahi is a classic player and really reminds me of Bagheri. There is a reason CQ constantly invited him to TM even when he was barely playing for months in his clubs.

Moharrami was really bad. Way too inconsistent. How can someone be so good and then bad in the next game ?
              The central defenders were also quite bad. JB had a really bad first half too.

Some of you are asking why Ghodoos wasn’t bought in?
              It’s quite simple - Ghodoos is superior offensively compared to all our midfielders, but he does not have the defensive capabilities that Nourollahi has.
              With Nourollahi we basically play 2 DMs even though it doesn’t look like it. Nourollahi though is not a good player offensively so you all get pissed.
              Once Korea scored, TM really picked it up and was attacking constantly without giving much shape defensively.
              At that stage Skocic isn’t going to weaken the defensive capabilities of the team, when he believes the offense is going to get it done; he was right too - we should have 3 goals in the 2nd half at least.

For those complaining this is a weak group - you can only play who is in front of you. These games are ridiculously hard mentally. We have seen TM f up before in easy groups. One game at a time, that’s all you can do.

For those who saw our defense be challenged - what did you think was going to happen? We played a relatively open and attacking game - of course a team like South Korea will counter and challenge. They,re damn good at that, show some respect.

For those who keep crying for Ghaedi - he’s not the player you think he is. 15 years ago we had annoying fans constantly asking for Kazemian, Mobali, Borhani, and Enayati… and they all messed up… Ghaedi isn’t much better - that’s right, I said it.
              I even think that nourollahi and Ghaedi won’t be in TM within 6 months - UAE is going to destroy their football like it has countless others.

For those who want flawless football - it doesn’t exist. Go back to PlayStation.

Now we need to prep for the next 2 games. Those games will be dirty and intense.
              Also a very good opportunity for Ghodoos to start.

TLDR; calm yourselves, you’re running around like headless chicken.
              I agree with every point you made and I'd like to address another concern that has been brought up over and over today by many which is the very late substitutions. I was surprised myself by lack of substitutions until I watched the game a second time. Then it dawned on me. Iran was dominating and I mean dominating most of the second half and particularly from 67th minute to 82nd minute. We hit the post, scored a goal and hit the post again during this 15 minutes. Why change the chemistry when it is working... It really felt like this group of players could go on and get the second goal. From 82nd to 87th minute, SK started to get some kind of control over the game and that is when Skocic decided to go for subs which were only able to enter the field in the 89th minute.

Comment

Ezzatollahi has been one of the best players for last three games. He is the Boss.

Comment

Looking at all the games we had vs. Korea since 2004 (I started seriously following TM after AC 2004), I can only think of ONE game in which we really dominated them and that was in October 2016 in Azadi (link below). The rest of the games were all either balanced or dominated by them - let's be fully honest to ourselves. Yesterday's game was the 2nd best performance vs. Korea I can think of. It was balanced with a tendency to us having had the higher chances for a win (chances 5 vs. 4). We lead the group and basically don't have to worry too much about qualifying. Funny enough, people are still complaining. A couple of years ago, we were convinced that we lie 20 years behind Korea/Japan. Today, we are on the same level at least, and are still not happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMmjBmlNCmw

Comment

I see members screaming "why is Saman benched!?" after every game.
                    While i agree that he should be playing more, i'm afraid he won't as along as TM gets results with him warming the bench.

The only player he realistically can replace in the lineup is Nourollahi IMO.
                    If Nourollahi doesn't make a huge mistake, gets suspended or injured Saman won't start. Deal with it, i have.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Iranian football ecosystem gives too much importance to IPL and its current and former players. That's why Ghoddos, Zahedi, Allahyar are snubbed for sarlak, nour, torabi, Ghaedi.

Just watch Iranian newspapers front-page. Everthing is about PP/SS, IPL, former PP/SS in qatar oe uae (even foreigners like stramma, schafer). Azmoun, taremi and other euro legionnaires masterclass are always put in a small corner.

Iranian football ecosystem as a whole should understand that the key of iranian football is the European football (aka the center of the world football). Iranians themselves broadcast all the European football, people are following it and fans of euro clubs. In a Normal world we should focus on friendlies with euro teams (at least eastern ones) and having coachs from Europe.
                      With sanctions and political issues, I know it is nearly impossible, so the priority is to send players as much as possible in euro leagues. We should milk portuguese and Belgium interest to the max, stop rewarding and glorifying IPL forever players or qataris/uae legionnaires.
                      Neither our domestic coaches, nor qatar/uae will teach our players the fundamentals and high level.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_91 View Post
                        Looking at all the games we had vs. Korea since 2004 (I started seriously following TM after AC 2004), I can only think of ONE game in which we really dominated them and that was in October 2016 in Azadi (link below). The rest of the games were all either balanced or dominated by them - let's be fully honest to ourselves. Yesterday's game was the 2nd best performance vs. Korea I can think of. It was balanced with a tendency to us having had the higher chances for a win (chances 5 vs. 4). We lead the group and basically don't have to worry too much about qualifying. Funny enough, people are still complaining. A couple of years ago, we were convinced that we lie 20 years behind Korea/Japan. Today, we are on the same level at least, and are still not happy.

If you also count friendlies, than i would argue that our most recent back in 2019 against Korea in Seol was dominant performance too. We create tons of scoring chances.

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                          I see members screaming "why is Saman benched!?" after every game.
                          While i agree that he should be playing more, i'm afraid he won't as along as TM gets results with him warming the bench.
                          The only player he realistically can replace in the lineup is Nourollahi IMO.
                          If Nourollahi doesn't make a huge mistake, gets suspended or injured Saman won't start. Deal with it, i have.
                          Wrong. If Nourollahi gets suspended, Skocic will use Milad Sarlak. Remember when Sarlak started vs Syria and even had a below average performance? He got injured and got replaced by Saeid and Saeid showed us all how clueless Skocic is. I mean how can you prefer Milad Sarlak over Saeid??? And now Skocic does the same mistake and prefers Sarlak over Ghoddos. Does Sarlak have his nudes? Did Sarlak send the mafia on Skocic? What does Skocic see in him that we can't see?

So let's get this straight:

1) Skocic thought that Sarlak is a better player than Saeid until he got injured during the match vs Syria and saw how much superior Saeid is than him and from then on he accepted his mistake and prefered Saeid.
                          2) Now Skocic thinks that Sarlak is a better player than Saman even though Saman showed much better performances than him.
                          3) Skocic has no trusts in his subs even though it were the subs (like Saman) that saved his ass vs Iraq in the last round where we won 1-0. Until the change, Iraq was dominating us and when he brought in the subs Iraq was no match for us at all and we could even win 3-0, partly thanks to Saman who came in and ruled the midfield.
                          4) We struggled against Bahrain but because of the subs we started dominating them, also thanks to Saman.
                          So in conclusion, either Skocic has Alzheimer's disease or he has some personal issues with a few players. Or Sarlak definitely has his nudes. I can't think of any other reason.
                          And then some people wonder why we doubt him? Please stop comparing him to Wilmots because he was a fraud who shouldn't even coach. It's just frustrating when you know that you could have Herve Renard but instead you got a Belgian fraud that got replaced by an average IPL coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                            Wrong. If Nourollahi gets suspended, Skocic will use Milad Sarlak. Remember when Sarlak started vs Syria and even had a below average performance? He got injured and got replaced by Saeid and Saeid showed us all how clueless Skocic is. I mean how can you prefer Milad Sarlak over Saeid??? And now Skocic does the same mistake and prefers Sarlak over Ghoddos. Does Sarlak have his nudes? Did Sarlak send the mafia on Skocic? What does Skocic see in him that we can't see?
                            1) Skocic thought that Sarlak is a better player than Saeid until he got injured during the match vs Syria and saw how much superior Saeid is than him and from then on he accepted his mistake and prefered Saeid.
                            2) Now Skocic thinks that Sarlak is a better player than Saman even though Saman showed much better performances than him.
                            3) Skocic has no trusts in his subs even though it were the subs (like Saman) that saved his ass vs Iraq in the last round where we won 1-0. Until the change, Iraq was dominating us and when he brought in the subs Iraq was no match for us at all and we could even win 3-0, partly thanks to Saman who came in and ruled the midfield.
                            4) We struggled against Bahrain but because of the subs we started dominating them, also thanks to Saman.
                            So in conclusion, either Skocic has Alzheimer's disease or he has some personal issues with a few players. Or Sarlak definitely has his nudes. I can't think of any other reason.
                            And then some people wonder why we doubt him? Please stop comparing him to Wilmots because he was a fraud who shouldn't even coach. It's just frustrating when you know that you could have Herve Renard but instead you got a Belgian fraud that got replaced by an average IPL coach.
                            Dont want to defend Skocic choice of benching Ghoddos but I guess he seems that he sees Ghoddos as an attacking MF while Sarlak and nour are pure DM.

The sarlak/nour disaster come from the lack of quality DM besides Ezza. We badly need Salmani to take off and a TM coach that dare to give him playing time.also a big mistake to leave Ebrahimi out like that.

Ghoddos has more to do with our attacking organization strategy

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post

Hmm you're right, totally forgot about Sarlak. Then he's 3rd choice behind Nourollahi or Sarlak. Only in the case of us being behind in a match Skocic would play Saman instead of Sarlak.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_91 View Post

If we're only talking about qualifiers i agree with you. If we also include friendlies i would rank this performance 3rd. Thought we played better against them away in 2019 under Wilmots( lol).
                                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Working...
                                X