Please explain Skocic logic to me? - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 97

Thread: Please explain Skocic logic to me?

  1. #41
    Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Philosophy_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,938
    Thanks
    1,860
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 937 Posts
    Rep Power
    7024658
    Quote Originally Posted by Damavand View Post
    It was obvious from the start that Skocic was going after a tie game. He let the Koreans dictate the game which eventually led to the Son goal. After the equalizer the Koreans were in complete disarray, and instead of bringing fresh legs like Ghodus and Ghaedi to finish the job he did absolutely nothing and let the Koreans get back on their feet with some fresh legs of their own.
    He got us results against average Asian teams but today got fully exposed against an Asian powerhouse. To think we could have had Renard but did not thanks to the corrupt and incompetent Taj and his gang.
    We most likely will qualify to the WC but once there, there is virtually no chance we are advancing from group stage, something that we were on course of doing had they not gotten rid of CQ.
    Just keep in mind that Japan, S Korea, Australia, KSA and even N Korea have all advanced from the group stage at the WC and we are just idling.
    CQ achievements with TM are unmatched. But even with him we lacked a proper plan for our attacking and passing game. 'We mostly relied on long balls and the abilities of Taremi and Azmoun, even under CQ. I think Renard would be the perfect man to take over the Team CQ had built and implement some proper attacking football. Without that i don't see us progressing from the group-stage in WC.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Philosophy_King For This Useful Post:


  3. #42
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    pajamNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    TheHague Holland
    Age
    40
    Posts
    14,496
    Thanks
    8,706
    Thanked 3,184 Times in 1,331 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949741
    COuldn't watch the game yesterday, will try to watch a re live link today or tomorrow.

    We didn't lose the nr 1 spot, we didn't lose the game and from what i read (plus stats) we did pretty ok, especially 2nd half.

    Lets be a bit more patient, b/c at this point in time we cannot get a A grade coach (IFF has no budget)...
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to pajamNL For This Useful Post:


  5. #43
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    peiman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    941
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 619 Times in 314 Posts
    Rep Power
    2603584
    Quote Originally Posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    Domestic coaches that would work ok.

    iMayeli Kohan

    Golmohammadi - but its a huge step from few years coaching PP and then going to WC without experriencing eaven a qualifier as a cioach..

    Maybe bring back Jalal Talebi from retirement - he is 79 according to wiki, he has experiance as a wc coach and did ok in 98.

    So Mayeli Kohan orTalebi it is

    we cant have ghotbi, ghalenoi or majidi, daei isnt welcome in iff and it will be big chance of war in the lockerroom..
    firouz karimi isnt good enough either...

    dont know if he goes home with the IFF anymore though..
    so just as well might go with Skochie then, and hope we dont get a 8-0er result against us with that passive non pressing defence. hope he takes care of that part beforer we are all crying infront of the tv next winter..
    IMO we have 4 domestic candidates:

    Nekounam: Too soon for him. He did a good job with Nassaji and Foolad, but we need to see how he does with a big team first.

    Ghalenoei: Produces results everywhere he goes. Most succesful PGL coach. Resultminded coach, his teams very rarely plays beautiful football. He also has been tried as TM-coach once, but was not successful.
    You could argue it was too soon for him back then, he's more experienced now.

    Golmohammadi: Has proven his worth with many teams. Naft, Tractor, Padideh and now Perspolis. His teams play beautiful football and also produces results.
    The most logical choice. But does he have the right personality to deal with all the BS that comes with TM coach? Can he deal with the media? That is my only concern.

    Daei: Idolized by the players and well respected in the world. Was chosen as TM-coach way too soon. He's much more appreciated/respected by fans now than he was back then. He'd just retired and was chosen as TM coach. Many were still angry with his WC-performance and thought that he stood in the way of other talented strikers. Time would however show that even in his mid 30's he was still better than a lot of strikers that came after him. He's also matured a lot and handles the media better. His personality is also a lot better lol as i thought he could be arrogant at times back then! I believe he can make the players produce their best football.

    Golmohammadi is the most logical and perhaps best choice. While i think Daei is the most exiting.
    Cheers!
    Esteghlal

  6. #44
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    peiman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    941
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 619 Times in 314 Posts
    Rep Power
    2603584
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Domestic coach are not ready to take and support TM pressure. Also I fear they make favoritism with taking and sticking with their former domestic players in place of other that deserve more.

    If Skocic can upgrade the tactic and team cohesion&play (not sure he can, but also not sure his Iranian or foreign replacement can) and delete some dumb choice, it's ok.

    Everybody (including me) will always criticize his choice. But except two or three, they are not that much (I know ghoddos is the main).
    I agree with the favoritism, that would certainly be an issue unfortunately. Maybe Daei could be the answer as he hasn't been coaching a big team for a while and because of that there will be less favoritism?

    When will domestic coaches be ready in your opinion?
    If we don't give them chances they'll never be?
    Esteghlal

  7. #45
    PFDC Top Member
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Keshwardoost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,414
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked 1,316 Times in 649 Posts
    Rep Power
    22929767
    Quote Originally Posted by peiman92 View Post
    IMO we have 4 domestic candidates:
    Nekounam: Too soon for him. He did a good job with Nassaji and Foolad, but we need to see how he does with a big team first.
    Ghalenoei: Produces results everywhere he goes. Most succesful PGL coach. Resultminded coach, his teams very rarely plays beautiful football. He also has been tried as TM-coach once, but was not successful.
    You could argue it was too soon for him back then, he's more experienced now.
    Golmohammadi: Has proven his worth with many teams. Naft, Tractor, Padideh and now Perspolis. His teams play beautiful football and also produces results.
    The most logical choice. But does he have the right personality to deal with all the BS that comes with TM coach? Can he deal with the media? That is my only concern.
    Daei: Idolized by the players and well respected in the world. Was chosen as TM-coach way too soon. He's much more appreciated/respected by fans now than he was back then. He'd just retired and was chosen as TM coach. Many were still angry with his WC-performance and thought that he stood in the way of other talented strikers. Time would however show that even in his mid 30's he was still better than a lot of strikers that came after him. He's also matured a lot and handles the media better. His personality is also a lot better lol as i thought he could be arrogant at times back then! I believe he can make the players produce their best football.
    Golmohammadi is the most logical and perhaps best choice. While i think Daei is the most exiting.
    Cheers!
    My fabourite coach and the best NT coach that would fit us is Guus hiddink. he did wonderrs with korea and russia at 2 differrent world cups. and guess what, he is free (retired) and would probably jump of joy if he got another world cup under his belt, now with a strong Iran.
    just offer him some gold and cash money and i bet he would jump in, and give skoochie a good payoff cuz he deserves it.. .

    id take skooch over ipl coaches any day.. and id take him over ghalenoi and ghotbi dudes.. remember how pissed of nekounamn was after asia cup that he couldnt move half a meter outside the area he was supposed to play in..
    .....

    .....
    Supporting Team Melli

  8. #46
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    peiman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    941
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 619 Times in 314 Posts
    Rep Power
    2603584
    Quote Originally Posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    My fabourite coach and the best NT coach that would fit us is Guus hiddink. he did wonderrs with korea and russia at 2 differrent world cups. and guess what, he is free (retired) and would probably jump of joy if he got another world cup under his belt, now with a strong Iran.
    just offer him some gold and cash money and i bet he would jump in, and give skoochie a good payoff cuz he deserves it.. .

    id take skooch over ipl coaches any day.. and id take him over ghalenoi and ghotbi dudes.. remember how pissed of nekounamn was after asia cup that he couldnt move half a meter outside the area he was supposed to play in..
    Broke IFF can’t afford Hiddink.
    Esteghlal

  9. #47
    Senior Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 63 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    I don't think anyone will criticize CQ if he was the coach with the results achieved so far. Agree?

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbaizai For This Useful Post:


  11. #48
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    PSGman#19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,877
    Thanks
    760
    Thanked 8,271 Times in 3,489 Posts
    Rep Power
    6074880
    Honestly we shouldn't hope Skocic axing. We aren't in position to have better alternative.
    We should stick with him until WC and hope he will correct his mistake with Ghoddos.

    IFF should invest time to give Skocic the best preparation possible (camps, friendlies). No need to reset all with a new coach quest

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:


  13. #49
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    PSGman#19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,877
    Thanks
    760
    Thanked 8,271 Times in 3,489 Posts
    Rep Power
    6074880
    I wonder if Skocic doesn't try to compensate his lack of credential by benching or leaving out some stars like Ghoddos, Ebrahimi or ezza to show the rest of players he has balls to it with any players and that any players that doesn't perform could be taken out

  14. #50
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Doctor DOOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    18,590
    Thanks
    9,154
    Thanked 9,727 Times in 3,998 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949741
    Quote Originally Posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    I wonder if Skocic doesn't try to compensate his lack of credential by benching or leaving out some stars like Ghoddos, Ebrahimi or ezza to show the rest of players he has balls to it with any players and that any players that doesn't perform could be taken out
    No.
    I'm very sure it isnt the case.
    otherwise to make this point, there are bigger names he can do this to.

    besides I highly doubt Ebrahimi is in any state to be included.
    when he truly DESERVED to be part of TM, he was passed over. Today? I'm afraid he isnt.

    Ghoddos' time WILL come.
    perhaps in the next game.
    definitely after locking in the qualification.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:


+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 228

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 100.94 Kb. compressed to 90.83 Kb. by saving 10.12 Kb. (10.02%)]