Please explain Skocic logic to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    My fabourite coach and the best NT coach that would fit us is Guus hiddink. he did wonderrs with korea and russia at 2 differrent world cups. and guess what, he is free (retired) and would probably jump of joy if he got another world cup under his belt, now with a strong Iran.
    just offer him some gold and cash money and i bet he would jump in, and give skoochie a good payoff cuz he deserves it.. .

id take skooch over ipl coaches any day.. and id take him over ghalenoi and ghotbi dudes.. remember how pissed of nekounamn was after asia cup that he couldnt move half a meter outside the area he was supposed to play in..
    Broke IFF can’t afford Hiddink.
    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I don't think anyone will criticize CQ if he was the coach with the results achieved so far. Agree?

Comment

Honestly we shouldn't hope Skocic axing. We aren't in position to have better alternative.
        We should stick with him until WC and hope he will correct his mistake with Ghoddos.

IFF should invest time to give Skocic the best preparation possible (camps, friendlies). No need to reset all with a new coach quest

Comment

I wonder if Skocic doesn't try to compensate his lack of credential by benching or leaving out some stars like Ghoddos, Ebrahimi or ezza to show the rest of players he has balls to it with any players and that any players that doesn't perform could be taken out

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            I wonder if Skocic doesn't try to compensate his lack of credential by benching or leaving out some stars like Ghoddos, Ebrahimi or ezza to show the rest of players he has balls to it with any players and that any players that doesn't perform could be taken out
            No.
            I'm very sure it isnt the case.
            otherwise to make this point, there are bigger names he can do this to.

besides I highly doubt Ebrahimi is in any state to be included.
            when he truly DESERVED to be part of TM, he was passed over. Today? I'm afraid he isnt.

Ghoddos' time WILL come.
            perhaps in the next game.
            definitely after locking in the qualification.

Comment

Yahya was 100% the right choice. Idk what grave they looked in to find Skocic. It just doesn’t make sense. I mean Afshin Ghotbi won league then became TM coach. Ali Daei won league, then coach. Despite their eventual results, those made sense at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                CQ achievements with TM are unmatched. But even with him we lacked a proper plan for our attacking and passing game. 'We mostly relied on long balls and the abilities of Taremi and Azmoun, even under CQ. I think Renard would be the perfect man to take over the Team CQ had built and implement some proper attacking football. Without that i don't see us progressing from the group-stage in WC.
                We have been over this at nauseum. His record is below many former TM coaches. To put it simply he has a 60% winning percentage with TEAM MELLI IN ASIA which is nothing to be happy about and won 0 trophies in 8 years at the helm and did not advance from group stage or make an Asian Cup final which of course circles back to his measly 60% win percentage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._team_managers

Comment

Que .. KC

Go.

Comment

How about Dick Advocat after he gets fired from Iraq? Can you imagine what a Dick Advocating for TM in IFF will be like?!! The media will go NUTS!!

On a serious note, I cannot follow the logic here:

If Bagheri (and/or Vahid) is the real coach, should he not be blamed for the game (if we think it was a horrible game)?

If Skocic is the coach but delegates to Bagheri and that is the reason for the 10-1-0, should Skocic not get the credit for giving Bagheri the leeway to achieve good results? I mean that is the hallmark of a good leader, hire good people and let them perform.

If 10-1-0 is not really that great a record, can we point to any other period of TM that achieved equal or better results?

If the results are because of the team CQ left behind and the coach has not effect, and we are winning because of individual talent, then why did Wilmooch flop with the same team?

Yes, I also thought we should win this game. I thought Korea was on the ropes and with a more aggressive subbing, we could have won the game. I also thought Samanand/or Ghedi/Torabi should have been introduced into the game with at least 20-25 minutes left in the game. BUT, I have never been a professional coach and I am not going to second guess the guy with his record in TM.

Whatever he is doing, be it delegating to Karim/Vahid, or letting his players do whatever they like, or doing a Faal Hafez for his line up, I am not going to argue until he starts failing. Remember we are topping the group and the road to qualification seems very smooth.
                    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      No.
                      I'm very sure it isnt the case.
                      otherwise to make this point, there are bigger names he can do this to.

besides I highly doubt Ebrahimi is in any state to be included.
                      when he truly DESERVED to be part of TM, he was passed over. Today? I'm afraid he isnt.

Ghoddos' time WILL come.
                      perhaps in the next game.
                      definitely after locking in the qualification.
                      Benching biggest name could cost him results

Comment

Wow....The guy has won 10 of the last 11 matches and tied against our supposedly biggest opponent. We top the chart, conceded only one goal this stage of qualification AND some of you are asking for his head.
                        Even though we lacked pace with a lot of turnovers in the 1st half, we had a very solid 2nd half and SK was lucky to concede only one goal. If one of the balls that hit the post had gone in, we would be all posting praises of the coach. CQ instilled discipline, teamwork and good work ethics in TM, Skocic, seem to have preserved those qualities and adds a more attacking mindset- I like that. I would have liked to see Qodous (sp??) involved too, but can't really 2nd guess the coaching staff.
                        "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                          We have been over this at nauseum. His record is below many former TM coaches. To put it simply he has a 60% winning percentage with TEAM MELLI IN ASIA which is nothing to be happy about and won 0 trophies in 8 years at the helm and did not advance from group stage or make an Asian Cup final which of course circles back to his measly 60% win percentage.

Winning percentage huh? You prefer Daei’s extra 2.5% that came with a bending over by Saudi at Azadi? Or is losing points at home to South Korea your thing?

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

When CQ took over we were the 7th best ranked team in Asia in the seedlings for the 2014 World Cup qualifying. We had just failed to qualify for a World Cup in 2010. Look where we were when he left, look at his legacy that he has left behind with our players getting more moves abroad. There is no doubting he is influential in the rise of Mehdi Taremi also.

Yes we have moved on now but that does not mean that we can not be thankful for the work he did.

Comment

I'd love for anyone to explain to me when Ghoddos, in his entire career, has been in good enough shape to play a full 90 minutes.

I'll wait.

His conditioning is always a problem, and always will be. He just cant hang for 90 minutes and that is why he isn't as great as he could be.

Comment

Working...
                                X