Please explain Skocic logic to me? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please explain Skocic logic to me?

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    unfortunately we had (and missed) our chance with herve renard - i'm not sure Skocic can take us far but it just takes one look at Wilmots to know it could be much worse

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjafari For This Useful Post:

General Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mehdi13 View Post
    2013–2014 Malavan
    2014–2016 Foolad
    2018 Khooneh be Khooneh
    2019–2020 Sanat Naft
    Gholam Peyrovani has a better resume than him. At least he is from my hometown.

Skocic not giving Ghoddus a chance along his overall subs today almost gave a heart attack today. I never said anything about any other coach we had in the past but I'm honestly beginning to dislike this guy very much. A demoted, retarded version of Branko Ivankovich at his best!

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,795 Posts
    dont know if his tactics are play safe first to get an advantage in second half aka coaches half.
    if he goes in with good tacitc first half the opponents coach will have a chance to adopt to it in second.
    but if he goes in with status que in first half he can surrprise the other side with a tactic in second, like today / combined with korea choking trying to defend 1-0 in 40 minutes with lack of tactics.

im not saying its a good tactic, but seems he is a good cup coach so thats maybe why he does this tactics.. saving subs to 90 min maybe its a reflex that he thinks the games going in to overrtime lmao

he should fix the defence, aka better pressure not 11 men standing infront of own penalty area and giving the opponents plenty of time on the ball, no perssure at all.. im surprised the koerans didnt do better.. i remember what messi did when he got 2 seconds with no pressure in world cup against us, now we didnt press att all in first half.. and make subs earlier, then im happy

dont want to go to world cup and be the new 8-0ers
    remember they did also go through qualification but got exposed.. badly.
    we need to fix the non existing perssure in defence. thats most important, they cant just stand theyer and aim to shoot or make good passes. we were lucky koreans cant do that for shit, they need 20 chanses to make that pass and they may spot it one time, but an ok team would make our defence look like it was 2002 again

Supporting Team Melli

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 2,711 Posts
    Ghoddos has little match time in England. Against weaker teams he could be ok but Korea could have exposed that today. I suppose Skocic saw this in training and didn't want to risk injury or fatigue. Fact is this result is acceptable and all the Koreans felt lucky to escape with a draw.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,795 Posts
    i guess with how the game went, both teams should be happy and it was a fair result.. that last chance for korea was a sitter if it was the tottenham star who got it.. great save by Beiranvand.. he really saved us from a defeat.
    We hade good chances as well, 2 hit the post and lack of VAR saved korea from a penalty on Taremi aswell. since iraq drew with uae 1 pts is ok,
    btw uae had a goal in for 3-2 on overtime atleast it looked like that on the VAR, but the ref blew the wistle and said game had ended, pointed as it was a goal but said whole ball wasnt in.. and confusion on the field.. no goal game over.. uae players were crying on the field.. insane stuff..

Supporting Team Melli

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Keshwardoost For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    We're slatted to be ranked #21 next month with 6 games left in qualification and we have 1,545.02 points in the FIFA rankings. Top 16 ranked teams are all in the mix for WC qualifying at the moment still, which puts us into pot 3 (as there are three pots of 8). If we can get up to #15 (given that Qatar, as host, will be in pot #1), we're guaranteed to be in pot 2, which will be a huge boost to our prospects of advancing to R16. The current #15 are the Swiss, with a "live" point total of 1,630.91. That's a big point total difference. We'll need to both win out, and also for either some of the teams in front of us to either lose games during qualifying, or outright fail to make it, in order to reach Pot 2. Its not out of the question though! Colombia, Uruguay and USA all appear to be struggling and are in the top 20, and Europe is nearly completely up in the air (with 14 teams above us in the rankings, but only 13 qualification slots).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ABalls For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    useless coach we need to get rid asap

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Ghoddos has little match time in England. Against weaker teams he could be ok but Korea could have exposed that today. I suppose Skocic saw this in training and didn't want to risk injury or fatigue. Fact is this result is acceptable and all the Koreans felt lucky to escape with a draw.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    dont be silly even with little match time he is doing EPL training! that is a billion times more intense than no disrespect the IPL or QSL players

Forum Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,572 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mehdi13 View Post
    2013–2014 Malavan
    2014–2016 Foolad
    2018 Khooneh be Khooneh
    2019–2020 Sanat Naft
    Lol this was amazing
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,472 Times in 9,590 Posts
    his logic is always to be cautious imo. His xi selection is indicative of that. His subs are indicative of that.

At 1-1 we had Korea by the balls but you could tell a few of our guys were tiring (they just played an intense game in UAE heat few days ago where again sko didnt really sub). Instead of introducing likes of ghoddos, ghayedi, Y. Salmani, torabi (or at least one of them) to provide that added offensive creativity and speed (physical speed and decision making) he instead chose to let our momentum die out and try to protect point.

In the end even biggest skocic fans should admit the risk...they almost scored to win the game. A game we should have wrapped up 15 mins prior.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 229

You do not have permission to view the list of names.