Please explain Skocic logic to me? - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 95 of 95

Thread: Please explain Skocic logic to me?

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    472
    Thanked 105 Times in 49 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by peiman92 View Post
    Skocic deserves praise for what he’s done, no doubt. But is he the man to lead us to the 2nd round in WC? I have serious doubts, and i’m not the only one here it seems!
    I say let the man do his job in qualification and hopefully we’re qualified by beginning of February next year. Then we thank him for his services with daste gol shirini!

    A new coach will then have 9 months to prepare for WC. If we don’t change him by then, we might aswell stick with him to the WC.
    But boy will i be banging my head against the wall countless times, if we don’t qualify for the 2nd round in the WC with this star-studded team.
    Star-studded is way too far fetched. When the field is set we'll have barely 5 teams at the World Cup who rank below us in terms of squad strengh and individual talent.

    Please let's be realistic. We are a type of team whose ceiling are 4 points max. Depending also on the group. Queiroz did very very well for us in 2018.

    It's a huge task for any manager even high profile coaches to get us out of the group. Let alone for Skocic.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MucizeLions1992 For This Useful Post:


  3. #92
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    peiman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    854
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 500 Times in 259 Posts
    Rep Power
    2603581
    Quote Originally Posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
    Star-studded is way too far fetched. When the field is set we'll have barely 5 teams at the World Cup who rank below us in terms of squad strengh and individual talent.
    Please let's be realistic. We are a type of team whose ceiling are 4 points max. Depending also on the group. Queiroz did very very well for us in 2018.
    It's a huge task for any manager even high profile coaches to get us out of the group. Let alone for Skocic.
    It's about maximizing our chances. We don't want to leave the WC with regrets.

    This team is star-studded compared to the 2014 and 2018 teams. Look where a good coach got us both times, almost to the 2nd round!
    This despite the tough draw in 2018 WC. If we had current team in 2014 WC, CQ probably would have qualified us to the 2nd round.

    How do you think Skocic would have performed in 2014 WC and 2018 WC? That's right, just like his buddy in 2006 WC.
    We don't want to look back at the 2022 WC like we do with 2006 WC. Pain, anger, regret and the feeling of "what if" we had a better coach instead...
    Esteghlal

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peiman92 For This Useful Post:


  5. #93
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks
    2,444
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 585 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by peiman92 View Post
    It's about maximizing our chances. We don't want to leave the WC with regrets.
    This team is star-studded compared to the 2014 and 2018 teams. Look where a good coach got us both times, almost to the 2nd round!
    This despite the tough draw in 2018 WC. If we had current team in 2014 WC, CQ probably would have qualified us to the 2nd round.
    How do you think Skocic would have performed in 2014 WC and 2018 WC? That's right, just like his buddy in 2006 WC.
    We don't want to look back at the 2022 WC like we do with 2006 WC. Pain, anger, regret and the feeling of "what if" we had a better coach instead...
    Skocic will do much better than Branko. The reason TM had a relatively poor world cup is because of the Ali Daei vs Ali Karimi/Mahdavikia feud. It caused a major rift in the team and badly damaged the team spirit. Ali Daei, in 2006 a fat 37 year old middle aged man, should have not played at the world cup. This won't happen with Skocic because he has excellent people management skills.

    As far as Queiroz is concerned, i personally won't compare Skocic's TM of WC 2022 to TM's results in WC 2018 but that of 2014 when they got one meagre point against Nigeria. By 2018 Queiroz had already been our coach for 7 years.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sepehr9 For This Useful Post:


  7. #94
    Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    CAGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    480
    Thanks
    1,063
    Thanked 541 Times in 190 Posts
    Rep Power
    8132392
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    Skocic will do much better than Branko. The reason TM had a relatively poor world cup is because of the Ali Daei vs Ali Karimi/Mahdavikia feud. It caused a major rift in the team and badly damaged the team spirit. Ali Daei, in 2006 a fat 37 year old middle aged man, should have not played at the world cup. This won't happen with Skocic because he has excellent people management skills.

    As far as Queiroz is concerned, i personally won't compare Skocic's TM of WC 2022 to TM's results in WC 2018 but that of 2014 when they got one meagre point against Nigeria. By 2018 Queiroz had already been our coach for 7 years.
    I never knew about this feud? especially with Mahdavikia? Could you elaborate what happened?
    You just got Caged
    K.C McElroy's Fan

  8. #95
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 141 Times in 80 Posts
    Rep Power
    12979327
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    Skocic will do much better than Branko. The reason TM had a relatively poor world cup is because of the Ali Daei vs Ali Karimi/Mahdavikia feud. It caused a major rift in the team and badly damaged the team spirit. Ali Daei, in 2006 a fat 37 year old middle aged man, should have not played at the world cup. This won't happen with Skocic because he has excellent people management skills.

    As far as Queiroz is concerned, i personally won't compare Skocic's TM of WC 2022 to TM's results in WC 2018 but that of 2014 when they got one meagre point against Nigeria. By 2018 Queiroz had already been our coach for 7 years.
    excellent people management skills? have you not seen Taremi and Ghoddos speak out already? please provide examples of 'excellent' when the players arent fond at all

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaebi kabab For This Useful Post:


+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Members who have read this thread : 228

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 64.07 Kb. compressed to 58.18 Kb. by saving 5.88 Kb. (9.18%)]