Please explain Skocic logic to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
    dont be silly even with little match time he is doing EPL training! that is a billion times more intense than no disrespect the IPL or QSL players
    Arj ar Brighton versus now...look at the world of difference. Training lacks intensity and dynamics you feel in game play.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      we played well 10-15 min , plus what exactly did amiri do?our team is tired he dont make a sub then make 2 sub in 90 min?honeslty i think he dont know how to coach, we are 1-1 with 15 min to go why ghoddos dont come in we create and score the winner, then take off azmoun when taremi could have been subbed off
      i think the team just want to play pp players . they are like a mini mafia , bagheri and hashemian only play pp player and use the coach as thier puppet

Plot thickens nemo

Comment

I think a draw at Azadi against Korea is not enough for a no 1 ranked Team in Asia. We just gave the Koreans all the possession and parked the Bus in our home game in the first half and the last 25 min of the second half .
        Most people agree, that Ghoddus should just enter the game at some point, even if Skocic was happy with the 1-1 and wanted to rely on counter-attacks, Ghoddus would be perfect for the game. Still one can't deny that Skocic did a good job and put us in a great position so far. I just hope that he considers Ghoddus and Ghaedi for the future games.

I think we don't need to discuss our Middlefield, Ezzi was the Man of the Match and Nourollahi will keep his position until someone else can take his spot. Our main issue is going to be on LB-Position. It is true that Moharrami (RB) had a bad game, but overall he was very good for TM, lets not judge him by one bad game. Amiri at LB is a waste of his talent for our attack. Nourafkan need to gain more experience, he made some unnecessary fouls and got two yellow-cards in his last games. He is IMO to slow as a LB, if MiMo can find his Form back, that he had under CQ, he should be our starter.

Looking at Group B i was thinking, why so many claim that AFC is constantly putting stones in our way and favor KSA in every Aspect. Honestly, we end up in one of the Easiest Groups in our past WCQ-Campaigns. Since WCQ 2014 our only main opponent is South Korea, all the other Teams we are expected to defeat (on paper).
        Just imagine we would swap with Australia and would end up with KSA, Japan, Oman....

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
          A good coach wouldn't need to be reshuffling a thing in these circumstances in the first place.
          We already knew from before that Jahanbakhsh is useless as a left midfielder/winger.
          We already knew from before that Noorafkan is a defensive liability for the left back position.
          We already knew from before that Amiri is needed in midfield.
          Why repeat your errors? It's unacceptable to repeat them and continue the cycle.
          The game would've been different if Jahanbakhsh started in his natural position and Amiri as a midfielder considering that it turned the game around once they did.
          I have so much to get off my chest about this game. I will write a thorough analysis of this game later.
          But you are correct about that he reshuffled the team and that it turned the game around and worked.
          However, he did it out of incompetence not brilliance.

1- ALL coaches reshuffle according to the needs of the hour. EVERONE. Even the likes of Wenger, Guardiola, Klopp, ... .
          Problem is not correcting your tactics/strategy. Problem arises when coaches DONT address the issue.
          Skocic did. He readjusted the lineup and it worked.
          what more can you ask from a coach who reads the game?

2- No. We Dont know JB is useless on the left. Simply bcoz he is not useless.
          However being a mainly right footed player his efficacy rises if used on the right flank.
          he has been used on the left before and has done quite well. I have been tracking him from when he was called up for our U17 TM. And he impressed everyone at that age, as a LEFT winger.

3- Neither is nourafkan a defensive liability. In fact against Iraq he did quite wonderfully.

4- True. Amiri's best turn out is when used in LM or LW

to sum the above, I think Skocic thought he could use two attacking players (amiri & JB) on the left flank as Korea's right flank will be far less aggressive as their left where Son plays.
          so he used a proper RB (Moharami , who normally does well. But today was off form).

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
            bro when we scored we should have made changes why still play 2 defensive midfield, nouroulahi is not good , amiri is not a 90 min player, nourafkhan should not even be invited to tm that is how garbage he is , even shoja is not good wehave better players than him and taremi need to pass the damn ball more
            wow!!!!!
            the ONLY item I agree with here is Nourolahi isnt good.

everything else I completely, totally and vehemently disagree with

Comment

Jesus f***ing muhammad and buddha.
              After a winning streak we get a draw and people call for Skocics head.

Didn't you see the dominance in the 2nd half? Whenever we shift into overdrive we can cause havoc and trouble for any team.
              If it wasn't the 2 post hits we would have won. So relax everybody and let Skocic do his job.
              As for Ghoddos, i am pretty sure he will get his playing time.
              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

The criticism of Sko is a bit much. Yeah the line-up was a bit cautious, but wasn't it always VERY cautious under CQ? Yes, the subs came on late, but didn't Taremi, Eza, Azmoun and JB nearly put 3 more goals in that second half, missing 2 by inches and a 3rd a foot offsides? When our players don't get playing time in Europe we assume it's bc they aren't up to par, but when they don't get playing time with TM, we assume it's a coach's error...bit weird, no?

We tied our top opponent 1-1 at home. Not a perfect game, but a decent result, and we're 5 points above the playoff spot with 6 winnable games to go.

I think it's important we get some squad rotation in and continue to learn our squad and build chemistry. There is nothing terminally wrong with this team or its coaching staff.

Comment

Let him qualify us to the WC first, then we can discuss firing him. We don't want unnecessary drama while we're not qualified yet.
                  If we're qualified after the matches in february, we can seriously discuss this. A new coach will then have 9 months to prepare for the WC.

So far he's getting results but i agree with the members saying we won't get results in WC with this coach.
                  However i hope the same members are prepared for a vatani coach to take over if Skocic is fired. I can't see a top coach( like CQ) coming to Iran.

Japan replaced Halilhodzic with a vatani coach before WC18 and it worked wonders for them. Can it work out the same way for Iran?
                  Let me hear your thoughts.
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                    Let him qualify us to the WC first, then we can discuss firing him. We don't want unnecessary drama while we're not qualified yet.
                    If we're qualified after the matches in february, we can seriously discuss this. A new coach will then have 9 months to prepare for the WC.

So far he's getting results but i agree with the members saying we won't get results in WC with this coach.
                    However i hope the same members are prepared for a vatani coach to take over if Skocic is fired. I can't see a top coach( like CQ) coming to Iran.

Japan replaced Halilhodzic with a vatani coach before WC18 and it worked wonders for them. Can it work out the same way for Iran?
                    Let me hear your thoughts.
                    Domestic coach are not ready to take and support TM pressure. Also I fear they make favoritism with taking and sticking with their former domestic players in place of other that deserve more.

If Skocic can upgrade the tactic and team cohesion&play (not sure he can, but also not sure his Iranian or foreign replacement can) and delete some dumb choice, it's ok.

Everybody (including me) will always criticize his choice. But except two or three, they are not that much (I know ghoddos is the main).

Comment

Domestic coaches that would work ok.

iMayeli Kohan

Golmohammadi - but its a huge step from few years coaching PP and then going to WC without experriencing eaven a qualifier as a cioach..

Maybe bring back Jalal Talebi from retirement - he is 79 according to wiki, he has experiance as a wc coach and did ok in 98.

So Mayeli Kohan orTalebi it is

we cant have ghotbi, ghalenoi or majidi, daei isnt welcome in iff and it will be big chance of war in the lockerroom..
                      firouz karimi isnt good enough either...

dont know if he goes home with the IFF anymore though..
                      so just as well might go with Skochie then, and hope we dont get a 8-0er result against us with that passive non pressing defence. hope he takes care of that part beforer we are all crying infront of the tv next winter..
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                        It was obvious from the start that Skocic was going after a tie game. He let the Koreans dictate the game which eventually led to the Son goal. After the equalizer the Koreans were in complete disarray, and instead of bringing fresh legs like Ghodus and Ghaedi to finish the job he did absolutely nothing and let the Koreans get back on their feet with some fresh legs of their own.
                        He got us results against average Asian teams but today got fully exposed against an Asian powerhouse. To think we could have had Renard but did not thanks to the corrupt and incompetent Taj and his gang.
                        We most likely will qualify to the WC but once there, there is virtually no chance we are advancing from group stage, something that we were on course of doing had they not gotten rid of CQ.
                        Just keep in mind that Japan, S Korea, Australia, KSA and even N Korea have all advanced from the group stage at the WC and we are just idling.
                        CQ achievements with TM are unmatched. But even with him we lacked a proper plan for our attacking and passing game. 'We mostly relied on long balls and the abilities of Taremi and Azmoun, even under CQ. I think Renard would be the perfect man to take over the Team CQ had built and implement some proper attacking football. Without that i don't see us progressing from the group-stage in WC.

Comment

COuldn't watch the game yesterday, will try to watch a re live link today or tomorrow.

We didn't lose the nr 1 spot, we didn't lose the game and from what i read (plus stats) we did pretty ok, especially 2nd half.

Lets be a bit more patient, b/c at this point in time we cannot get a A grade coach (IFF has no budget)...
                          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                            Domestic coaches that would work ok.

iMayeli Kohan

Golmohammadi - but its a huge step from few years coaching PP and then going to WC without experriencing eaven a qualifier as a cioach..

Maybe bring back Jalal Talebi from retirement - he is 79 according to wiki, he has experiance as a wc coach and did ok in 98.

So Mayeli Kohan orTalebi it is

we cant have ghotbi, ghalenoi or majidi, daei isnt welcome in iff and it will be big chance of war in the lockerroom..
                            firouz karimi isnt good enough either...

dont know if he goes home with the IFF anymore though..
                            so just as well might go with Skochie then, and hope we dont get a 8-0er result against us with that passive non pressing defence. hope he takes care of that part beforer we are all crying infront of the tv next winter..
                            IMO we have 4 domestic candidates:

Nekounam: Too soon for him. He did a good job with Nassaji and Foolad, but we need to see how he does with a big team first.

Ghalenoei: Produces results everywhere he goes. Most succesful PGL coach. Resultminded coach, his teams very rarely plays beautiful football. He also has been tried as TM-coach once, but was not successful.
                            You could argue it was too soon for him back then, he's more experienced now.

Golmohammadi: Has proven his worth with many teams. Naft, Tractor, Padideh and now Perspolis. His teams play beautiful football and also produces results.
                            The most logical choice. But does he have the right personality to deal with all the BS that comes with TM coach? Can he deal with the media? That is my only concern.

Daei: Idolized by the players and well respected in the world. Was chosen as TM-coach way too soon. He's much more appreciated/respected by fans now than he was back then. He'd just retired and was chosen as TM coach. Many were still angry with his WC-performance and thought that he stood in the way of other talented strikers. Time would however show that even in his mid 30's he was still better than a lot of strikers that came after him. He's also matured a lot and handles the media better. His personality is also a lot better lol as i thought he could be arrogant at times back then! I believe he can make the players produce their best football.

Golmohammadi is the most logical and perhaps best choice. While i think Daei is the most exiting.
                            Cheers!
                            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Domestic coach are not ready to take and support TM pressure. Also I fear they make favoritism with taking and sticking with their former domestic players in place of other that deserve more.

If Skocic can upgrade the tactic and team cohesion&play (not sure he can, but also not sure his Iranian or foreign replacement can) and delete some dumb choice, it's ok.

Everybody (including me) will always criticize his choice. But except two or three, they are not that much (I know ghoddos is the main).
                              I agree with the favoritism, that would certainly be an issue unfortunately. Maybe Daei could be the answer as he hasn't been coaching a big team for a while and because of that there will be less favoritism?

When will domestic coaches be ready in your opinion?
                              If we don't give them chances they'll never be?
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                                IMO we have 4 domestic candidates:
                                Nekounam: Too soon for him. He did a good job with Nassaji and Foolad, but we need to see how he does with a big team first.
                                Ghalenoei: Produces results everywhere he goes. Most succesful PGL coach. Resultminded coach, his teams very rarely plays beautiful football. He also has been tried as TM-coach once, but was not successful.
                                You could argue it was too soon for him back then, he's more experienced now.
                                Golmohammadi: Has proven his worth with many teams. Naft, Tractor, Padideh and now Perspolis. His teams play beautiful football and also produces results.
                                The most logical choice. But does he have the right personality to deal with all the BS that comes with TM coach? Can he deal with the media? That is my only concern.
                                Daei: Idolized by the players and well respected in the world. Was chosen as TM-coach way too soon. He's much more appreciated/respected by fans now than he was back then. He'd just retired and was chosen as TM coach. Many were still angry with his WC-performance and thought that he stood in the way of other talented strikers. Time would however show that even in his mid 30's he was still better than a lot of strikers that came after him. He's also matured a lot and handles the media better. His personality is also a lot better lol as i thought he could be arrogant at times back then! I believe he can make the players produce their best football.
                                Golmohammadi is the most logical and perhaps best choice. While i think Daei is the most exiting.
                                Cheers!
                                My fabourite coach and the best NT coach that would fit us is Guus hiddink. he did wonderrs with korea and russia at 2 differrent world cups. and guess what, he is free (retired) and would probably jump of joy if he got another world cup under his belt, now with a strong Iran.
                                just offer him some gold and cash money and i bet he would jump in, and give skoochie a good payoff cuz he deserves it.. .

id take skooch over ipl coaches any day.. and id take him over ghalenoi and ghotbi dudes.. remember how pissed of nekounamn was after asia cup that he couldnt move half a meter outside the area he was supposed to play in..
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X