Iran vs Korea Viewing (LA/Irvine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    you would be surprised... I watched Iran vs SK away, last WCQ 2014 at Caspian Restaurant in Irvine at 4am in the morning. IT was packed and kaleh pache was on the house, projector screen, and great vibes. Only thing that topped that experience was going to actual game itself.

OP, you should check with Caspian and see if they are showing, they usually do, but considering it is a weekday not sure how many will be there.

edit: just saw kateb's post new manager doesnt like football, lol. Best bet probably is at home.
    where you at caspian for ac 2019?
    also for wc 2018 where u tustin?

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
      where you at caspian for ac 2019?
      also for wc 2018 where u tustin?
      Sometimes I am in the area visiting family.

wc2018 I was in st pete at stadium for 1st game. 2nd and 3rd games I watched in germany.

I havent watched a game at caspian for a very long time, or even been there as a matter of fact. I also think their food is way overpriced these days and much better chelokababis around with better prices.

Another good option for TM games is Darband Fifth Avenue grill in SD. Their kubideh is best in socal in my estimation (I would even say better than Raffi) and has real hole in the wall vibe and owner is big TM fan. Unfortunately they are not open in AM so misses the window for these WCQ, although you may be able to ask owner if he is having any sort of viewing party.

Comment

well those days are over
        in irvine caspian was the spot since they
        have a new manager and ahe is anti football
        they stoped

l.a hasnt have one for years
        cafe roberto was the spot.

valley
        safir been the spot for the last 20 years
        due to covid they stoped too

best bet is at home
        And there food is trash too

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          Sometimes I am in the area visiting family.

wc2018 I was in st pete at stadium for 1st game. 2nd and 3rd games I watched in germany.

I havent watched a game at caspian for a very long time, or even been there as a matter of fact. I also think their food is way overpriced these days and much better chelokababis around with better prices.

Another good option for TM games is Darband Fifth Avenue grill in SD. Their kubideh is best in socal in my estimation (I would even say better than Raffi) and has real hole in the wall vibe and owner is big TM fan. Unfortunately they are not open in AM so misses the window for these WCQ, although you may be able to ask owner if he is having any sort of viewing party.
          i get offended as persian paying 31.99+tax for soltani which
          dont even taste good

raffi was my fav but last time i went there
          theit kabob kobideh had shrinked and barg was not as big as before and their gaymeh lapeh was more like a soup VERY DISAPOINTED

i decided to go to almost every restaurant
          couple month back

hatem was ok+ and 24.99 for soltani was great

shamshiri was good for 31.99 koobideh on fatty side.

farsi cafe kabob looked great but no taste super pricy..
          toranj was horrible
          THE WINNER must try seaside palace in torrance
          taste awsome for 26.99 get soltani and it comes with skwer jojeh as well.

Comment

i get offended as persian paying 31.99+tax for soltani which
            dont even taste good

raffi was my fav but last time i went there
            theit kabob kobideh had shrinked and barg was not as big as before and their gaymeh lapeh was more like a soup VERY DISAPOINTED

i decided to go to almost every restaurant
            couple month back

hatem was ok+ and 24.99 for soltani was great

shamshiri was good for 31.99 koobideh on fatty side.

farsi cafe kabob looked great but no taste super pricy..
            toranj was horrible
            THE WINNER must try seaside palace in torrance
            taste awsome for 26.99 get soltani and it comes with skwer jojeh as well.

These prices are insane. I can’t believe Toronto is cheaper !

Comment

We have Shamshiri in Washington DC area that has good quality food and it's soltani is called Shamshiri and is $24.99. Caspian is a rip-off. Until the COVID situation is more under control we should just rely on Paramount Plus. I love to have a get together to watch the match with anyone interested when the situation is safe. My better half and I are planning to go to Qatar next year. We have done both Brazil 2014 and Russia 2018 and we are not going to miss this one when Iran makes it three in a row.

Go TM!
              Zendeh baad Koobideh!

Comment

Working...
              X