Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Match Information
    Game: Iran - Korea Republic
    Venue: Azadi Stadium, Tehran
    Date: Tuesday 12 October 2021
    Local Time: 17:00 Tehran
    Stage: FIFA World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Kick off by time zone:
    Los Angeles - 6:30 am
    New York - 9:30 am
    London - 2:30 pm
    Berlin - 3:30 pm
    Tehran - 5:00 pm

2021-10-08_10-39-30.png

I very much see a draw in this game, both team probably will save energy, there’s no reason to play hard and get some tired key players injured

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
      I very much see a draw in this game, both team probably will save energy, there’s no reason to play hard and get some tired key players injured
      I get this point, but it will be home match, with the first "real" match in front of our women fans. I expect TM to give it all and go for the win. (though I can imagine Dragan not playing the usual A team for 90 minutes)

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
        Iran-Korea is a rivalry game. I don't think they'll try to save energy especially since the next matchday is next month.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          I get this point, but it will be home match, with the first "real" match in front of our women fans. I expect TM to give it all and go for the win. (though I can imagine Dragan not playing the usual A team for 90 minutes)
          If they allow women in, then that’s a different story, btw, are we sure they’re going to allow that?

Comment

If you play for a draw, you will most likely lose the game. Korea hates our team, they are very bitter that they haven't won a match against us in 10 years. They are one of our biggest rivals, and we are playing at home with fans. This is a must win match to put us in an amazing place for qualifying to the WC, and we will win 2-0; go IRAN
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I agree, no reason to rest in this match, no TM games till next month, it's not like they will play again 5 days after.

And can we please sticky this asap? TIA!

Comment

we are clearly the underdog, even with women in the stadium

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Nader!!!

This is the real rivalry for us not Iraq or those other arab teams that aren’t on our level. SK has struggled a lot lately but I still expect a really tough match. Son and Hwang will be much tougher tests and exploit a lot more holes in the D than any other forward line has that’a for sure
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

This will be the first real test the team gets during Skocic's reign. Even though Korea hasn't played to their fullest potential, I expect them to be the hardest opponent we've face, and capitalise on our mistakes.

I feel like it will be 2-1 or 2-0 Korea victory.

Comment

Iranian soccer legend Rashid in the 1970s drew attention by devaluing Korea's power. Rashid is regarded as a football hero in his home country for leading Iran to win the 1976 AFC Asian Cup. At that time, he also competed several times with Korean football, led by Cha Bum-geun.

Iran's ISNA news agency reported in an interview with Rashid, "The manager (Rashid), who had previously commanded Iran, predicted that Iran could beat Korea by two goals in this match."

After breaking his luck, Rashid said, "I watched Korea's match (the Syrian match) today," and said, "It is true that Korea has Son Heung-min, but it is not in a position to win against Iran. Korea showed an uncoordinated appearance and this "I think the team is the weakest Korean team I've ever seen. It will be better in Korea than in the UAE. Iran will beat Korea by more than two goals."

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                        This will be the first real test the team gets during Skocic's reign. Even though Korea hasn't played to their fullest potential, I expect them to be the hardest opponent we've face, and capitalise on our mistakes.

I hope you’re joking. This Korea team is even weaker than the one from 4 years ago, while we’re stronger( we dominated that game). If boys don’t get complacent and play with gheyrat, 3-0 Iran.
                        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I wouldn't worry. The best the Koreans can do is hope for a draw. There is no way they will be scoring in the Iran Fortress.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

No chance lol

Iran is actually a bigger favorite to beat Korea than they were to beat UAE. Barring some crazy circumstance, Iran will most likely beat Korea and if they are unlucky it might end in a draw

But this Korea team beating Iran.. In Azadi? No chance lol

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
                              Iranian soccer legend Rashid in the 1970s drew attention by devaluing Korea's power. Rashid is regarded as a football hero in his home country for leading Iran to win the 1976 AFC Asian Cup. At that time, he also competed several times with Korean football, led by Cha Bum-geun.

Iran's ISNA news agency reported in an interview with Rashid, "The manager (Rashid), who had previously commanded Iran, predicted that Iran could beat Korea by two goals in this match."

After breaking his luck, Rashid said, "I watched Korea's match (the Syrian match) today," and said, "It is true that Korea has Son Heung-min, but it is not in a position to win against Iran. Korea showed an uncoordinated appearance and this "I think the team is the weakest Korean team I've ever seen. It will be better in Korea than in the UAE. Iran will beat Korea by more than two goals."
                              I am not sure who this article is referring to. We don’t have anyone from 70s TM with that name. TM historians, please advise.

Comment

Working...
                              X