Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
    I remembered I screamed like a girl when Nekounam scored that goal against them lol
    Yeah lol we had just lost to Lebanon, which practically meant do or die vs Korea.
    Nekounam saved Shojaei that night. Unfortunately for Shojaei, there was no one to save his ass after he made the same stupid mistake against Iraq.
    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
      Is there by any chance a video of that scene?
      Probably best there isn't lolol... Gucci has given me other screaming moments especially the goals against Iraq and Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
        Iranian soccer legend Rashid in the 1970s drew attention by devaluing Korea's power. Rashid is regarded as a football hero in his home country for leading Iran to win the 1976 AFC Asian Cup. At that time, he also competed several times with Korean football, led by Cha Bum-geun.

Iran's ISNA news agency reported in an interview with Rashid, "The manager (Rashid), who had previously commanded Iran, predicted that Iran could beat Korea by two goals in this match."

After breaking his luck, Rashid said, "I watched Korea's match (the Syrian match) today," and said, "It is true that Korea has Son Heung-min, but it is not in a position to win against Iran. Korea showed an uncoordinated appearance and this "I think the team is the weakest Korean team I've ever seen. It will be better in Korea than in the UAE. Iran will beat Korea by more than two goals."
        Almost as savage as the time when Son said he was going to make the Iranians cry tears of blood before our clash in Ulsan in the 2014 WCQs

Good luck…..I can tell you there are few matchups Iran see as more exciting than when we play against SK. Best rivalry in Asia if you ask me.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
          Any word on how much capacity is allowed into the stadium?

Is it still 10k with proof of vaccination?
          Not sure, though 10K in an 80K (former 100K) stadium seems on the low side.

Comment

Here's the Korea-Syria highlights. Nothing spectacular.

Comment

I'll just leave this here (and what the image doesn't show is our clean sheet so far).

Comment

This match up has become Asia's ElClassico.
                And it never disappoints. No matter at what stage. No matter how many points each team has.
                Do away with each team's games in this group. Each team will be primed for this match up...... sometimes, I even think despite what the coaches advise!

Moharami and Kanaani will have to be at their best (nullifying Korea's left wing attacks) if we want to come out of this unscathed.

And Both Taremi & Azmoun shd not be so wasteful with their chances if we want to make the second phase of group games comfortable for TM. They have been very nonchalant and wasteful ... almost looking bored. But I doubt they would have that bored attitude for this game.

Despite what everyone says. I think Shoja is key to keeping TM safe given his pace and agility. Only if he can control his temper and stay focused for 90 mins.

I also am getting tired of Nourolahi's doing "just barely enough" to stay in the starter line up. Maybe another CM/CDM can provide more sparks and imagination to the team. Saman has been playing CM off and on. Why not pair him with the resurgent saeid?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                  This match up has become Asia's ElClassico.
                  And it never disappoints. No matter at what stage. No matter how many points each team has.
                  Do away with each team's games in this group. Each team will be primed for this match up...... sometimes, I even think despite what the coaches advise!

Moharami and Kanaani will have to be at their best (nullifying Korea's left wing attacks) if we want to come out of this unscathed.

And Both Taremi & Azmoun shd not be so wasteful with their chances if we want to make the second phase of group games comfortable for TM. They have been very nonchalant and wasteful ... almost looking bored. But I doubt they would have that bored attitude for this game.

Despite what everyone says. I think Shoja is key to keeping TM safe given his pace and agility. Only if he can control his temper and stay focused for 90 mins.

I also am getting tired of Nourolahi's doing "just barely enough" to stay in the starter line up. Maybe another CM/CDM can provide more sparks and imagination to the team. Saman has been playing CM off and on. Why not pair him with the resurgent saeid?
                  What is your preferred lineup for this game?
                  Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                    This will be the first real test the team gets during Skocic's reign. Even though Korea hasn't played to their fullest potential, I expect them to be the hardest opponent we've face, and capitalise on our mistakes..
                    The first real test?!!!

How about beating both Iraq and Bahrain, away from home, in do-or-die matches a few months ago?!! We know that Iran is better on paper, but that was a real test of grit, where Iran has failed before.
                    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

korea is scared of iran
                      football and they respect us a lot.
                      i really dont think they have a chance
                      of beating us in iran
                      heck even ali daie team
                      got a draw from team and that was
                      our worst team ever.
                      a draw benefit both team
                      alot specially iran.
                      his is DANESHMAND skovich
                      first true test in a real match
                      against a quality team.
                      koreans are not arabs to ran out of gas
                      in 2nd half,so our subs are super
                      important.
                      shoja and kannani
                      will be tested.
                      they will attack us from our right
                      side which all the teams know is
                      our weakness.

Comment

I just hope the reason Dragan didn’t give Ghodos a ran in against UAE was because he wanted to keep him fresh and unleash him against Korea.
                        sigpic
                        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

korea is scared of iran
                          football and they respect us a lot.
                          i really dont think they have a chance
                          of beating us in iran
                          heck even ali daie team
                          got a draw from team and that was
                          our worst team ever.
                          a draw benefit both team
                          alot specially iran.
                          his is DANESHMAND skovich
                          first true test in a real match
                          against a quality team.
                          koreans are not arabs to ran out of gas
                          in 2nd half,so our subs are super
                          important.
                          shoja and kannani
                          will be tested.
                          they will attack us from our right
                          side which all the teams know is
                          our weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            I am not sure who this article is referring to. We don’t have anyone from 70s TM with that name. TM historians, please advise.
                            That's exactly what was going through mind. Don't recall such name. Maybe it's referring to Heshmat" Heshmat Mohajerani

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            I agree about the 2014 WCQ Tehran game, we were extremely lucky to win that game.
                            Yes especially when Shojaei got red carded

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              I am not sure who this article is referring to. We don’t have anyone from 70s TM with that name. TM historians, please advise.
                              Perhaps they mean the goalkeeper Mansour Rashidi.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                This will be the first real test the team gets during Skocic's reign. Even though Korea hasn't played to their fullest potential, I expect them to be the hardest opponent we've face, and capitalise on our mistakes.
                                I feel like it will be 2-1 or 2-0 Korea victory.
                                LOL i will quote this post after TM has trashed South Korea upcoming Tuesday

Even though every game stands on its own we can see that South Korea drew Iraq at home and narrowly beat Syria in the last minutes again at home. Now this "expert" claims we'll lose to South Korea 2-0 in Tehran? Man the inferiority complex runs deep on this one. It's probably because Son, one of the Premier League stars, is playing and according to The there is no way an IPL defender like Shoja can neutralize him right? Well you better start looking for your man Son in Shoja's pockets son. I respect South Korea as Iran's rivals but there is no way we'll lose to them, especially not now that we have a better coach than Queiroz with better tactics that match TM's abilities. What i'm trying to say is, don't quit your day job The.

Comment

Working...
                                X