Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    This will be the first real test the team gets during Skocic's reign. Even though Korea hasn't played to their fullest potential, I expect them to be the hardest opponent we've face, and capitalise on our mistakes.

I feel like it will be 2-1 or 2-0 Korea victory.
    Have to disagree with you on this being the first real test...

People forget that we had to pretty much win 4 out of 4 matches a few months ago just to get to this stage of qualifiers. That was a big big test... To me, during Skocic's rein, we have played 10 games so that is 10 tests...

This Korea is the same Korea that tied Iraq last month, so I don't think of them as that much superior to other good teams in Asia. To me, this is as big a test as any other game in the group. I appreciate the rivalry and history but it is just another test. The win streak will come to an end at some point, but instead of being ready to say: "I told you this Skocic is no good", we should appreciate the players and coaches that set this record. Particularly, with little preparation during these covid days.

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
      Iranian soccer legend Rashid in the 1970s drew attention by devaluing Korea's power. Rashid is regarded as a football hero in his home country for leading Iran to win the 1976 AFC Asian Cup. At that time, he also competed several times with Korean football, led by Cha Bum-geun.

Iran's ISNA news agency reported in an interview with Rashid, "The manager (Rashid), who had previously commanded Iran, predicted that Iran could beat Korea by two goals in this match."

After breaking his luck, Rashid said, "I watched Korea's match (the Syrian match) today," and said, "It is true that Korea has Son Heung-min, but it is not in a position to win against Iran. Korea showed an uncoordinated appearance and this "I think the team is the weakest Korean team I've ever seen. It will be better in Korea than in the UAE. Iran will beat Korea by more than two goals."
      Hi bro, best of luck to your Korean NT, as I have a lot of respect for them and their players, but Rashid is 1000% correct:

The game against Korea will be a much easier task than UAE.. I know that may seem untrue based off the fact that Korea clearly has higher quality players in Son and Hwang, but here are my reasons:

1) Azadi. Azadi. Azadi. Home matches are always a HUGE advantage, especially in Iran!

2) The UAE game was almost a friendly to get our players back in form and chemistry after a more than one month absence from the NT and training with each other

3) The pressure is more so on Korea than Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        I am not sure who this article is referring to. We don’t have anyone from 70s TM with that name. TM historians, please advise.
        I read that article in farsi, i think it’s Mansour Rashidi.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
          I wouldn't worry. The best the Koreans can do is hope for a draw. There is no way they will be scoring in the Iran Fortress.
          Nice to see a korean fan here, welcome 😊
          I have a few questions if you don’t mind.

1. Why have your NT been on a steady decline since 2010 World Cup/2011 Asian Cup? Is it because you haven’t been able to replace Park Ji Sung and Lee Young Pyo?

2. IMO your 2010 WC team was your best ever team( better than 2002) and could have reached further than they did. Why was Huh Jung Moo sacked? You guys played great under him.

Thanks in advance!
          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Having our lady lions cheering our boys on will be enough motivation to win this match. Couple that with the Azadi atmosphere and it will be a terrifying lions den for the visiting team. Iran for the win. All for TM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
              No chance lol
              Iran is actually a bigger favorite to beat Korea than they were to beat UAE. Barring some crazy circumstance, Iran will most likely beat Korea and if they are unlucky it might end in a draw
              But this Korea team beating Iran.. In Azadi? No chance lol
              I think you are talking about the wrong Korea. We have never dominated South Korea in the previous decade. Even when we won in Tehran with Queroz they were the ones dominating play. Iran vs Korea is 50-50 imo whether in Tehran or in Korea. Maybe a slight edge can be given to the home team but to think most Korea can hope for is a draw is dangerous. They eliminated Germany in the last world cup, in 2002 they beat Italy and Spain. Yes, for sure this is a completely different team but we can not down play Korea. They are not like the other teams in the group. We certainly can win and have a slight edge due to homefield but to say Korea has no chance is so so wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                I think you are talking about the wrong Korea. We have never dominated South Korea in the previous decade. Even when we won in Tehran with Queroz they were the ones dominating play. Iran vs Korea is 50-50 imo whether in Tehran or in Korea. Maybe a slight edge can be given to the home team but to think most Korea can hope for is a draw is dangerous. They eliminated Germany in the last world cup, in 2002 they beat Italy and Spain. Yes, for sure this is a completely different team but we can not down play Korea. They are not like they other teams in the group. We certainly can win and have a slight edge due to homefield but to say Korea has no chance is so so wrong.
                Go watch the 2018 WCQ game in Tehran again my friend, it’s on youtube. That was total dominance by Iran from start to finish.
                South Korea didn’t have one single opportunity during the game, while we should have scored atleast 3. Underrated game, and CQ best performance with Iran IMO.
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

^^ You are right. This was actually our best game against them in a while. I was mistaken with our 2014 win in Tehran.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                    ^^ You are right. This was actually our best game against them in a while. I was mistaken with our 2014 win in Tehran.
                    I agree about the 2014 WCQ Tehran game, we were extremely lucky to win that game.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

I personally think this is the biggest match for the Shoja-Kanaani duo in the back. For the most part, they have been untested against Arab teams.
                      Now they'll get a true test against attackers the caliber of Son and Hwang!

Comment

I also strongly believe this will be a draw, either 0-0 or 1-1, which I won't mind at all.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          Having our lady lions cheering our boys on will be enough motivation to win this match. Couple that with the Azadi atmosphere and it will be a terrifying lions den for the visiting team. Iran for the win. All for TM!!!
                          Any word on how much capacity is allowed into the stadium?

Is it still 10k with proof of vaccination?

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            I agree about the 2014 WCQ Tehran game, we were extremely lucky to win that game.
                            I remembered I screamed like a girl when Nekounam scored that goal against them lol

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                              I remembered I screamed like a girl when Nekounam scored that goal against them lol
                              Is there by any chance a video of that scene?

Comment

@nmssis

Greetings.

In years past, the South Korea section of bigscoccer seemed pretty well frequented, but seems largely vacated now.

What forum do SK fans hang out these days?

Comment

Working...
                                X