Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Korea; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (12.10.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These stats are bogus.
    What counts as shots on goal?
    To me hitting the cross bar counts as one.
    Lets see
    we scored one, Taremi had a shot , Sardar had one, two shots hit the wood work. That's 5, I can remember on top of my head.
    Another stat is the possession, To me just passing around in the field is means crap.
    Number of passes, If the ball is in not forward it means less,
    I saw it in previous game also, UAE spending 2 minutes passing around and loose the ball in the first forward pass.
    I saw us trying to make the key passes, sometimes they don't work, but when they work you score.
    In summary, the only stat that is important is the final score

Comment

One other point, when was the last time we actually came back from being down in score?

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
        One other point, when was the last time we actually came back from being down in score?
        No sure how long you’ve been following our football, but our TM has been notorious for these come backs (except for Wilmots days)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          Keano jan i think its the new system that skocic has started to use. 4-4-2 - With 2 deffensive MD (ahmadnoor and ezza) playing in center . Its mainly deffensive system and we are really lazy in compressing the opponent . Specially against SK we didn't really compress them. I think once we reach a point where skocic feels safe (e.g. after 2 win + 1 draw) , then he'll start playing more attacking football. We will see more of ghoddos and ghaedi after 3 matches . Hopefully we can win syria and lebanon to secure the spot for WC22.
          I certainly hope the last part of your reply will take place. Because right now our offense line os not as effective and lethal as we would have wanted it to be, while our defense lacks its past 8 years’ dominance and impenetrability

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            Hate seeing us getting outplayed in all stats. Dammit not a single edge in anything, but fouls, yellow cards and offsides

Keano jaan,

I am sure many felt similarly when we played against Japan in the 2019 Asian Cup, especially when they looked at the stats and saw they were outnumbered in almost every stat.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
              Skocic sort of reminds me of Branko of TM coaching era who would not wanna touch his starting line up, no would he risk playing younger talents.
              Keano jaan,

This not true by any means as both Branko and Skocic did risk playing younger talents. Skocic trusted/gave a chance to Omid Noorafkan over Milad Mohmmadi, gave Sarlak a chance, gave Ghayedi his debut, and gave Hardani his debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                Keano jaan,

This not true by any means as both Branko and Skocic did risk playing younger talents. Skocic trusted/gave a chance to Omid Noorafkan over Milad Mohmmadi, gave Sarlak a chance, gave Ghayedi his debut, and gave Hardani his debut.
                LC jaan, inam not sure if you did follow our football in the 2004-2006 era, but Branko almost never changed the line up. I am not necessarily criticizing him for that matter. In fact I was always a supporter of him while many would opt to bash the man for not inviting some of our then promising players such as Mobali (many linked it to Daei’s wrath at Mobali because of Mobali’s infamous foul on Daei in the supercup of Saba vs Foolad)

Nevertheless I have nothing against Skocic, as a matter of fact I like the man. I, as an inexpert football fan and TM longtime lover question some of his decisions. Am I certain that I am right? Absolutely not. Just voicing some of my own concerns.

Nevertheless viva TM and Iranian football!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  Keano jaan,

I am sure many felt similarly when we played against Japan in the 2019 Asian Cup, especially when they looked at the stats and saw they were outnumbered in almost every stat.
                  While I do not wanna disagree with you on this as I do kot have a clear recollection of that match, but as far as I can remember we did not really outnumber them in stats. But I am curious to do some research on that depressive match.

Comment

LOL AT son korean player
                    test positive for corona
                    after he played in iran.

Comment

Working...
                    X