Iran vs UAE post match ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
    Yes he’s really developed a lot and it all makes sense now why Carlos would play him so often, and why he’s dominating in Portugal. The fact that him and Azmoun work well together is such a blessing too
    He has improved in all categories. Physically he is enormous now, our best player physically. Endurance is insane. He really maximized physical potential in portugal.

His finishing ofc cannot be compared to before. He misses max 1 big chance and makes sure to score the next.

But most surprising, his dribbling! His footwork is so good for somebody so lanky/awkward, and he can do it at high pace. This is something that I think really comes from confidence he achieved in porto specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      I think we need him to have less offensive responsibility. I agree with you, energy, pressing, interceptions high up the field are his strength. Lets do something that allows him to show his strengths and minimize his weakness. His weakness objectively is football IQ, pass selection, beating press, controlling tempo. Ghoddos gives you all those 3 things and you can make equation easy for Ahmad, do your running and dirty work, make simple 5-10 yard passes to saeid or to ghoddos.
      and you have to see since he is paired with Saeid, Saeid also play better, during Wilmots time, he had to cover more field, and that is not his game. They make a good duo, Nour can sometime push attack, and when team need more defense they can add Sarlak, Ali Karimi(when healthy), etc

Comment

There were those who performed a little better than others in the team today, but individual ratings don't really tell the story of what happened today. I think, the team, overall was not together and lacked a clear game plan.

Our defense had a few lapses, Thank you VAR!!, midfield wasn't really engaged in building attacks, it sat back a lot and was happy playing the width, our wings were slow, lost possession often and couldn't really deliver healthy balls. Our strikers lacked sharpness and didn't appear to have that eye of the tiger for putting the ball past the goal line. Sardar's confidence level has been low during the past two games. The penalty he took, could have been the boost he needed, but with the miss, his goal drought depression for TM will continue. I doubt if he is going to be fit for Korea game. Coach needs to seriously think about whether he wants to start him off. Taremi had his usual share of misses but I have to say he has been saving TM ass 4 games in the row. As for the coaching staff, they were definitely outperformed by the Dutch guy. The UAE couch had a well thought-out game plan. He just didn't have the arsenal to execute better. This will not be the case with Korea.

The better performers: Kanani, Ezat and Gholi
        The not so good performers: Moharrami, Noorafkan, Amiri, ARJ, and Azmoun

Comment

Unpopular opinions I have: I thought Nourollahi had a really good game today and I want to see Hajsafi start over Noorafkan (Iranian Guendouzi) vs South Korea due to his experience.

Comment

I was pleased with Moharrami for the first time in TM, he was out position only one or two times, but other than that his feet was moving, he made lots of combination move from lateral. Impressive game by him.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
              Dude what is your beef with Skocic. We are top of the table, no goals conceded and on a 10 game winning streak. Do you understand Iran is under extreme international pressure, sanctioned to insane economic thresholds, and no big name coach will be stupid enough to deal with the headaches that comes with IFF. We should thank our lucky stars we've come this far with Skocic and he is getting us results. On top of that, what a great image IFF would set by sacking a coach who is actually getting results?
              They should have hired an Iranian coach. There are better coaches in Iran than Skocic. They should have done whatever it takes to bring Yahya. They brought a midtable IPL coach. What kind of football is this? This is not sustainable against teams who don’t have cab drivers for CBs… Definitely won’t get results in a World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                and you have to see since he is paired with Saeid, Saeid also play better, during Wilmots time, he had to cover more field, and that is not his game. They make a god duo, Nour can sometime push attack, and when team need more defense they can add Sarlak, Ali Karimi(when healthy), etc
                Yes. IS classic combo and same as CQ time. Saeid sits, ahmad ranges. Before it was omid who had better playmaking skills than nourollahi, smarter passing. To compensate you need a more technical player. That is ghoddos. He is fit, he can run his ass off too like we saw in his start vs very strong aston villa side, and most importantly he knows when and where to play the ball. IT will make saeid, nour, and the front 3 look much better if skocic just trusts him more.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  Yes. IS classic combo and same as CQ time. Saeid sits, ahmad ranges. Before it was omid who had better playmaking skills than nourollahi, smarter passing. To compensate you need a more technical player. That is ghoddos. He is fit, he can run his ass off too like we saw in his start vs very strong aston villa side, and most importantly he knows when and where to play the ball. IT will make saeid, nour, and the front 3 look much better if skocic just trusts him more.
                  Now this has to be tested against good asian team, and half decent european, same as CB.

Comment

I like Skocik but I would give him a big fat "ZERO" for his coaching and his substitutions today. Keeping Jahanbakhsh on the pitch after the start of second half, while you have many options on the bench, makes me really worried about having him as our TM coach. I hope he will do better in the future games.

Comment

Taremi. That is all.

Comment

Yes, we all have to accept, JB is not shadow of the player who killed it in Dutch league, unfortunetly few years of warming the bench drained his confidence, and i doubt he ever become the player he was before, tbh, i don't even think he deserves to start in TM. Still lives with his old reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                          Dude what is your beef with Skocic. We are top of the table, no goals conceded and on a 10 game winning streak. Do you understand Iran is under extreme international pressure, sanctioned to insane economic thresholds, and no big name coach will be stupid enough to deal with the headaches that comes with IFF. We should thank our lucky stars we've come this far with Skocic and he is getting us results. On top of that, what a great image IFF would set by sacking a coach who is actually getting results?
                          I was recently overseas and speaking to an Iranian from Iran. He asked me: how do people in the US view Iran? And I responded that the west views Iran as troublemakers. He said he disagrees and that they see Iran as competitors, pointing to the fact that western media is always mentioning us in their news.
                          I laughed at this because it reminded me of a story my mom told me as a kid about the Fox and the crow. The hungry fox sees a piece of cheese in the crow’s mouth and says to the crow, you sing beautifully! The crow feels good about this and starts to sing, cheese falling out of his mouth and the fox gets what he wants.
                          The point is that no Iranian should be proud of Iran’s perceived accomplishments despite sanctions, because there is no accomplishment to be proud of. In the meantime, the west flatters Iran by always mentioning it in the news, but then allowing it’s trade partner such as China to take advantage of Iran’s resources. Mizane tu sare Iran mige give your oil to China, your seas to Russia, and deals with those two countries behind back doors to get concessions out of them while leveraging Iran’s resources and turning a blind eye to the unfair trade practices that these countries partipate in with Iran.

These sanctions are NOT helping Iran. We shouldn’t just think about where Iran *could* be and should think about how to get where its people want it to be.

Comment

VAR DOOSET DARAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              Yes, we all have to accept, JB is not shadow of the player who killed it in Dutch league, unfortunetly few years of warming the bench drained his confidence, and i doubt he ever become the player he was before, tbh, i don't even think he deserves to start in TM. Still lives with his old reputation.
                              Just confirms and rectifies what aghaye Graham Potter and I told you all! MAALI NIST! Smh...

Vaghean sad rahmat be aghaye Graham Potter!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                Just confirms and rectifies what aghaye Graham Potter and I told you all! MAALI NIST! Smh...

Vaghean sad rahmat be aghaye Graham Potter!
                                I think he is not that good that we might think. He had an excellent season in AZ (over performed maybe). But I think he don't have the natural technical talents that some others player have. He is maybe too scholar, so I guess it works out when everything around you goes well but may not be enough if the opponent is stronger or your team don't do too well.

Comment

Working...
                                X