Iran vs UAE post match ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
    Captain does not mean the best player, ARJ has a calm temperament and leadership qualities on top of being able to communicate well with ref and players, That is what makes him captain material.
    I did not say captain should be the best player, but rather someone who deserves starting most matches

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
      Agree but they need to be good enough to start.. Jahanbakhsh has the potential to be captain, but he's currently on too poor of a form to even be in the lineup

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      because of one bad performance? He scored our winning goals against Iraq and Syria..
      You just got Caged
      K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

because of one bad performance? He scored our winning goals against Iraq and Syria..
        No, I just don’t think as him as a player who should starts over some other players, I see you have a different opinion on him than me and I respect that

Comment

He's been on really poor form for Feyenoord since the Iraq game, and just based off of that shouldn't have started vs UAE since we have more in form players such as Gholizadeh.

And overall he's never been one of our best/most consistent players. What I'm really trying to say here is that a player must have the personality as well as consistent good performances to be captain. Jahanbakhsh doesn't fit the bill yet when it comes to having enough strong performances for teammelli. Taremi would have been a better choice for captain in my opinion.

Comment

He's been on really poor form for Feyenoord since the Iraq game, and just based off of that shouldn't have started vs UAE since we have more in form players such as Gholizadeh.

And overall he's never been one of our best/most consistent players. What I'm really trying to say here is that a player must have the personality as well as consistent good performances to be captain. Jahanbakhsh doesn't fit the bill yet when it comes to having enough strong performances for teammelli. Taremi would have been a better choice for captain in my opinion.

Gholizadeh coming from the bench would be more effective than JB.
            Condemning JB for a poor feyenoord form but calling for playing time for a kid is wasting his time in the mickey mouse dubai league is funny.

Comment

This is where a tactician like CQ would know or adapt to what needs to be done. Skocic lacks depth of experience and it shows. I believe a lot of our hard fought wins iare due in part to what CQ did for TM in 8 years. We got to give the man that.

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
                Who made ARJ a captain? He should not even start, giving captaincy to someone, it even makes it difficult for some coaches not to start them. Again he is not a captain caliber
                I think it's just compensation for when Wilmots dropped him from the team entirely, so they made him captain as some sort of resolution.

Comment

Moharrami in baar az nazare jesmi be nazare man kheili amadehtar bood va khoob kaar kard.

Az amalkardesh khosham omad.
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
                    Who made ARJ a captain? He should not even start, giving captaincy to someone, it even makes it difficult for some coaches not to start them. Again he is not a captain caliber
                    ARJ is and has always been the model of professional behavior. Every single coach he has had made a point of discussing this with the media.
                    The example he sets with avoiding drama and maintaining unity is huge for our team.

For me, our new coach actually has a lot of the same qualities as Carlos. He knows that the key to success for our team is to maintain discipline and avoid hashieh ( although Carlos sometimes would get into this game as he was a master of mental war fare). Giving ARJ the armband is in line with this thinking.

Also, creative players by nature have on and off games as they take more risks. ARJ had 2 good games and one bad one. We have no player that is clearly head and shoulders above ARJ so if you take into account his experience and professionalism in addition to the talent he has, he should be a starter.
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                      Goes to show that sometimes you have slightly above average players like ARJ grind their ass off and make it to the premier league while guys like PAG who are (no offense to ARJ) naturally better football players, waste their careers playing in the Chinese league...

I love ARJ and he was my MOTM against Iraq but today's game showed that his game is quite limited...
                      Good post. Credit where credit's due IA11 jan.

You are being fair, honest, down-to-earth and open-minded and not many would admit that or go against their own bias (not just in this forum, but IRL) which I 100% respect.

Comment

he's a really good team player but come on he's too sadeh to be the representative of team melli

Comment

Originally posted by theworldgamer View Post
                          I think we should thank our stars Mehdi and Sardar and ARJ.

Can you actually highlight what the coach has done compared to two or three years ago?
                          Funny how individual talent and brilliance was NOT the case under Wilmots' footballing regime, now all of a sudden it's individual talent and brilliance that's carrying us under Skocic's footballing regime.

Comment

Originally posted by theworldgamer View Post
                            I think we should thank our stars Mehdi and Sardar and ARJ.

Can you actually highlight what the coach has done compared to two or three years ago?
                            Actually doing decent substitutions for a start. Not losing his cool is also a good attribute. Believing that CQ left a good foundation is also another point (instead of completely revamping). People keep bringing up Yahya's name as a candidate...did he even show interest or acknowledge if he even wanted the position? Skocic is a decent coach, he is getting the job done and appears to be navigating the volatile waters of Iranian football well. Let him finish the job. He starts losing like Wilmots did, then he deserves to get sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              Good post. Credit where credit's due IA11 jan.

You are being fair, honest, down-to-earth and open-minded and not many would admit that or go against their own bias (not just in this forum, but IRL) which I 100% respect.
                              Thanks. I've always been an ARJ fan and I still love his character and awesome personality... His games against Syria and Iraq were arguably his best two games to date for team melli, but I just don't think he meets the expectations given... I gave him the benefit of the doubt in Brighton since he was playing in a top league, but even now with Feyenoord he has also lost form and hasn't been performing well there either.

I don't think he should get dropped 100%, but I hope we can implement other guys and see how they play as well...

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                                ^ somehow he's not a fan of Ghoddos.
                                Seriously man! He is a quality player specially in 2nd halfs when other team is tired . I mean we complain about brentford not giving him play time but even our own coach doesn't give him play time!

Don't get me wrong I have been supporting skocic from day one and will be supporting him until he is our NT manager .

Comment

Working...
                                X