No announcement yet.

QSL & UAE league legionnaires 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Rodriguez has joined Al-Rayyan and will play alongside Shoja.
    https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/s...14840989466634

Comment

Shoja Khalilzadeh was at fault for two goals today against Al-Sadd.. Had some really questionable defending.

If someone has the clip (I believe it was on instagram) please post it!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Shoja Khalilzadeh was at fault for two goals today against Al-Sadd.. Had some really questionable defending.

If someone has the clip (I believe it was on instagram) please post it!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcH7pCcpj2I

Comment

He could have cleared the ball better on those two instances, every player can have an off day. So far Shoja has been outstanding for TM.

Comment

Shoja would be good for TM in games against Asian countries but I would be scared to have him go up against European nations. I would feel more comfortable with Majid in those cases.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
              Shoja would be good for TM in games against Asian countries but I would be scared to have him go up against European nations. I would feel more comfortable with Majid in those cases.
              Yeah, no thanks. Majid is a liability who cost us 3 valuable points against Bahrain because he could not time his tackle properly, costed Trabzonspor with his boneheaded actions in the title race in 2019-2020 season which led him to being blacklisted from the team, and nearly costed us against Oman. I am happy Majid lost his starting place for TM, should have never been anywhere near TM in the first place. I am more than satisfied with the Kanaani - Shoja pairing. I always think to myself if another team had a Taremi or a speedy winger they would target Majid. Why? Because he lacks footballing IQ and could easily win a penalty out of him.

Comment

Kanaani is a special breed but between Majid and Shoja, I think it's a difficult choice of choosing the least worst option. All 3 are an absolute liability that will without doubt be found out on the big stage once we're facing respectable players and without a genius in charge to develop a system to cover for their deficiencies. South Korea will more than likely demonstrate this.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                  Kanaani is a special breed but between Majid and Shoja, I think it's a difficult choice of choosing the least worst option. All 3 are an absolute liability that will without doubt be found out on the big stage once we're facing respectable players and without a genius in charge to develop a system to cover for their deficiencies. South Korea will more than likely demonstrate this.
                  We really need PAG back he hands our most composed and best CB with the most experience as well

Comment

well if you think majid has dumb moments (not doubting he does or else his career wouldnt have nosedived how it did despite the fact he has very solid tools to be a top 5 league cb) then kanani is not much better.

Vs Japan he was the one who ran to the ref immediately like a moron and left the ball. He is such a loose cannon that Bagheri had to step on field and slap him so he could regain control. He is by no means much better than majid, I think atm he is getting the nod simply bc he has a longstanding partnership with shoja and they compliment each other decently.

As Taz says, none of these players can play in an open system vs the worlds best. Their 1v1 deficiencies, weakness to make correct passing choices under pressure, and general defensive decision making will all be expsoed if they are not extensively covered by 2 strongs DMs and full backs who are not participating much in the offensive side of the game.

PAG is by far our best and most complete cb, his club choices have been truly shocking and looks like his TM career will probably peter out after this latest injury + time in Shenzhen wilderness.

Given all these factors, plus shojas being over 32, if majid can regain a regular playing spot even in turkey and slowly rebuild his euro career he has decent chance to be the TM starter either at WC or after that, simply by virtue of a lack of options and his relatively young age.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                      Yeah, no thanks. Majid is a liability who cost us 3 valuable points against Bahrain because he could not time his tackle properly, costed Trabzonspor with his boneheaded actions in the title race in 2019-2020 season which led him to being blacklisted from the team, and nearly costed us against Oman. I am happy Majid lost his starting place for TM, should have never been anywhere near TM in the first place. I am more than satisfied with the Kanaani - Shoja pairing. I always think to myself if another team had a Taremi or a speedy winger they would target Majid. Why? Because he lacks footballing IQ and could easily win a penalty out of him.
                      Agreed, Shoja, Morteza, Aref and Hossein are the top 4 defenders atm. Majid had a solid world cup but has been dissapointing ever since.

Comment

I will quote this post after TM has played South Korea and Shoja and Hossein (the strongest CD duo in Asia) have put Premier League star Son Heung Premier in their pocket.

Comment

Tbh, I wasn't really impressed with South Korea this time around and Son never turns up for Korea how he does for Spurs.

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                          Agreed, Shoja, Morteza, Aref and Hossein are the top 4 defenders atm. Majid had a solid world cup but has been dissapointing ever since.
                          Yeah, those are my 4 choices too. Hopefully PAG recovers well from that nasty injury and gets his form back. Shame he's chasing checks and didn't really have of a career in Europe, but I guess I understand it in his case.

Comment

PAG is our best central defender by far but his club choices and recent injury (ACL tears are no joke) make it seem like his starting spot is slowly fading away with time.

I want to give Shoja the benefit of the doubt and say today was a bad game, but man, those two goals he gave up today were pretty bad.. Not to mention the chance he gave up to Omar Khribin against Syria. Still, I will give him the benefit of the doubt... Especially considering his consistent performances with Persepolis and Team Melli in 2020 and 2021

Kanaani on the other hand, I have always been skeptical about, but his games against Syria and Iraq were actually two of the strongest I've seen from his thus far.

Aref Aghasi has a bright future, I definitely think he belongs in the current top four with Shoja, Kanaani, and Majid Hosseini

I wouldn't sleep on Majid Hosseini either.. He had an excellent game today and if he stays healthy and gets his confidence back, he can be a very very solid CB and IMO worthy of starting for Team Melli in the future

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                              twitter.com/GolBezan
                              instagram.com/GolBezan
                              youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
                                The only way we heard about him in qatar is when he scored a PK. Cannot do more?

Comment

Working...
                                X