AFC Women's Asian Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Paramount Plus (subscription required) will broadcast the matches live in the US. Iran will be facing the hosts India on January 20 (next Thursday) at 9:00 am EST (NY). https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/...ens-asian-cup/ This is the first time that Iranian women have made it to the final stage of AFC Women's Asian Cup.

Team will leave Tehran for India with a charter flight tomorrow. Here is an AFC recent story https://www.the-afc.com/en/national/..._chances_.html Our women are truly resilient and I stand for them to stun the world with their performance.

Go Women's TM!

Comment

Woman TM wearing new merooj sweatshirt. Hopefully we got them for TM with a nice kit design

Comment

Skocic: we're looking forward to the good news from the women's national team in the tournament

Last edited by St_Mark; 01-15-2022, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Final List of 23 players.

زهره کودایی، مریم یکتایی و عارفه سیدکاظمی، سمانه چهکندی، فاطمه امینه برازجانی، بهناز طاهرخانی
            ، ملیکا متولی، زهرا سربالی، ملیکا محمدی، نگین زندی، افسانه چترنور، هاجر دباغی، فاطمه عادلی،
            مرضیه نیکخواه، سارا ظهرابی نیا، ثنا صادقی، الهام فرهمند، یاسمن فرمانی،
            زهره جلالی، غزاله بنی طالبی، زهرا معصومی

Comment

Just saw the new merooj kit for women TM.
              Look cheap with a lot of space between merooj and IFF logo.

Hopefully we will get better for TM, but generally IPL clubs have better kit than NT

Comment

^ is it settled that Merooj going to make the TM kits now or is it still not decided about the brand?

I actualy realy like our latest Uhlsports but its alwayz exhiting to se a new kit..
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                  ^ is it settled that Merooj going to make yhe TM kits now or is it still not decided about the brand?
                  Women TM wear merooj since two days ago. I guess we will get the same for our senior TM

Comment

Here is the kit :

Comment

cool kit at first 3 second glance!
                      then starts to irritate me bigtime..
                      idk they should maybe get sone red in the green and make a 3 colour flag of it but interesting design atleast.
                      dont know how much Iran it sais though with only the green,
                      and as the green comes from startingpoint the merooj M mark it draws to much attention to the mark itself.

i believe in a NT dress the mark should be descret and not the center of attention. it drives the eyes attention to the mark to much, also that they put iff logo in the green it blends in vs merooj M popping black against the white. cant barwly see its iran flag since green blens with green.. so poorly made

so in that way, its pure amateurish brand marketing going on. the green that centers the kit on the chest should not start from the M mark like that.
                      as the zoom in (green gets smaller and points" the M mark its realy shitty national team design actualy. eaven if its somewhat a cool kit.
                      not impressive at all by merooj, kind of disrespectful in a branding way eaven. it should be like heey cool kit, i wonder what the maark is, oh there small on the chest. not ok i se first of all a big M..
                      realy hope they have something more proffessional for the mens TM and that they do something about the WTM dress.'
                      the uhlsport atleast was cool and had those beutiful marks on the shoulder popping the kit,

hope we are not going back to those shameful daei, majid and whatever the names of the mark was, days, with the homemade kits..
                      remember the rainbow numbers and all other shitty tm shirts? (before rainbow colours got a new meaning)
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Here is the kit :
                        It’s ok for something made in a month not great, guess since these are made in Iran they have more designs available to make a unique design for TM. Although, I think it’s also IFF fault they pick the most simple cheapest design available.

Comment

We want to make history in 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup: Zohreh Koudaei

TEHRAN – Iran’s women’s football team goalkeeper Zohreh Koudaei says that they want to make history once again in the Asian football stage.

Iran pulled off a stunning upset in late September to qualify for their first ever AFC Women’s Asian Cup.

Maryam Irandoost’s girls defeated Jordan 4-2 on penalties after a goalless draw to book their place in India. Koudaei saved two penalties and helped Iran to qualify for the 2022 Women’s Asian Cup. The match had ended in a goalless draw but was decided on penalties.

“We are well-prepared for the competition and want to make history once again. Our team held a nine-day training camp in Kish Island prior to the campaign. I think the camp was very helpful,” she added.

The goalie was accused of being a man by the Jordan Football Association after the qualifying match and they submitted a "gender verification check", which was then rejected by the AFC.

“I would like to thank all the people who supported me during the tough times. Now, it’s over and I am looking forward to do my best in the AFC Women’s Asian Cup.

“We have been drawn along with China, who are eight-time winners. India, as hosts, will be a difficult opponent and Chinese Taipei are also strong. But we want to make our nation proud in the competition,” Koudaei stated.

Iran will start the competition with a match against India in Group A on Jan. 20.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/469...ian-Cup-Zohreh

Comment

We need more of this, on and off the field. Iranian women's voices have been absent from Iranian football for far too long. Go Women TM!

Ps. They sang the same song on the bus after they qualified!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Here is the kit :
                              We have excellent designers in Iran. This design does not look at all.
                              A child could do a better job.

We should design our own kits and produce them also inside of Iran.
                              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

AFC Women's Asian Cup

^ it doesn’t look that bad despite the long sleeves, hat and that stupid scarf. Add your imagination and picture it with an Iranian beauty they way they should naturally shine without the Islamic filters.
                                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Working...
                                X