Futsal World cup is about to start!!!! SEP 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Will Tayyebi be back for next round / after that? Whats his status.
    He was out with a bruised rib if I recall correctly. Nothing joint/ligament/muscle related that could keep him from performing to his full potential.

Comment

Kazakhstan is ranked 7 in the world so they are no walkover

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
        Kazakhstan is ranked 7 in the world so they are no walkover
        There is no walkover after the group stages. Though the coach likely prefers one bracket to another. I will hold my judgement on his decision to go for a tie against Argentina until we see how the boys progress. if they do well and make it to the final, his decision will be genius.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            There is no walkover after the group stages. Though the coach likely prefers one bracket to another. I will hold my judgement on his decision to go for a tie against Argentina until we see how the boys progress. if they do well and make it to the final, his decision will be genius.
            I think that was the correct decision. Although Uzbeks have improved, I think Paraguay would be more difficult.

And then there is the bonus of not facing Brazil if we get that far.

p.s. The group F table on the FIFA website shows the wrong goals for/against for Iran!

Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Round 16 match against Uzb this Friday 9/24 at 7:30am PST

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                  Disallowing Iran's last gasp goal shows how FIFA operates. That was a legit goal but the heartbreak should of course always be for the underdogs. But in my opinion Uzbekistan is way better than Paraguay so be it.

Iran played much better after conceding. We showed some of our game today and I am sure we are playing a tactical tournament overall which is good.
                  Not only the disallowing of the goal was questionable, but look at FIFA's table of standing for Group F. Iran in second place with 7 GF and 11 GA, goal difference of -4. These a.h. cannot even count. How the hell did Iran conceded 11 goals?

Comment

After this world cup, I guess is a big thank and goodbye for HassanZadeh, Esmailepour, Tavakoli, Fakheem, SangSefidi, may be even Javid and Tayyebi ... Fresh blood is needed.

Comment

Highlights:

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Three (and technically four) Asian teams are in one of the brackets.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Some exciting clashes in the KO-stages, i have followed most of the games so far.

Venezuela-Morocco. Win for Morocco, they have surprised me so far.
                          Brazil-Japan. Easy win for Brazil.
                          Russia-Vietnam. Easy win for Russia.
                          Argentina-Paraguay. Hard one to predict. Either a big win for Argentina or an extremely close game. I will not miss this game!
                          Spain-Czech Republic. Easy win for Spain.
                          Portugal-Serbia. I predict a tight game, Serbia might upset Portugal here.
                          Uzbekistan-Iran. We'll beat them by 2 goals.
                          Kazakhstan-Thailand. Kazakhstan to win by 2 goals.

What are your predictions?
                          Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                            Some exciting clashes in the KO-stages, i have followed most of the games so far.

Argentina-Paraguay. Hard one to predict. Either a big win for Argentina or an extremely close game. I will not miss this game!

Since you've followed most of the games so far, how do you see our chances at reaching the semis and even finals?

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                              Since you've followed most of the games so far, how do you see our chances at reaching the semis and even finals?
                              Very good chances of reaching semifinals, i would say. We have yet to play at our best level( like 2016 WC) but i think we'll step it up at the KO-stages.
                              We should beat Uzbekistan comfortably( i rank them 3rd in asia behind Iran and Japan). Kazakhstan will be tricky, but we're a better team overall.

To get to the final we'll likely need to beat Spain. I would say it's 60-40 in favor of Spain.
                              Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post

Venezuela-Morocco. Pretty even, but I would give the edge to Venezuela. They defend well.
                                Brazil-Japan. Brazil.
                                Russia-Vietnam. Russia.
                                Argentina-Paraguay. Argentina
                                Spain-Czech Republic. Spain.
                                Portugal-Serbia. Portugal.
                                Uzbekistan-Iran. Of course Iran.
                                Kazakhstan-Thailand. Kazakhstan is better, but Thailand play with a lot of heart. I am going for the upset win for Thailand.
                                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Working...
                                X