Futsal World cup is about to start!!!! SEP 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
    I can find several teams in the current knock out stage on that list which are way lower ranked than us, I am not sure what you are talking about? Iran is ranked 5th?
    He means the ranking of our opponent, not us.
    Uzbekistan is ranked the 2nd weakest.
    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Ranking don't mean hell of a lot! .. all teams making it this far are strong teams and capable of upsetting their opponents.

Comment

FWIW we beat Serbia 4-2, USA 4-2. Serbia beat USA 7-0.

Comment

https://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=539603
          According to this article they will take an X-Ray from Tayyebi's ribs to determine if he can play the next matches.
          Fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MehdiKing View Post
            https://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=539603
            According to this article they will take an X-Ray from Tayyebi's ribs to determine if he can play the next matches.
            Fingers crossed!!!
            Cool, but a bruised rib is not going to show much on an x-ray (unless he actually broke his rib). It will be based on his medical/subjective ability to withstand any discomfort pain with movement, breathing etc, that will determine if he can play. The radiology is almost irrelevant here if he's still in pain/discomfort.

Comment

Comment

^You can argue that by losing (or tieing) against Argentina, TM avoided Brazil, Russia, and Argentina in the top half of the bracket. Obviously we still have to contend with either Spain/Portugal in our side of the bracket, but basically not seeing a traditional heavy weight until the semi-finals would be an "easier" route. Fingers crossed the plan pays off!

Comment

^ I agree 100%. I think Nazemoshria is taking a wise approach understanding they have a long way to go and they could possibly get Tayebi back if they go long enough. Of course we would not have faced Argentina since they would have traded places with us. To tell you the truth, the two red cards have given two key players (Ahmadi and Samimi) more rest. Thankfully the federation has provided a lot of good medical equipment for recovery and treating injuries. See this video. They have provided the similar equipment for the women's TM in Uzbekistan. It's amazing that we did not have this before and went all the way to WC third place in 2016.

Go TM Futsal!

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/9496/%D9%88%...B3%D8%A7%D9%84

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    Cool, but a bruised rib is not going to show much on an x-ray (unless he actually broke his rib). It will be based on his medical/subjective ability to withstand any discomfort pain with movement, breathing etc, that will determine if he can play. The radiology is almost irrelevant here if he's still in pain/discomfort.
                    It's actually a fractured rib. It's healing. I think the best bet is semi-final match on September 30. Nazemosharia says here that they are monitoring him closely to see if it is healing. He has a lot less pain. diz jaan is the doctor here yet I also know that actual bone growth will show on x-ray.

Go TM Futsal!

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/9578/%D9%85%...AA%DB%8C%D9%85

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                      He means the ranking of our opponent, not us.
                      Uzbekistan is ranked the 2nd weakest.
                      Thank you!

Comment

First we have to beat Uzbeks then we will worry about next opponent. Uzbeks is a much improved team. Won't be easy! .. Iran got to put the big guns on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                          First we have to beat Uzbeks then we will worry about next opponent. Uzbeks is a much improved team. Won't be easy! .. Iran got to put the big guns on the field.
                          Always good to overestimate your opponents and be ready for a tough match.

Having said that, Uzbeks only got 3 points out of their group. Also, Iran and Uzbekistan have met in three AFC Futsal Asian Cup finals, with Iran winning them all. Lastly, Uzbeks have never made it to the WC Futsal QF.

Comment

Comment

I think, of all potential Semi finalists, on paper, Iran has the easiest path.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                                I think, of all potential Semi finalists, on paper, Iran has the easiest path.
                                we are sarvar.

Comment

Working...
                                X