Fifa World Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
    Why do you say that? If 3 of the below teams don't make the WC then we will be in Pot 2 assuming we maintain our rank. So there's still a decent chance

Chile (FIFA rank 21)

Wales (FIFA rank 19)

Switzerland (FIFA rank 14)

Senegal (FIFA rank 20)

Sweden (FIFA rank 17)

Portugal (FIFA rank 8)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    There is a lot of if. 50% of the listed team would be huge and we won't have many friendlies to maintain easily our ranking

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
      Why do you say that? If 3 of the below teams don't make the WC then we will be in Pot 2 assuming we maintain our rank. So there's still a decent chance

Chile (FIFA rank 21)

Wales (FIFA rank 19)

Switzerland (FIFA rank 14)

Senegal (FIFA rank 20)

Sweden (FIFA rank 17)

Portugal (FIFA rank 8)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Given that Qatar is in Pod 1 for being the host, there are 7 pot one spots and eight pot to spots. So 15 teams. If three of the above teams drop out only means that there are still 18 teams that are ahead of us given our 22nd ranking. We need 7 of the 21 teams ahead of us not make it. Our best bet is to improve our rankings to something like 18th and hope 3 of the top 17 don't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        There is a lot of if. 50% of the listed team would be huge and we won't have many friendlies to maintain easily our ranking
        The drawing will probably be made very shortly after qualifiers are over, so the groups will already be decided on then. The friendlies leading up to the World Cup won't affect our seeding.

Comment

Fifa website used to have a calculator for the upcoming matches to see how a team would rank in future rankings, based on their most recent results. I don't see it anymore. Obviously, it also depends on how other teams do, but it would be nice to know what the max points are for Iran after they Syria match (presuming a win against Syria).

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Fifa website used to have a calculator for the upcoming matches to see how a team would rank in future rankings, based on their most recent results. I don't see it anymore. Obviously, it also depends on how other teams do, but it would be nice to know what the max points are for Iran after they Syria match (presuming a win against Syria).
            You can calculate the points yourself if you want.

I * (R-E)

I = Importance of match
            R = Result (Win = 1, Draw = 0.5, Loss = 0)
            E = Expected Result (1/(10^(-D/600)) +1)
            D = Difference between teams’ points before match

Importance:
            5 = Friendly outside of international window
            10 = Friendly in international window
            15 = Nations League group match
            25 = Nations league knockout stage
            25 = World Cup and Confederation Cup Qualifying
            35 = Confederation Cup until quarterfinal
            40 = Confederation Cup quarterfinal and after
            50 = World Cup until quarterfinal
            60 = World Cup quarterfinal and after

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
              Given that Qatar is in Pod 1 for being the host, there are 7 pot one spots and eight pot to spots. So 15 teams. If three of the above teams drop out only means that there are still 18 teams that are ahead of us given our 22nd ranking. We need 7 of the 21 teams ahead of us not make it. Our best bet is to improve our rankings to something like 18th and hope 3 of the top 17 don't make it.
              since qatar is pot 1
              any possibility we can be in that group

Comment

Based on the formula above and FIFA Elo rating of 1830 for Iran and 1428 for Syria, Iran gets a 4 point gain for a win, an 8 point drop for a tie and a 21 point drop for a loss. That is assuming this game gets the 25 point importance value.

Comment

Originally posted by kateb View Post
                  since qatar is pot 1
                  any possibility we can be in that group
                  That should officially be the weakest group so that would be a huge advantage to end up there for any team and as we know them better than the rest of the world, it would be our wild card to go to the 2nd round for the first time in history and considering Qatar will have a massive Iranian fans presence, Iran has the support it needs to do well as well. I would pay for us to end up in Qatar's group. :-)

anyone's donating???
                  Last edited by webmaster; 11-14-2021, 10:08 PM.
                  __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

^I believe Iran (or any Asian team) would be excluded from Qatar's group due to the continental restrictions in the same group. Only Europe can have 2 teams in a group (since they have so many representatives).

Comment

Not getting friendlies has nothing to do with our ranking and every bit to do with the fact that Iran can't participate in the SWIFT system. Are you guys serious? This is elementary information. When IR drops their insistence of developing a nuclear bomb, we can have friendlies with respectable nations. Until then, tu chose khodemun dor mizanim.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                        That should officially be the weakest group so that would be a huge advantage to end up there for any team and as we know them better than the rest of the world, it would be our wild card to go to the 2nd round for the first time in history and considering Qatar will have a massive Iranian fans presence, Iran has the support it needs to do well as well. I would pay for us to end up in Qatar's group. :-)

anyone's donating???
                        thats only way we EVER EVER make it to 1/8
                        in me and u life time.
                        YES COUNT me in for donation.
                        but
                        i think there is a rule which wont put 2 asians in same group correct me if i am wrong.

imagine we are pot 2
                        we can be in a group

qatar
                        iran
                        russia
                        ecudor

Comment

in me and u life time.
                          but
                          i think there is a rule which wont put 2 asians in same group correct me if i am wrong.

imagine we are pot 2
                          we can be in a group

qatar
                          iran
                          russia
                          ecudor
                          Lucky other countries because whoever gets them has got themselves a wild card. As this could really be our real chance. Qatar was never in the heights for this tournament but nowadays money talks and BS walks. Even a short and bald guy gets the most beautiful chick due to to his cash stash. Not fair. [emoji6][emoji1][emoji2][emoji3]
                          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

Comment

in me and u life time.
                            but

imagine we are pot 2
                            we can be in a group

qatar
                            iran
                            russia
                            ecudor
                            We've already been among the final 16 in 1978.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

imagine we are pot 2
                              we can be in a group

qatar
                              iran
                              russia
                              ecudor
                              looool we will be sarvar!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                This website is for you (has calculator and daily updates)

https://football-ranking.com/

BTW we can't be in the same group as Qatar or any Asian team.

Comment

Working...
                                X