Honoring an Iranian legend; Mahdavikia on Twitter

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honoring an Iranian legend; Mahdavikia on Twitter

Administrator
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,394 Posts

Honoring an Iranian legend; Mahdavikia on Twitter

This thread on Twitter is quite interesting - with at least to me - some interesting posts;
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

some of my my favorite highlights;

-Mahdvaikia and Hashemian were playing against Ali Daei's Hertha Berlin, Kia as a fixed player was in the game from the start (while Daei and Hashemian were on the bench for each team) and in 62nd minute Daei came in when Berlin was behind by 3 goals. We were exited to see what Daei would do but 5 minutes later it was Kia who took another important step towards becoming a legend in Hamburg. In 67th minute when he was one-on-one with the goalie, instead of taking the shot he passed the ball to Praeger , to ensure Prager's hattrick. After scoring the goal, Prager took a knee and kissed Kia's boot.

-in its first game at the Champions League, Hamburg faced Juventus with players such as Zidane, Imzagjo. Del Piero, Van der Sar, Davids. Kia did everything in that game. When the team was behind (1-3), he won a penalty, scored a goal and one assist; proving why his boots must be kissed. The game ended in a draw; 4-4!
    (Hopefully, I will find the time to watch this game this weekend )
    Highlights; [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

However, his best season was the following year 2002/03 as Bundesliga's top assist (14), Hamburgs best player and Asia's Footballer of the Year. For example, in that year's win against Nurnberg he scored a goal and had 2 assist and achieved the perfect score of 1 from the Kicker magazine.

Kia is the only Iranian player, ever being a Captain of a European team in the Champions League, picked as the best player for the team 2 years in a row, and chosen for Hamburg's team of the century!

...After establishing Kia Academy and receiving Fifa's A License, he is now coaching Iran's U23. His positive steps at the club and national level gives us hope to reach the Olympics.
    Last edited by Under Lahaf; 09-09-2021 at 07:59 AM.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,361 Times in 8,496 Posts
    He is a damn legend and more.
    I really hope his work in TM Omid bears fruit and we can have a team qualify for the first Olympics since 1980 (which we withdrew from).

Also that Shahab twitter account is really good. One of the best twitter Iranian football accounts.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Looking back his achievement seems more incredible day by day.

Those were the days when almost all our legionaries would fail but not him.
    Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ehsan_REAL1 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread

Members who have read this thread : 60

You do not have permission to view the list of names.