Iran won vs Iraq because of luck - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Iran won vs Iraq because of luck

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 6,422 Times in 2,951 Posts
    There is no such thing as luck. The word luck is only used when one cannot back up their opinions with facts.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,236 Posts
    Oh? So I guess just about every single win in sports is luck then

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Honestly the title of the thread is so clickbaity it takes away from any point you are trying to make

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Casra The Great For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Winning requires:

Hard Work 33%
    Devotion 33%
    Planning 33%
    Luck 1%

But if you are unlucky that day, you can piss off the 99%

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    In that case the reason we lost to Japan was all luck then right??

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Preezy View Post
    I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?
    Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?
    The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.
    Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.
    Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.
    Except that Nourollahi has been involved in some way in many of the goals TM has scored in the previous 10 games. He even scored the goal against Iraq in the first game in the earlier round. Also tm has allowed only one goal against Hong Kong which was a freak accident and no real chances to opponents while creating numerous dangerous chances. We could have scored 3 goals in every game easily. Also, you see direct results of Skocic's subs with them scoring and assisting and great interplay among players. You say we won due to individual talent but it is the tactics and selection of the coach that freed those players up. So I disagree strongly with you when you say we have no tactics. The tactics are clear to me and seem consistent too in the last 9-10 games. Booye CQ midi lol.

Power Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAli View Post
    Oh? So I guess just about every single win in sports is luck then
    Thats my thought lol,

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,336 Times in 1,149 Posts
    We had a couple of good scoring chances resulting out of good combinations and we scored goals out of good combinations.

Iraq basically had nothing to say..

Skocic has the same players the previous coaches had, and with those players he has won 9 out of 9 games. If he beats UAE and SK I would even rate him higher than CQ.. give the guy some slack.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babak agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preezy View Post
    I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?
    Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?
    The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.
    Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.
    Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.
    You know what ? I agree. When can rest on our laurels and say “ ok. Now we are the best team so we shouldn’t bother focusing on our style of play. We have zero defects Nothing is wrong” !!! I think we did this Vs Japan U23 in last Asian cup and we got our collective assess kicked! So I agree with Preezys points on ‘continual improvement policy’. We did beat Iraq 3-0 but can we beat the likes of Portugal or Spain when we qualify to WC? We can’t afford to sit and say ‘we are done’ ! Don’t you all agree ?….

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 548 Posts
    We have a good team no doubt, damn right now we can easily have two separate teams and beat most teams in asia with the quality of options we have. But then good individual players also need an environment to operate in that allows them to use those talents. How many national teams with good individual players perform abysmally. Skocic is providing that environment and good on him.

The first real test will be when we play S Korea and better teams after that. At this point we need to fall behind the coaching staff and not create unnecessary hashiyeh.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omids For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 230

You do not have permission to view the list of names.