Iran won vs Iraq because of luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
    I didn't call you pessimistic, but your analysis. Don't know why you are so offended by that... TM can ALWAYS do better just as every other Team in the world. Aiming for perfection is the highest value in sports in general. If you read my posts, you will see that i agree that TM can still improve, but to totally downplay all efforts from the coaching-stuff seems to be misplaced. I ask again give us a recent example for a TM game, were one could see clear game-planning, according to your view.

I have also indicate that the lack of creative contribution to our attack from the Middlefield is a problem, which we already had under CQ. Just re-watch the Iran-China game in AC-Quarterfinals 2019. One can't attribute these deficit to Skocic.

We had Azmoun and Taremi also before Skocic and were nearly knocked out of our group, loosing to Bahrain and Iraq. Even in the CQ era we were not able to perform well against Iraq, a Team which is always difficult to play against.

And lastly the name of Thread is also misleading. You are confusing Luck and individual Quality. A good example for a lucky victory was TM victory in WCQ 2014 opener against Uzbekistan in Tashkent.

I don't get offended by invalid arguments which is what your argument was, because I literally gave time stamps on my points to back them up. Yet, you think that my analysis that is based on facts is pessimistic which is a personal opinion on someones views.

I didn't downplay all efforts from the coaching staff however I critiqued the coaches decisions with logical points and I gave evidence on how the players shouldn't be downplayed where the coach gets the credit.

Also, I did answer your question regarding our game plan. I said that "Just because Iran doesn't beat Iraq on a regular basis doesn't mean that I should settle for our performance. I have a winning mentality for the team and I do my part to show how we can improve".

Because you asked when we had a good game plan last. Basically, you're implying that we can't perform better than this. However, now you're asking me when we had a clear game plan which is a completely different question.

Once again, we can't compare how Azmoun and Taremi play in a defensive setup, to how they play now when they have a much more free attacking role. Not only is it a completely different approach, but they had to defend much more before which is exhausting.

I even mentioned earlier that we can't compare CQ to our current coach.

How is the thread misleading when I literally made my point clear about the title of the thread in my very first sentence?

I gave you guys a thorough analysis on our team and how we can improve because I'm passionate about the best for the team.

Instead of acknowledging my points and reviewing them you guys quickly attack and get emotional by judging my points as being a hater, pessimistic, looking for attention, and that the thread should be closed.

The point of this forum is to discuss different view points. We even rate players on this forum but what's the point of rating if we shouldn't work on improving those ratings?

I have been nothing but patient and respectful towards all of you but what kind of forum is this where my points get attacked collectively for having ambition for our team and trying my best to contribute to improving the team?
    #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Jesus Christ 7 out of 7 wins with 2 goals conceded and you still find something to complain about? I don't even know how to express what it is that I'm feeling

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
        Jesus Christ 7 out of 7 wins with 2 goals conceded and you still find something to complain about? I don't even know how to express what it is that I'm feeling
        You're emotional and judgemental like the rest. Do you think even Skočić himself is sitting and enjoying the win without thinking of improving the team?

You don't get complacent when you win. You work to keep evolving. All you can comprehend is that I should just be silent and celebrate the wins while you have emotional opinions about my points.
        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
          You're emotional and judgemental like the rest. Do you think even Skočić himself is sitting and enjoying the win without thinking of improving the team?

You don't get complacent when you win. You work to keep evolving. All you can comprehend is that I should just be silent and celebrate the wins while you have emotional opinions about my points.
          In virtue of calling me emotional and judgmental you are in fact casting judgement i.e. being judgemental XDD

As someone said before, enjoy the ride man

Comment

We were extremely clinical this time, which is what seperates this win compared to the one in June. After watching the game again, i have to say the first 60 min against Syria was actually better.
            Some people are clearly blinded by the scoreline, labeling it as one of our best performances for the last couple of years.

The performance against S.Korea in Tehran 2016 was something else, that team would eat this team alive.

Don't get me wrong, i'm extremely happy with this win. I'm also extremely impressed by our effectivity in front of goal.
            Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiNumber1Fan View Post
              In virtue of calling me emotional and judgmental you are in fact casting judgement i.e. being judgemental XDD

As someone said before, enjoy the ride man
              I'm not being judgemental or judging you based on my own opinion, I only stated a fact about your comment since you stated that you have feelings that you don't know how to express regarding your dislike of my analysis.

You even started your sentence with "Jesus Christ". You were judgemental and emotional regarding my points instead of reviewing the facts of my analysis.

It makes no sense to be judgemental or emotional about my analysis that was based on time stamps from the actual game.

Trust me I'm enjoying it more than most my friend. That's why I ended my initial post with "Let's fix the issues and dominate the next two games. Very exciting games next month".

However, I did my part to show what we can improve on which is for the benefit of the team.
              #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Preezy jaan, thank you for taking the time to write this. Here are a few observations since I took the time to read your post out of respect for the time you took to write it.

1- Statements like "... everyone needs to read this" or "Everyone needs to be on the same page" turn people off since this is a forum. People post freely within the guidelines and other people have a right to read or comment or ignore or thank (thank you Webmaster jaan for the reminder ). Also, one of the great things in a forum is difference of opinion. That causes people to reason and learn. In a sense no one really needs to be on the same page This is not a team, this is a forum. Context is of essence.

2- Taking one or few mistakes by certain players like Noorafkan and Noorollahi and generalizing their performance lacks objectivity.

3- Exaggerations usually don't work. TM just had the best results against Iraq in decades in an away match. Saying "We actually played horribly" goes against common sense and causes people to dismiss your valid points.

Go TM!

Comment

He actually has some valid points, our ball possession was quiet average, i know this doesn't resume everything but this is something we need to work on vs stronger opponents.

Comment

Yo Preezy! Iran is going to the World Cup for sheezy so take it easy my neezy.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

What a rubbish thread. I saw ur previous post on the match thread where you posted your line up and based on that line up it showed u play fifa a bit too much. Now u just posted something and hoped that since its a unpopular opinion it would make sense for some but nah this was just bs. There was clearly a display of tactics going on in the game and to say otherwise is just not right. You dont win a game 3-0 based on luck and no tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                        Preezy jaan, thank you for taking the time to write this. Here are a few observations since I took the time to read your post out of respect for the time you took to write it.

1- Statements like "... everyone needs to read this" or "Everyone needs to be on the same page" turn people off since this is a forum. People post freely within the guidelines and other people have a right to read or comment or ignore or thank (thank you Webmaster jaan for the reminder ). Also, one of the great things in a forum is difference of opinion. That causes people to reason and learn. In a sense no one really needs to be on the same page This is not a team, this is a forum. Context is of essence.

2- Taking one or few mistakes by certain players like Noorafkan and Noorollahi and generalizing their performance lacks objectivity.

3- Exaggerations usually don't work. TM just had the best results against Iraq in decades in an away match. Saying "We actually played horribly" goes against common sense and causes people to dismiss your valid points.

Go TM!

Thank you for reading my post but the purpose of reading my post is to also watch the time stamps that make my points make sense.

The reason why I said that everyone needs to be on the same page is because it is the objective truth that Nourollahi is not good enough. To help others realize this, I put time stamps of his actions.

I never said that you have to be on the same page. I said that's what we need. Why do we need it? Because unity results in pressuring the coach to either work on the player or replace him.

You also wrote that people have a freedom of expressing their opinions. I'm guessing the only reason why you wrote that is because I'm critiquing their opinions which is also within my freedom, specially when I'm proving my points. However, I never said that they can't express themselves. I just criticized their logic, so why mention it?

I don't need to worry about how people feel about my post. Maybe I could've been more soft in my post to satisfy them but that goes against my point because I stand by what I said and I did nothing wrong. It's not my problem that people don't want to be objective and watch the truth. I did my part by providing the information. The rest is up to them.

You also mentioned "Taking one or few mistakes by certain players like Noorafkan and Noorollahi and generalizing their performance lacks objectivity".

I literally put time stamps of multiple (not just one) occasions to prove their poor plays which proves objectivity. Also, Nourollahi has been poor prior to this game which further proves objectivity, and not just "one or few mistakes". I never said that Noorafkan shouldn't play and I even wrote the following about him:
                        "amazing vision and pass for the first goal. He makes things happen because he has an offensive-minded mentality".

And regarding your third point, I explained how and why we had a good result against Iraq. It's very simple to just look at the scoreline and drop the topic. We did play horribly I stand by that and if anyone would objectively watch the game and the time stamps they will see it clearly.

I have a coaching license in football. The only reason I'm mentioning it now is because it's irrational that most of you guys have no desire to be objective and analyze my points or the game and I have to be 'schooled' by biased people who blindly celebrate a 0-3 victory.
                        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

I knew I’d regret clicking on this thread....smh

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            I knew I’d regret clicking on this thread....smh
                            POST OF THE THREAD
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Dear Preezy,

I think part of the opposition you encounter may be related to your title which you may really feel to be correct, but appears click-baity to some people.

Even if your opinions are correct, "Iran won vs Iraq because of luck" is just too strong of a statement.

Even if Iran only won because of individual player's talent with zero input from the coaching TEAM (don't forget, several Iranian ex player coaches are also part of the team and I remember clearly that Hashemian was talking and gesticulating with Skocic during the game), then the win still cannot be called luck.

Iran currently has the strongest forward line in Asia and those excellent offensive minded players were put in the lineup by the coach in the correct arrangement (e.g. who plays on the left, who on the right and how far forward or back, with what freedom of movement etc.).

As for the goals themselves, arguably only the first goal had a degree of luck since it wasn't perfectly placed by Jahanbaksh, but due to the power of the header went in anyway (not to take anythink away from his goal. It was a great run and header). Plus Taremi's assist was very precise with zero luck.

Taremi's goal was not down to luck, but to sublime skill and even Azmoun's assist was incredibly well placed into the run of Taremi.

Gholizadeh's goal was zero luck and it actually surprised me how cold blooded he finished that, making up for some of poorer recent performances. It was Skocic who placed Gholi in the game (I actually wanted Ghaedy to come in).

Nonetheless, I appreciate your input and the amount of time you put into it, so please don't stop to contribute. Some of your individual points are well taken and should be discussed.

Comment

we are a country that is heavy sanctionised. We cant get friendlies, cant pay salaries to coaches, we lack TM camps, our football in the younger ages dont perform well, our vatani coaches are not that great except a few (who is not even ready for TM job right now), our IFF is run by people who dont know football that well. and many more reasons. Under these conditions we relay much on our talented players. In my views we have to be very satisfied we get these results while we have all these problems.
                                Yes to be critical is good and there is nothing wrong in shareing this and later build on it to fix it. The question also pops up, do we have anyone better than those players you mentioned?

Comment

Working...
                                X