No announcement yet.

Iran won vs Iraq because of luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no such thing as luck. The word luck is only used when one cannot back up their opinions with facts.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Oh? So I guess just about every single win in sports is luck then

Comment

Honestly the title of the thread is so clickbaity it takes away from any point you are trying to make

Comment

Winning requires:

Hard Work 33%
          Devotion 33%
          Planning 33%
          Luck 1%

But if you are unlucky that day, you can piss off the 99%

Comment

In that case the reason we lost to Japan was all luck then right??

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
              I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?
              Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?
              The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.
              Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.
              Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.
              Except that Nourollahi has been involved in some way in many of the goals TM has scored in the previous 10 games. He even scored the goal against Iraq in the first game in the earlier round. Also tm has allowed only one goal against Hong Kong which was a freak accident and no real chances to opponents while creating numerous dangerous chances. We could have scored 3 goals in every game easily. Also, you see direct results of Skocic's subs with them scoring and assisting and great interplay among players. You say we won due to individual talent but it is the tactics and selection of the coach that freed those players up. So I disagree strongly with you when you say we have no tactics. The tactics are clear to me and seem consistent too in the last 9-10 games. Booye CQ midi lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                Oh? So I guess just about every single win in sports is luck then
                Thats my thought lol,

Comment

We had a couple of good scoring chances resulting out of good combinations and we scored goals out of good combinations.

Iraq basically had nothing to say..

Skocic has the same players the previous coaches had, and with those players he has won 9 out of 9 games. If he beats UAE and SK I would even rate him higher than CQ.. give the guy some slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
                    I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?
                    Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?
                    The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.
                    Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.
                    Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.
                    You know what ? I agree. When can rest on our laurels and say “ ok. Now we are the best team so we shouldn’t bother focusing on our style of play. We have zero defects Nothing is wrong” !!! I think we did this Vs Japan U23 in last Asian cup and we got our collective assess kicked! So I agree with Preezys points on ‘continual improvement policy’. We did beat Iraq 3-0 but can we beat the likes of Portugal or Spain when we qualify to WC? We can’t afford to sit and say ‘we are done’ ! Don’t you all agree ?….

Comment

We have a good team no doubt, damn right now we can easily have two separate teams and beat most teams in asia with the quality of options we have. But then good individual players also need an environment to operate in that allows them to use those talents. How many national teams with good individual players perform abysmally. Skocic is providing that environment and good on him.

The first real test will be when we play S Korea and better teams after that. At this point we need to fall behind the coaching staff and not create unnecessary hashiyeh.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                        Preezy jaan, thank you for taking the time to write this. Here are a few observations since I took the time to read your post out of respect for the time you took to write it.

1- Statements like "... everyone needs to read this" or "Everyone needs to be on the same page" turn people off since this is a forum. People post freely within the guidelines and other people have a right to read or comment or ignore or thank (thank you Webmaster jaan for the reminder ). Also, one of the great things in a forum is difference of opinion. That causes people to reason and learn. In a sense no one really needs to be on the same page This is not a team, this is a forum. Context is of essence.

2- Taking one or few mistakes by certain players like Noorafkan and Noorollahi and generalizing their performance lacks objectivity.

3- Exaggerations usually don't work. TM just had the best results against Iraq in decades in an away match. Saying "We actually played horribly" goes against common sense and causes people to dismiss your valid points.

Go TM!
                        Thank you for this, I couldn't agree more with the points you raised.

No one or no team is perfect or better yet they play perfect every game! For all the timelines that was pointed out there are timeline that both players did good and their involvement help and had a direct link to set up the goals.

I personally not a big fan of Norollahi and I do too question his playing and reading the game and passes at times, but I think he has improved heaps and his confident is increasing, calling players names like low IQ and no brain its not nice or help convincing your argument.

Look at this link from Varzeshe 3 that analyses the game:

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/177879...B4%D9%88%D8%AF

Like most people here I would say we can do better and there is still heaps room to improve but to call this performance just luck and based on individual brilliant is a bit unfair in my opinion.

Comment

You need 3 key factos to win in soccer. You need to attack more than your opponent, defend better than your opponent, and you need better luck than your opponent. If you understand soccer you get this...there, I just summarized your thesis in a handful of lines.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I also thought AJ was selfish taking the free kick for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by kianstarwars View Post
                              I also thought AJ was selfish taking the free kick for himself.
                              When a player is full of confidence they will take initiatives, sometimes it will not work out, its ok. I would rather have a confidence ARJ taking on defenses, taking shots and even sometimes taking free-kicks than the one at Brighton that was afraid to take any initiative, and didn't even carry the ball for 5 meters without looking to pass backwards. Give the man some slack please.

Comment

AJ played amazing and he is still too young to be a captain but we all appreciate his enthusiasm and that is just way over any expectations. Just wait a few years and see him getting more mature and he will become a great captain. I assure you guys.
                                __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X