Iran won vs Iraq because of luck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Iran won vs Iraq because of luck

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Power Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    450
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 503 Times in 183 Posts
    Rep Power
    47

    Iran won vs Iraq because of luck

    With luck I mean that we are lucky to have individual talent in our team, which resulted in a victory, because we were not tactically superior by any means.
    The win was sweet but we can’t become complacent.
    I posted this in the post-match rating thread but that thread is dead and everyone needs to read this.
    It's necessary that everyone who voices their opinion sees this post because we all need to be united in our opinions on which players are good and which aren’t.
    For instance, many people gave Nourollahi a lot of credit and a high rating after the game.
    We can’t have a split opinion on this player. Everyone needs to be on the same page.
    There is evidence that will be presented in this thread on why he can’t play for Iran ever again.
    We need to share the same opinion so that we can pressure the coach to stop this ignorance of playing him.
    If changes don’t happen soon, we will be punished against stronger opponents.




    Player performances

    Moharrami:
    terrible passing early in the game on a great attacking chance.
    Completely sleeping at min 14 which almost resulted in a goal for Iraq, because he had his back against his opponent. Amateur defending there (even though it was offside which is irrelevant because he got outplayed and it would've counted if Iraq timed the run and pass better).
    At min 56 he made a real mess and caused a counter attack for Iraq.
    At min 60:40, he made a real mess offensively on his first touch.
    It was obvious that Hardani needed to get subbed in. Perhaps Skočić is biased here because Moharrami plays for Dinamo Zagreb. Hopefully he saw his flaws but simply wanted him to get game time to regain his form.


    Noorafkan:
    amazing vision and pass for the first goal. He makes things happen because he has an offensive-minded mentality.
    However, after Moharrami's bad defending, he did a terrible job clearing the ball from that attack and almost cost us a penalty. Yes it was offside but the defending was their best effort in a live situation.
    Also, at the 20th min mark he heads the ball backwards into the penalty box when he is trying to clear it forward.
    I must add that his first touch in general is very sloppy.
    At min 75:30 he almost cost us a penalty once more with an amateur piece of defending.


    Nourollahi:
    the best for last.
    Watch min 26:35 of the game and you will all see why Nourollahi isn't good. He even sees the open run of Noorafkan, but decides not to cross it to him because he doesn't believe in his own ability and accuracy. He doesn't have the confidence to play the pass.
    At min 31:30 he made a great run and pass to Azmoun. We get one glimpse of hope, just to get reminded why he is a burden to the team when he goes on at min 57:35 and crosses a ball to no one. The ball was for Noorafkan but he couldn't understand that Noorafkan isn't committing to the run.
    To confirm his lack of game IQ and slow thinking, watch his slow brain at min 68:30. It takes him a whole second to wake up and process that he needs to run back and defend on a dangerous counter. He stood still for a second; just watching the counter develop. Then he retrieves the ball because of Iraq’s poor cross, but he goes on to cross it right into an Iraqi player in front of him.
    And don't get me started on his ballerina pose while recovering the ball which could've resulted in a handball in the penalty box. Thankfully we have a Suarez-Cavani like offense in Taremi and Azmoun which resulted in a goal out of nothing.
    Nourollahi goes on to do the same thing at min 72:40 where his brain needs to process the situation for a second. He stands still then chases the ball holder instead of covering his man who was open. Thankfully Noorafkan saved our asses.
    At min 79:25 his poor first touch gives an opportunity for Iraq to punish us.
    By the way, remember how you guys said that Iraq only had one shot on target this game? Guess who caused it.. The legend himself; Nourollahi. At min 88 he blindly switches off and jogs towards the ball which leaves his man unmarked for a shot on goal. Just seconds later he completely Hajsafis the ball.
    His vision and decision-making is poor for him to play for the national team. He lacks game IQ and he doesn't read situations well. He can't read plays to prevent them. He just lives in the moment and sometimes in the past, when his brain often lags behind.



    Why Iran won

    We did not outplay Iraq by any means. We actually played horribly. We won because of individual brilliancy (Taremi, Azmoun, Noorafkan pass, Kanaani initiative, Shoja heading, etc).
    Taremis goal was world class because of his- and Azmouns talents. You can’t rely on such goals every game.
    You need a game plan with midfielders who can play intelligently and create. We had terrible build up plays. We need a different midfield. Just remove the goal moments from the game and you will clearly see how bad we played.



    Free kicks

    Even our free kicks were bad. Jahanbakhsh should lose his captaincy just for his ego of taking a free kick ahead of Ghoddos.
    Jahanbakhsh was already playing sloppy at this point because we know he isn’t fit for 90 mins, but he still takes the free kick which shows that he isn’t objective in the sole purpose of doing what's best for the team which is letting Ghoddos take it.



    Skočić's decisions

    I stand corrected from my post-match analysis from the Syria game. Nourollahi should never play again at this point.

    Skočić doesn't seem bright to me. How do you watch this game as the head coach and yet wait until min 87 to make subs?
    I had Gholizadeh in my starting eleven for this game and he scored within a couple minutes of being on the pitch. He needs to play as a CAM.
    Some people feel like Ghayedi should start ahead of Gholizadeh, but Ghayedi is a power sub because when legs are tired he will run circles around them. You need strong options on the bench. Gholizadeh however will give us intelligent passes from the middle of the pitch if he gets to play as a CAM.



    The CM situation

    The CM situation is getting ridiculous and we don't have much time. We need to replace Nourollahi and Amiri. We called up Niknafs, Y.Salmani and Karimi. Either give them a shot or someone else but no more of Nourollahi. Amiri can be a sub.

    Let's fix the issues and dominate the next two games. Very exciting games next month.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Preezy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Taz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,138
    Thanks
    1,095
    Thanked 3,139 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Rep Power
    847228
    I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for backing posts that criticise Skocic and Nouro but lol at 'everyone needs to read this so screw the thread. I DEMAND YOUR ATTENTION'.

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Power Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    450
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 503 Times in 183 Posts
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for backing posts that criticise Skocic and Nouro but lol at 'everyone needs to read this so screw the thread. I DEMAND YOUR ATTENTION'.
    I put effort into analyzing the game and giving everyone time stamps on my points. What is the point of presenting this information if people don't see it?

    If you agree that we need to criticize the performance (specially when people have different opinions on clear matters) then isn't this thread necessary?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Preezy For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,101
    Thanks
    2,390
    Thanked 1,303 Times in 550 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Lay off the haterade son. Two convincing wins in two matches against Iraq whereas we could only dream of beating them under the leadership of Queiroz and Wilmots the highly esteemed Euro coaches. Just enjoy the ride.

  8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sepehr9 For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Power Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    450
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 503 Times in 183 Posts
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    Lay off the haterade son. Two convincing wins in two matches against Iraq whereas we could only dream of beating them under the leadership of Queiroz and Wilmots the highly esteemed Euro coaches. Just enjoy the ride.
    I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?

    Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?

    The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.

    Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.

    Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Preezy For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    767
    Thanks
    1,079
    Thanked 347 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Preezy View Post
    I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?
    Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?
    The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.
    Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.
    Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.
    Except that Nourollahi has been involved in some way in many of the goals TM has scored in the previous 10 games. He even scored the goal against Iraq in the first game in the earlier round. Also tm has allowed only one goal against Hong Kong which was a freak accident and no real chances to opponents while creating numerous dangerous chances. We could have scored 3 goals in every game easily. Also, you see direct results of Skocic's subs with them scoring and assisting and great interplay among players. You say we won due to individual talent but it is the tactics and selection of the coach that freed those players up. So I disagree strongly with you when you say we have no tactics. The tactics are clear to me and seem consistent too in the last 9-10 games. Booye CQ midi lol.

  12. #7
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    eerooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    TORONTO
    Posts
    3,110
    Thanks
    1,336
    Thanked 2,544 Times in 1,139 Posts
    Rep Power
    6682796
    Quote Originally Posted by Preezy View Post
    I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?
    Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?
    The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.
    Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.
    Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.
    You know what ? I agree. When can rest on our laurels and say “ ok. Now we are the best team so we shouldn’t bother focusing on our style of play. We have zero defects Nothing is wrong” !!! I think we did this Vs Japan U23 in last Asian cup and we got our collective assess kicked! So I agree with Preezys points on ‘continual improvement policy’. We did beat Iraq 3-0 but can we beat the likes of Portugal or Spain when we qualify to WC? We can’t afford to sit and say ‘we are done’ ! Don’t you all agree ?….

  13. #8
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,101
    Thanks
    2,390
    Thanked 1,303 Times in 550 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Preezy View Post
    I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?

    Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?

    The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.

    Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.

    Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.
    First of all your points are not facts, i clearly saw a different game than you did. It's very simple, TM was the better side as they completely shut Iraq down where they only had one shot on goal (chance) while TM was able to create chances and score three goals. These are the facts.

    Now can TM do better? Absolutely, there are many aspects whicg they can improve as a team and individually. But to call the two wins against Iraq as "luck is not only the wrong analysis to make it is also a false conclusion. TM beat Iraq because they were the better side, no luck involved my friend.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sepehr9 For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Philosophy_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,848
    Thanks
    1,837
    Thanked 1,878 Times in 906 Posts
    Rep Power
    7024657
    It is good to be critical with one self, even after a victory, but your analysis is to pessimistic.

    First of all, could you give us a recent example for a TM victory, which was based on solid game planning, just to understand what your take on that notion is.

    I agree with Nourollahi, he had some nice passed but he is not able to give us control in the middle-field. The problem that we have, is our instability and lack of creativity in the Middlefield, so that Azmoun and Taremi need to fall back to receive the ball from the middle-field. But this is nothing new to Skocic; if you re-watch the WC 2018 or AC 2019 we hade the exact same issue under CQ.

    Since Ando and specially Nekounam have left Team Melli, the middle field became our Achilles heel. Ezzath. has the potential to be a solid solution but he need to fix his club situation ASAP.

    Hope we will find some youngsters for the middle-field in the near future.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Philosophy_King For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Power Member
    Reputation

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    450
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 503 Times in 183 Posts
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_King View Post
    It is good to be critical with one self, even after a victory, but your analysis is to pessimistic.
    First of all, could you give us a recent example for a TM victory, which was based on solid game planning, just to understand what your take is on that notion.
    I agree with Nourollahi, he had some nice passed but he is not able to give us control in the middle-field. The problem that we have a huge gap in the Middlefield, so that Azmoun and Taremi need to fall back to receive the ball from the middle-field is nothing new to Skocic. If you re-watch the WC 2018 or AC 2019 we hade the exact same issue under CQ. Since Ando and specially Nekounam have left Team Melli, the middle field became our Achilles heel. Ezzath. has the potential to be a solid solution but he need to fix his club situation ASAP.
    Hope we will find some youngsters for the middle-field in the near future.
    The first goal against Iraq was thanks to Noorafkans own initiative and determination to pass Taremi. Then Taremi crossed it with a world class technique. Their efforts had nothing to do with Skočić's tactics. It had to do with their personal efforts and talents.

    The second goal against Iraq was thanks to Azmoun and Taremi. They created and scored out of absolutely nothing. Once again, their efforts had nothing to do with Skočić's tactics. They have simply evolved their game from years of experience and development together and individually.

    You calling me pessimistic and Sepehr9 calling me a hater is disrespectful towards our players because you guys are giving credit to the coach when the players carried this game.

    All you guys are doing is minimizing me instead of actually watching the time stamps and be objective.

    The only thing you guys are seeing is the scoreline and thinking that the coach should have all the credit for it.

    Iraq didn't have their two main goalkeepers, Adnan, Bashar Resan, and they had a coach who has had 1 month with the team and underestimated Iran because of South Koreas poor efforts. And yet they were still competitive and a tough time for our midfield.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 229

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 111.08 Kb. compressed to 102.00 Kb. by saving 9.08 Kb. (8.17%)]