Iran won vs Iraq because of luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
    AJ played amazing and he is still too young to be a captain but we all appreciate his enthusiasm and that is just way over any expectations. Just wait a few years and see him getting more mature and he will become a great captain. I assure you guys.
    Hard to agree more with this! Perfectly said!

He has 10000x character than most footballers.

Comment

I think ARJ taking the free kick instead, was a sign of his confidence rising. I remember that one free kick against Japan in Asian Cup was nice. I like his initiative.

Ghoddos is no doubt our best free kick taker, but doesn’t mean him taking it is a guaranteed goal. I trust the players to figure it out. They’re both extremely selfless players.

Comment

I am having difficulty understanding the practical meaning of "Luck" in the game of football !

Anyone who has played the game as some competitive level, understands that winning is a combination of many factors, including preparation, fitness, coaching, formation, skills, psychology, environment, circumstances and other unforeseen events that happen on the filed. Iran won over Iraq, because majority of these factors were in its favour.

"Luck" has nothing to do with anything in football! ... Luck is when you choose lottery numbers and you win!!

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
          I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?

Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?

The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.

Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.

Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.
          First of all your points are not facts, i clearly saw a different game than you did. It's very simple, TM was the better side as they completely shut Iraq down where they only had one shot on goal (chance) while TM was able to create chances and score three goals. These are the facts.

Now can TM do better? Absolutely, there are many aspects whicg they can improve as a team and individually. But to call the two wins against Iraq as "luck is not only the wrong analysis to make it is also a false conclusion. TM beat Iraq because they were the better side, no luck involved my friend.

Comment

..Just seconds later he completely Hajsafis the ball.
            😆😂😂....

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
            به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

We have won 9 in a row. There's no luck to that.
              We are the top ranked team from Asia for the majority of the past decade. There's no luck to that.

Yes luck is sometimes required in ANY sport, but when you're bringing in results time after time, could you still call it lucky?

I guess Tom Brady, CR7, Leo Messi is lucky for all their accomplishments too..
              Luck is part of the game, but to create a thread and say we won off luck makes no sense.

Remember that we had more goals (3) than Iraq even had shots. That, my friend, is no luck.

Comment

We won 9 in a row because CQ created a generation of hard working players who would prefer fame over dirty money from PP and domestic clubs.
                The current coach is not stupid, but any non stupid coach could have done that.
                The dream coaching team, if dallals and mafia figures such as Afazoli were not in play, would have been Nekonam and Hashemian and Markar and Karim Bagheri.
                So the only credit the current coach gets is that he is not stupid.

Comment

There's no doubt that Queiroz built the foundation of what we are witnessing, not just through his coaching style, but his knack for, and persistence in, finding and cultivating talent. You can argue that today's team, for the most part, has been able to reach these heights because of his untiring efforts over the years. And it's pretty easy to argue that point as many of the current superstars were directly or indirectly discovered and groomed by him. It's interesting to note that the very same players who are responsible for moving the team forward today were also highly instrumental in producing stunning games against some elite teams in Russia-Taremi, Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh and Ezza, to name a few. These same players have reached the pinnacle of their careers and are playing with more ease and confidence today. And I assume Carlos should partly be credited for their development.

But that doesn't take anything away from Skocic, who, while not as charismatic as Queiroz, has been able to hold his own. Let's not forget that this coach somehow managed to steer the sinking ship back to safety, stability and, above all, sanity. If I remember correctly, many on this forum were not optimistic about Iran advancing to the next round of qualifications, regardless of Wilmot's replacement. So, in a way, he has so far performed magic. Skocic has also cultivated rapport with his players, particularly with major stars, and has so far managed to steer clear of controversies. He also seems to work well with other members of the training crew and has worked hard at avoiding conflict. He might be the guy who ultimately ended up being at the right place at the right time, but, up to this point, he's been successful in ensuring smooth sailing for the team. (From a tactical point of view, though, I'm a bit concerned about his substitution timing and the existence of plans to improve Iran's possession plays against much more capable teams throughout qualifications and beyond. I guess we'll know more after the game against South Korea.)

Comment

TM has a lot to work on. Getting results against the best teams in the world should be our goal. We will need to play better to achieve this.

Comment

Working...
                    X