Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran Vs Korea (what the Korean fans think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran Vs Korea (what the Korean fans think)

I am not sure where to post this, so here we are; I was reading Korean fans comments via google translate left on youtube last night (unfortunately I can't find the clip anymore, not even in my youtube history? look up highlights by some Korean channel), and it is quite interesting as Koreans seem to divided into 2 groups right now;

-fans who think they can't beat Iran (of course they saw highlights and after not being able to score against Iraq, same team that lost by 3). They think the best option is to aim for a draw and 2nd spot. They have tremendous respect for Azmoun, Taremi and Jahanbakhsh. Believe our forwards are too fast, with accurate passing, great finishers etc...

Some comments:

"Iranian triangle is most intimating Iranian strike fore ever, and if you make a mistake, it will be over"

"Even a draw would be beneficial"

"Iran's offensive scene beat Iraq, with an accurate pass and fast flank attach that we couldn't. slow, center oriented buld0up we need to reconsider"

"Iran scored a goal from a two-goal fast-forward situation
    The build-up also works in a quick counterattack situation. Where every team has two line of defense, it is difficult for a strong team to score a goal. I think you need a quick attack and goal determination"

"Looking at the Iranian cross, I can feel how bad the Korean national cross is. Low and fast but accurate cross !!!"

"Yesterday, when we counterattacked, we were chasing each other lol" (I need to watch their game, were they really that bad against Lebanon?)

"The biggest difference between Iran and Korea seems to be the accuracy of the pass. Korea seems to struggle quite a bit if they don't make an accurate long pass"

-fans who think it's best to go full force and attack, this group believe the team that is able to score the first goal can get the necessary result. They believe Iran won by 3 goals against Iraq, because "the gate was opened". Anyways, it's a fun discussion. Hopefully someone can find the link and post it here for you guys.

edited/
    found the link, comments can be easily translated if youtube app is used
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct8iQAJPQic
    Last edited by Under Lahaf; 09-08-2021, 11:21 AM.

Both parties are correct. There is no doubt that ARJ's goal made the "gates open" and lead to our larger margin of victory

However, what caused ARJ's goal? Back to the first point: Amazing passing and wonderful attacking and finishing from our star attackers

Comment

"They think the best option is to aim for a draw and 2nd spot."

Spot on.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
        Both parties are correct. There is no doubt that ARJ's goal made the "gates open" and lead to our larger margin of victory

However, what caused ARJ's goal? Back to the first point: Amazing passing and wonderful attacking and finishing from our star attackers
        Yes I think it was a combo. I was thinking about it yesterday too, and think the early goal changed everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
          I am not sure where to post this, so here we are; I was reading Korean fans comments via google translate left on youtube last night (unfortunately I can't find the clip anymore, not even in my youtube history? look up highlights by some Korean channel), and it is quite interesting as Koreans seem to divided into 2 groups right now;

-fans who think they can't beat Iran (of course they saw highlights and after not being able to score against Iraq, same team that lost by 3). They think the best option is to aim for a draw and 2nd spot. They have tremendous respect for Azmoun, Taremi and Jahanbakhsh. Believe our forwards are too fast, with accurate passing, great finishers etc...

Some comments:

"Iranian triangle is most intimating Iranian strike fore ever, and if you make a mistake, it will be over"

"Even a draw would be beneficial"

"Iran's offensive scene beat Iraq, with an accurate pass and fast flank attach that we couldn't. slow, center oriented buld0up we need to reconsider"

"Iran scored a goal from a two-goal fast-forward situation
          The build-up also works in a quick counterattack situation. Where every team has two line of defense, it is difficult for a strong team to score a goal. I think you need a quick attack and goal determination"

"Looking at the Iranian cross, I can feel how bad the Korean national cross is. Low and fast but accurate cross !!!"

-fans who think it's best to go full force and attack, this group believe the team that is able to score the first goal can get the necessary result. They believe Iran won by 3 goals against Iraq, because "the gate was opened". Anyways, it's a fun discussion. Hopefully someone can find the link and post it here for you guys.

edited/
          found the link, comments can be easily translated if youtube app is used
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct8iQAJPQic
          the korean commentators really pronounce our names perfectly with our own accent
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
            the korean commentators really pronounce our names perfectly with our own accent
            Yes, they even speak English with my own Persian accent

Comment

No No, Korea is an impressive squad, they have beaten italy, spain portugal, we can only dream of this. We are the under dogs.
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

a watched their 2 games, (half the second one) and they have some impressive passing from the midfield. its like watching litle messies play and run around. but they havnt been able to finish of the attacks. pretty horrible at that to be honest. but I believe we will have to have a plan so we wont get cut open by their runs and short passes. and at the same time when we have the ball have proper attacks and also hold the ball and make them run and defend. if they had azmoun/taremi on top theyd scored tons of goals already
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

It appears some of our countrymen have been doing a great job in Korea!

Comment

One thing I've noticed about Korea is how their top players like Son don't perform nearly as well for the national side as they do for their club teams. If Son was as good with Korea as he is for Tott, they'd be a lot harder to deal with. I agree that right now, our trident up top is just too much for most Asian teams. If we can keep the defensive mistakes to a minimum (we had plenty in the first two games) we will be hard to beat. Especially with Ghoddos and Ezatollahi also holding down that midfield.

Can we also take a moment to appreciate JB as a captain? What a perfect captain.

What a time to be a TM fan. This is a glorious team.
                    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Overall, as we say, alot of this is watermelons under our shoulders (hendoone zire shoonehamoon...).

It's good that they're scared of us, but they're still a very good team and can show moments of class. We need to take them seriously as we always do.

Comment

I watched Korea's matches on and off and they are going to have a lot of problems IF we play our best game similar to yesterday victory vs Iraq. They are slow, lack creativity and finishing. They scored against Lebanon luckily due to a defensive deflection (yes, we scored against Syria due to a deflection yet we missed Sardar and then our HC and AC on the sidelines and that's why I qualified my first sentence here with a capitalized IF). The worst thing we could do though is to become proud and start underestimating any of our opponents. Even Lebanon had some good runs against Korea and UAE. I like the "We are the underdogs" motto Now if I were the Korean HC, I would focus on getting the most points out of the other four opponents and park the bus when facing Iran relying on counterattacks and be really happy with two draws. That actually worked for us in 2014 campaign in the last game in Korea when we had a single shot on goal and we scored with Gucci's magic.

Go TM!

Comment

South Korea will be an excellent test for Skocic, because he will face his first sophisticated (moreso than previous opponents) offense. It’ll be interesting to see his lineup and tactics for that game.

Comment

Imagine Azmoun, Taremi and Son in the same team, I think they will complement each other well

Comment

Working...
                            X