Iran vs Iraq Post Match Ratings - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Iran vs Iraq Post Match Ratings

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,518 Times in 7,718 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essi View Post
    Agree. Maybe we should rate Amiri higer than 7 because he did a great job in defence.
    In general I prefer to not inflate ratings for solid displays, also compare the individual performances a bit to each players own standards.

In my mind Amiri's 8 or 9 ratings came in games such as Morocco, Spain, Bahrain, when he not only did usual work on defense but added some phenomenal offensive transition moments and ball carries (think setting up azmoun chance vs morocco, setting up taremi chance vs spain, great play for 1st goal vs bahrain).

Yesterday amiri did his usual great work for team off the ball, was stable in possession, but didnt have many of the aforementioned moments that whenever he does have bump him from solid 7/10 to MOTM quite frequently.

But honestly I still dont think we talk about him enough. From WC onwards he has been our most consistent player (now that Ebrahimi is out of picture). I am 200% sure if he was 5 years younger he would be in europe having a very successful career. Even past age of 30 and first experience in europe he managed to get decent minutes in a
    Trabzonspor side who at the time were competing for league title, loaded with super talented midfielders such as Yazici (now at lille), Omur, Sosa, etc.

For sure the iron lung of Team Melli.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,027 Times in 8,380 Posts
    Beiranvand: 7, not really challenged, but was calm and handled the crosses very well. Good distribution as well.

Noorafkan: 7.5, Pretty damn good for his first appearance. He was nervous at points, and I think his positioning and defensive work is not all there yet. Offensively he can really be good, particularly in Asia. However against tougher teams, I would rather have an in-form Mohammadi. Great hockey assist too.

Shoja: 7.5 - No complaints, won alot of battles and avoided losing his cool.

Kanaani: 7.5 - A very good display. Similar to Shoja.

Moharrami: 6, Poorest game I've seen from him recently. He was not in his best shape. Slow to react and seemed hesitant at times. He is better than this. I hope he can recover fully and maintain fitness. Very smart player.

Ezatolahi: 8, Defensively he was wonderful. Won pretty much every aerial battle, and really handled the physical play well. He needs to lose some weight and gain some speed. He can be an elite player, but needs consistency and to transition the ball more quickly.

Nourollahi: 7 - Ran alot and hustled. Way too mistake prone. Even before his hockey assist for the 2nd goal, he nearly messed up very badly and gave away the ball. Unfortunately his fitness will only drop more playing in UAE.

Amiri: 7.5 - Did exactly what was expected of him. Continues to be a work horse.

ARJ: 8 - For the first 70 minutes he was man of the match. He is getting his confidence back. Excellent goal and alot of good movement, tackles and pressing. Really happy for him. His fitness fell quickly though and he went really poor, otherwise I would rate him higher.

Azmoun: 7.5 - He was marked like glue on paper. Fought for every damn ball and got a assist. Did what he's supposed to do.

Taremi: 8.5 (MOTM) What a player. Yeah he makes some mistakes, but he is always in a good spot, can handle 3-4 players at a time and is way faster than he looks. He is our best TM player in the past 15-20 years. Has amazing chemistry with Azmoun and finished that goal like a professional. A handful for any opponent, inside and outside of Asia.

SUBS:

Ghoddos: 8 - love how he gets out of tight spaces and can find space. Lovely touch too. Should be a starter. I was worried when he was subbed out for Ezatollahi, as they are very different players, but Iraqi tactics played perfectly in our hands. He is excellent against teams that crowd space and with him, Taremi and Azmoun we can really make defenders confused in terms of movement.

Karim: 7.5 - Smart runs and behaves like a veteran. He is excellent on counter attacks. Perfect for a late sub.

Gholizadeh: 8 - only because his finish was beautiful.

Ghaedi: N/A

2 wins out of a possible 2. Excellent work so far.
    We cannot assume UAE will be easy. They will sit back and try to counter. We will need to be at our best to break through and also have our defense be ready for quick counters.
    Let's go bacheha. Dametoon garm.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    also the ref was good and get good grades.. no scandals and was calm eaven though the iraqis was on him all the time screaming like little kids who dropped their icecream..
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Supporting Team Melli

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Keshwardoost For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,976 Times in 4,908 Posts
    AJ post match comments:

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abtin For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abtin View Post
    AJ post match comments:

Thanks Abtin jan!

Supporting Team Melli

Power Member
    Thanks
    Player performances

Moharrami:
    terrible passing early in the game on a great attacking chance.
    Completely sleeping at min 14 which almost resulted in a goal for Iraq, because he had his back against his opponent. Amateur defending there (even though it was offside which is irrelevant because he got outplayed and it would've counted if Iraq timed the run and pass better).
    At min 56 he made a real mess and caused a counter attack for Iraq.
    At min 60:40, he made a real mess offensively on his first touch.
    It was obvious that Hardani needed to get subbed in. Perhaps Skočić is biased here because Moharrami plays for Dinamo Zagreb. Hopefully he saw his flaws but simply wanted him to get game time to regain his form.

Noorafkan:
    amazing vision and pass for the first goal. He makes things happen because he has an offensive-minded mentality.
    However, after Moharrami's bad defending, he did a terrible job clearing the ball from that attack and almost cost us a penalty. Yes it was offside but the defending was their best effort in a live situation.
    Also, at the 20th min mark he heads the ball backwards into the penalty box when he is trying to clear it forward.
    I must add that his first touch in general is very sloppy.
    At min 75:30 he almost cost us a penalty once more with an amateur piece of defending.

Nourollahi:
    the best for last.
    Watch min 26:35 of the game and you will all see why Nourollahi isn't good. He even sees the open run of Noorafkan, but decides not to cross it to him because he doesn't believe in his own ability and accuracy. He doesn't have the confidence to play the pass.
    At min 31:30 he made a great run and pass to Azmoun. We get one glimpse of hope, just to get reminded why he is a burden to the team when he goes on at min 57:35 and crosses a ball to no one. The ball was for Noorafkan but he couldn't understand that Noorafkan isn't committing to the run.
    To confirm his lack of game IQ and slow thinking, watch his slow brain at min 68:30. It takes him a whole second to wake up and process that he needs to run back and defend on a dangerous counter. He stood still for a second; just watching the counter develop. Then he retrieves the ball because of Iraq’s poor cross, but he goes on to cross it right into an Iraqi player in front of him.
    And don't get me started on his ballerina pose while recovering the ball which could've resulted in a handball in the penalty box. Thankfully we have a Suarez-Cavani like offense in Taremi and Azmoun which resulted in a goal out of nothing.
    Nourollahi goes on to do the same thing at min 72:40 where his brain needs to process the situation for a second. He stands still then chases the ball holder instead of covering his man who was open. Thankfully Noorafkan saved our asses.
    At min 79:25 his poor first touch gives an opportunity for Iraq to punish us.
    By the way, remember how you guys said that Iraq only had one shot on target this game? Guess who caused it.. The legend himself; Nourollahi. At min 88 he blindly switches off and jogs towards the ball which leaves his man unmarked for a shot on goal. Just seconds later he completely Hajsafis the ball.
    His vision and decision-making is poor for him to play for the national team. He lacks game IQ and he doesn't read situations well. He can't read plays to prevent them. He just lives in the moment and sometimes in the past, when his brain often lags behind.

Why Iran won

We did not outplay Iraq by any means. We actually played horribly. We won because of individual brilliancy (Taremi, Azmoun, Noorafkan pass, Kanaani initiative, Shoja heading, etc).
    Taremis goal was world class because of his- and Azmouns talents. You can’t rely on such goals every game.
    You need a game plan with midfielders who can play intelligently and create. We had terrible build up plays. We need a different midfield. Just remove the goal moments from the game and you will clearly see how bad we played.

Free kicks

Even our free kicks were bad. Jahanbakhsh should lose his captaincy just for his ego of taking a free kick ahead of Ghoddos.
    Jahanbakhsh was already playing sloppy at this point because we know he isn’t fit for 90 mins, but he still takes the free kick which shows that he isn’t objective in the sole purpose of doing what's best for the team which is letting Ghoddos take it.

Skočić's decisions

I stand corrected from my post-match analysis from the Syria game. Nourollahi should never play again at this point.

Skočić doesn't seem bright to me. How do you watch this game as the head coach and yet wait until min 87 to make subs?
    I had Gholizadeh in my starting eleven for this game and he scored within a couple minutes of being on the pitch. He needs to play as a CAM.
    Some people feel like Ghayedi should start ahead of Gholizadeh, but Ghayedi is a power sub because when legs are tired he will run circles around them. You need strong options on the bench. Gholizadeh however will give us intelligent passes from the middle of the pitch if he gets to play as a CAM.

The CM situation

The CM situation is getting ridiculous and we don't have much time. We need to replace Nourollahi and Amiri. We called up Niknafs, Y.Salmani and Karimi. Either give them a shot or someone else but no more of Nourollahi. Amiri can be a sub.

Let's fix the issues and dominate the next two games. Very exciting games next month.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Preezy For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Members who have read this thread : 252

You do not have permission to view the list of names.