Iran vs Iraq Post Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    spot on individual players analysis...!!
    double this up for me as well..!!
    Agree. Maybe we should rate Amiri higer than 7 because he did a great job in defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
      Actually SK away is the next game if I'm not mistaken.
      First UAE , then SK, both are away games
      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        From now on teams like Lebanon, Syria, UAE will play much more defensive game against us and it will be harder to score.
        Iraq game plan was stupid yestarday They managed to beat us twice in the last 6-7 years so they were convinced they can do it again, they opened up the game very early and was going for win. Lol
        Poor coaching by DA.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
        I don’t know if Iraq had a choice. They went down the second minute and had to open up. I still think they would have played a more defensive game if we were still tied. But you never know. This is the reason that is so important for us to put pressure on our Arab opponents early on.

Comment

Agree. Maybe we should rate Amiri higer than 7 because he did a great job in defence.
          i suppose we could add .5 more to his score ?? but he had a rough patch early on in the game and got too overzealous and took that retarded high kick to keeper's face which coulda well sent him off early in the match and change the whole complexion and end result of the game for us..!! if anyone i'd be more apt to raise Ahmad Nour's score a half a notch..!? i though he stepped up his energy / workrate and especially pressing and defensive hustle from last game and really contributed immensely to the important intangibles that often go unnoticed..!! he was still bit sloppy in possession and again highly erratic with his final touch and pass but certainly put in a Amirisque sorta defensive hustle shift yesterday to help the players around him and kept the iraqie MF and attackers from getting into sink and groove..!
          unfortunately i dont see Saman taking starting and game minutes away from him, If he doesnt step up his Defensive/Pressing hustle to match his ...!! i think regardless of his excellent feature vs Villa its really gonna be the same thing going for him at Brentford...? he has to at least look more lively and active in the middle of the pitch to get more game minute favors..!!

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
            Match agains South Korea on October 12 is currently scheduled at Azadi according to AFC unless it's taken away. It's our home game. IFF is rushing VAR into Azadi since Azizi Khadem said that is now a requirement. Let's hope they will be able to get the VAR going. They have a little bit over a month.

Go TM!

Comment

Great game. Some good player analysis and break down by some of the PFDC members.

Just would like to add my 2 cents. ARJ played well, got us an early goal which extremely helped setting the pace. He works hard, and definitely an asset for TM.

My only complaint, and it is exponentiates because ARJ has been the captain for the past 2 games, is that the late freekick that we got because of the foul on Azmoun, ARJ should've let Ghoddos take it. We wasted two good free kick opportunities in the game. One was the one that Noorafkan took which was no where on target, and the one that ARJ hit the wall with. We need some work on our set pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                All websites says its our home game:
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_n...am#Forthcoming

Comment

I think JB has had very good performances for TM recently. But unfortunately at this point he doesn't seem to be a 90 minute player. You could definitely see him fading yesterday. I about lost my mind on the late 4 on 2 counter attack where he just passed the ball into the Iraqi defenders feet right in front of their goal. I think Scocic waited too long to sub Goli in.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                    Match agains South Korea on October 12 is currently scheduled at Azadi according to AFC unless it's taken away. It's our home game. IFF is rushing VAR into Azadi since Azizi Khadem said that is now a requirement. Let's hope they will be able to get the VAR going. They have a little bit over a month.

Go TM!
                    UAE is away, SK is in Azadi as you just said.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                      I think JB has had very good performances for TM recently. But unfortunately at this point he doesn't seem to be a 90 minute player. You could definitely see him fading yesterday. I about lost my mind on the late 4 on 2 counter attack where he just passed the ball into the Iraqi defenders feet right in front of their goal. I think Scocic waited too long to sub Goli in.
                      Completely agree.. ARJ should be a starter and come off around 60-80th minute for Gholizadeh or Ghaedi

Comment

In general I prefer to not inflate ratings for solid displays, also compare the individual performances a bit to each players own standards.

In my mind Amiri's 8 or 9 ratings came in games such as Morocco, Spain, Bahrain, when he not only did usual work on defense but added some phenomenal offensive transition moments and ball carries (think setting up azmoun chance vs morocco, setting up taremi chance vs spain, great play for 1st goal vs bahrain).

Yesterday amiri did his usual great work for team off the ball, was stable in possession, but didnt have many of the aforementioned moments that whenever he does have bump him from solid 7/10 to MOTM quite frequently.

But honestly I still dont think we talk about him enough. From WC onwards he has been our most consistent player (now that Ebrahimi is out of picture). I am 200% sure if he was 5 years younger he would be in europe having a very successful career. Even past age of 30 and first experience in europe he managed to get decent minutes in a
                        Trabzonspor side who at the time were competing for league title, loaded with super talented midfielders such as Yazici (now at lille), Omur, Sosa, etc.

For sure the iron lung of Team Melli.

Comment

Beiranvand: 7, not really challenged, but was calm and handled the crosses very well. Good distribution as well.

Noorafkan: 7.5, Pretty damn good for his first appearance. He was nervous at points, and I think his positioning and defensive work is not all there yet. Offensively he can really be good, particularly in Asia. However against tougher teams, I would rather have an in-form Mohammadi. Great hockey assist too.

Shoja: 7.5 - No complaints, won alot of battles and avoided losing his cool.

Kanaani: 7.5 - A very good display. Similar to Shoja.

Moharrami: 6, Poorest game I've seen from him recently. He was not in his best shape. Slow to react and seemed hesitant at times. He is better than this. I hope he can recover fully and maintain fitness. Very smart player.

Ezatolahi: 8, Defensively he was wonderful. Won pretty much every aerial battle, and really handled the physical play well. He needs to lose some weight and gain some speed. He can be an elite player, but needs consistency and to transition the ball more quickly.

Nourollahi: 7 - Ran alot and hustled. Way too mistake prone. Even before his hockey assist for the 2nd goal, he nearly messed up very badly and gave away the ball. Unfortunately his fitness will only drop more playing in UAE.

Amiri: 7.5 - Did exactly what was expected of him. Continues to be a work horse.

ARJ: 8 - For the first 70 minutes he was man of the match. He is getting his confidence back. Excellent goal and alot of good movement, tackles and pressing. Really happy for him. His fitness fell quickly though and he went really poor, otherwise I would rate him higher.

Azmoun: 7.5 - He was marked like glue on paper. Fought for every damn ball and got a assist. Did what he's supposed to do.

Taremi: 8.5 (MOTM) What a player. Yeah he makes some mistakes, but he is always in a good spot, can handle 3-4 players at a time and is way faster than he looks. He is our best TM player in the past 15-20 years. Has amazing chemistry with Azmoun and finished that goal like a professional. A handful for any opponent, inside and outside of Asia.

SUBS:

Ghoddos: 8 - love how he gets out of tight spaces and can find space. Lovely touch too. Should be a starter. I was worried when he was subbed out for Ezatollahi, as they are very different players, but Iraqi tactics played perfectly in our hands. He is excellent against teams that crowd space and with him, Taremi and Azmoun we can really make defenders confused in terms of movement.

Karim: 7.5 - Smart runs and behaves like a veteran. He is excellent on counter attacks. Perfect for a late sub.

Gholizadeh: 8 - only because his finish was beautiful.

Ghaedi: N/A

2 wins out of a possible 2. Excellent work so far.
                          We cannot assume UAE will be easy. They will sit back and try to counter. We will need to be at our best to break through and also have our defense be ready for quick counters.
                          Let's go bacheha. Dametoon garm.

Comment

also the ref was good and get good grades.. no scandals and was calm eaven though the iraqis was on him all the time screaming like little kids who dropped their icecream..
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkGIEt1o9m4
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

AJ post match comments:

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/238...1-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                                Thanks Abtin jan!
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X