Iran vs Iraq Post Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran vs Iraq Post Match Ratings

Barikala bacheha! What a win! This game and the Bahrain game I would say have been Skocic's two best coached performances thus far. 9 wins out of 9 games is very impressive, I have to hand it to Skocic!

Post your player ratings below! Here's mine:

Beiranvand: 7, wasn't tested much but had good distribution and looked calm in goal

Noorafkan: 8.5, was a revelation at left back for me. Did everything right... I often judge fullbacks on their turnover to turnovers created ratio, and Noorafkan caused the Iraqi offensive players to lose the ball countless times and I didn't even see him turn the ball over once. Also had a great through ball to Taremi, leading to the goal as well as some other great balls towards Taremi.

Shoja: 7.5, had a good game. Not much to say.. He could've done better on a clearance late in the game that Noorafkan had to deal with, but besides that he was great aerially and in the passing game as well

Kanaani: 8, looked sharp defensively and moving forward. Had so many interceptions it was a beauty to witness! He is really starting to impressive me as of late

Moharrami: 6, started off slow and ended up playing OK most of the game. Had a few turnovers and wasn't as sharp as usual. He's still my #1 choice at RB but i'm assuming he still needs time to fully recover from his injury

Ezatolahi: 8, was excellent in possession, great aerial defending and superb distribution in terms of passing. Head and shoulders over any other defensive midfielder we have ATM...

Nourollahi: 6.5, provided good energy and hustle, had some sloppy passes however. Overall I think he was alright but I prefer Ghoddos in the midfield over him.

Amiri: 7, had a hot and cold performance today but overall it was in the above average category. He's a player that even if he turns the ball over, he hustles a lot and eventually wins the ball back. Needs to be careful however with some rash tackles...

ARJ: 9 (MOTM) What a game from ARJ! I think this was arguably the best performance i've seen from him... He was so sharp. He is just oozing with confidence atm! What a header to put Iran in front and then continued his solid play with great through balls, excellent hustling and defending, great dribbling, and won back so many balls through interceptions. My MOTM.

Azmoun: 7.5 Had a very underrated good game IMO. Yes he could've done better on some attacks, but his positioning was again superb today. Was getting marked ferociously yet still had great aerial play to feed the ball to Taremi. Also had some successful dribble attempts and solid passes. Didn't score but was instrumental to Iran's win.

Taremi: 8.5 Man are we lucky to have Taremi or what?? I mean, you watch the guy play and you think you're watching a center back playing out of position at Striker with his unorthodox style of dribbling and hold up play, but man oh man is he special! His assist to ARJ was sublime and his run on his counter-attacking goal was the cherry on top.

SUBS:

Ghoddos: 8, he is so valuable to this team. Not even sure if he should remain a super sub, or start at this point. His control, dribbling, passing and high IQ football is a breath of fresh air.

Karim: 7, had a very nice assist to Gholizadeh for the goal. Messed up the other late chance.

Gholizadeh: 8, very nice touch and goal. Hope it gives him the confidence he needs to get back in form.

Ghaedi: N/A

SofaScore ratings:
    https://www.sofascore.com/iraq-iran/qVbsrVb

FotMob ratings:
    https://www.fotmob.com/livescores/36...p/iraq-vs-iran

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

just imagine for a second, had Ghoddos declined the invite for TM.. Just imagine.

Comment

Thank you, IA11 jan! As usual, I agree with most of your analysis/ratings, with the exception of Noorafkan. He is great coming forward and distributing the ball, but he just looks shaky defensively (can't blame him since LB isn't his natural position). This may come back to haunt us against stronger opponents.

I wonder if we should try Noorafkan in midfield, his natural position, as we do have a need there. Perhaps in lieu of Nourollahi?

Comment

just checked the schedule with regards to home/ away games, it's so perfect that SK away is the second last match, really good for us, at this point we've hopefully secured qualification already, having Lebanon home in the last game after that!

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
            Thank you, IA11 jan! As usual, I agree with most of your analysis/ratings, with the exception of Noorafkan. He is great coming forward and distributing the ball, but he just looks shaky defensively (can't blame him since LB isn't his natural position). This may come back to haunt us against stronger opponents.

I wonder if we should try Noorafkan in midfield, his natural position, as we do have a need there. Perhaps in lieu of Nourollahi?
            no he plays LB for sepahan and should play there for TM too. He failed in Charleroi at CM.

CM should be Ezatolahi fix in the defensive role, amiri/nour rotating in B2B role, and saman fix as the attacking CM. Another option for B2B role is 19y/o Yasin Salmani.

Comment

Finally a game where the coach gets the correct starting line up so we can show our full potential! Really great win.

Beiranvand: 7

Noorafkan: 8

Shoja: 7

Kanaani: 7.5

Moharrami: 6

Ezatolahi: 7.5

Nourollahi: 7

Amiri: 7.5

ARJ: 7.5

Azmoun: 7

Taremi: 9 MOTM

SUBS:

Ghoddos: 7.5

Karim: 7.5

Gholizadeh: 7.5

Comment

Never was Nourafkan fan but he looked fresh and fast on left. Great win.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Beiranvand - 6.5. Great aerial exits, he has improved on those so much since moving to europe, that alone made the move worth it imo. His passing is also way better, very comfortable playing out of pressure, especially one as disjointed as what Iraqis were doing. Not rated higher simply bc he didnt have anything to do. Hope in the coming months he takes over #1 spot in boavista.

Moharrami - 6. Solid on defense but clear he is lacking full match sharpness, you could see that in his touch/passing on offense. Its usually one of the sharpest on our team. I assume he will build that up as he gets more games coming off this injury layoff to start the season

Kanani - 7. Solid game, only really recall one error that didnt lead to anything. Establishing himself as a starter for WC.

Shoja - 7.5. Huge game by shoja. Didnt put a foot wrong on defense, super composed in his passing, won all his aerials. Playing for many years with Kanani means they have a super solid understanding.

Noorafkan - 8. Wow! Skocic with an interesting choice that certainly paid off. Best game by an iranian left back for quite some time. Smart in possession, solid on defense, one great tackle in the box, impressive on aerials. His ball started play for first goal, dont think milad or ehsan play that one. He is 24, improved a lot since experience in europe, found his best position, and has great mentality/leadership qualities that are evident whenever you hear him speak. More of him at LB from now on please.

Ezatolahi - 8. Until the broke his nose he was my MOTM. His range of pass, positioning on defense, tackling technique, and physicality in both ground duels and aerials are the best we have. I hope he gets in top shape in coming months in denmark, he is by far the best CDM we have and regardless of him not fulfilling his potential until now (he should be on Azmoun, Taremi level club wise) he is the way forward. Thankfully he is still young and can easily make the most of his great potential if he adopts a stronger, more persistent attitude during long EU seasons.

Nourollahi - 6. Great energy as always, but man his technique, choice of pass is downright awful. Even the way he tries to make these long passes is not right. Compare to how ezatolahi strikes the ball. He gave so many turnovers tonight, and naturally he runs the most to get those back. No way he should be in xi over ghoddos, dont care if he runs and extra 15 miles, the amount of times he loses possession is just too much, especially in WC situatio where we will already not have a lot of the ball.

Amiri - 7. Always good energy, better passing choices than nourollahi. Covered Noorafkan well on his first big game. I prefer him to start in the B2B role with Saeid and Ghoddos alongside him.

ARJ-7.5. He would have been motm but the last 20 mins were a disaster and that brought him down a full rating. No idea why skocic subbed him. So many careless turnovers, one almost leading to great chance for iraq, horrible plays when we had overloads on the break, and then taking that freekick off saman just to stick into the wall. He clearly hit a wall physically and just started messing up. Prior to that he was brilliant, ran his ass off, great header for his goal, combined nicely with moharrami and the mids in first half.

Azmoun - 7.5. Strong display all around. The way he moves with the ball, controls aerials, makes runs is simply a different class. His awareness to find taremi for his goal was brilliant, constantly harassed iraqi defenders opening space for Mehdi and ARJ. Physically he is a handful for most CBs to deal with, definitely improved this a lot at zenit.

Taremi - 8.5- MOTM A truly high quality assist and goal. His touch was a bit off especially after taking a knock, but man he has such a high footballing IQ and works his balls off too. A joy to watch combine with Sardar, ARJ, Ghoddos.

Subs :

Ghoddos - 7.5. He must start. We will keep saying it bc it needs to happen. As soon as he came on he started dictating the tempo, making great passing choices, some lovely bits of skill, etc. Going to be a key player for us.

Ansarifard- 7. Great run and pass for gholi.

Gholizadeh - 7. Nice control and finish. I hope he picks it back up for charleroi.

Ghayedi - N/A.

Skocic - 8 Good xi minus ghoddos snub. Noorafkan choice paid dividends. We started with a 433 that shifted sometimes to 442. More or less same as CQ regime but taremi given less defensive responsibility and more license to roam. He is getting much better games out of ARJ (I think that is mainly aided by ARJ finally going somewhere that he plays football!) and also has ghoddos playing his best football for TM. Similarly got huge games out of Saeid,the CBs. Only negative was his subs. We would have scored 2 more instead of 1 had he subbbed ARJ earlier. Poor guy was visibly gassed and had a couple knocks, should have been subbed 20 mins earlier. Taremi and Azmoun were tiring too.

Overall tabrik to all. We need to keep it up, we are better than this level. In coming months we need the following guys to really step up for their club sides and come into TM in much better shape :

1. Ezatolahi, cut the excess weight bc we really need him to be in optimal condition. His presence changes our entire team on both sides of the ball.
                  2. Moharrami needs to stay fit. He is by far our best RB and has a chance to be fix for dinamo in europa league and really see his career in europe take off. But he can only do it if he plays the entire year, no questions asked.
                  3. Gholizadeh. He was brilliant last year, needs to find that form again bc he is an important player for TM. Dissapointing he didn't transfer but needs to get over it and kick on.

Comment

Several points:

- Noorafkan definitely has a spot in TM after the performance today. He was very active and made some impressive passes. This was the kind of performances we expected from him when he was 19 years old at Esteghlal.
                    - Midfield looked hit or miss with Nourollahi/Ezza. Ezza definitely is head and shoulders but played a bit reckless today. We need another CDM player for next month whether it's Karimi returning or Sarlak.
                    - Kanaani/Shoja duo has been very impressive last two games. They're growing more and more each game together. Hopefully Majid becomes fit for next month's games.

-Taremi/Sardar looked a bit off today but connected when it mattered most.
                    -Jahanbaksh has found himself for TM once again. He's finally showcasing himself as one of our best players. The trio of Sardar, Taremi, Jahanbaksh is very deadly with Ghoddos in the middle.
                    -Gholizadeh/Ghaedi/Karim are good sub options.

Finally, Dragan Skocic keeps impressing and putting CQ in the past more and more. I love CQ but this is now Skocic's TM. The players have clearly rallied behind him and support him. Hopefully no more CQ talk during this WC campaign.

Looking forward, a big match against UAE looms. We can really put a nail in their coffin with a win.

Comment

At times during 15-20 minutes or so, Iran played really attractive 1-2 touch quick passing games that looked so appealing to the eye. Kudos to the coach perhaps???? I would have liked to see Qoddos start instead of Ezzatolahi who wasn't his best/a bit slow.

Beiranvand: 7 -not much to do at all- one shot on goal for Iraq the entire game.

Noorafkan: 8- Lively with pace and excellent technical abilities.

Shoja: 7.5 - Our defenders didn't allow any penetrations by Iraq.

Kanaani: 7.5

Moharrami: 7- didn't see much from him, but overall good defending by defence

Ezatolahi: 6.5- Not enough pace for me

Nourollahi: 7.5 - great job, worked hard

Amiri: 7.5- worked hard

ARJ: 9- the best I've seen ARJ in TM. Full of confidence and lively - MOTM

Azmoun: 7.5- Didn't get much service.

Taremi: 8.5 Great work rate, assist and goal...

SUBS:

Ghoddos: 8- made a difference when in- needs to start

Karim: 7.5 - great assist

Gholizadeh: 7.5- Nice goal

"Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

I like Ghoddos coming in when the other teams are tired but why not start him and go at it early…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beiro, 7, wasn't really challenged but did ok
                          Sadegh, 6. 5 average performance, dealing with fitness issue.
                          Shoja, 7, Solid as always
                          Kanani, 7, great duo with Shioja
                          Nourafkan, 7.5, impressive performance, good speed and transition
                          Amiri, 7, 0, was running his a$$ off.
                          JB, 7.5, we saw the old JB, Great performance
                          Nour, 7, solid to cover the field, to be fast on transition but his passes weren't great today.
                          Saeid, 6.5, overall good performance but he is very slow. Need to be paired with faster guy otherwise will be exposed.
                          Ghoddos, 7.5, solid, fast, great on set pieces.
                          Sardar, 7. He did ok, there were 2 guys on him all the time.
                          Taremi, 8.5. Fantastic performance, unselfish and team player.
                          Karim,Gholi: 7

Comment

Shoja's attitude and temper when be was younger cost him a career in Europe. This guy get better by age. Full package D. He is not that tall but jump higher than anyone lol
                            Sar e avvalo hamishe mizane..
                            Fast, smart, good positioning, good on set pieces. Full package...

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              Shoja's attitude and temper when be was younger cost him a career in Europe. This guy get better by age. Full package D. He is not that tall but jump higher than anyone lol
                              Sar e avvalo hamishe mizane..
                              Fast, smart, good positioning, good on set pieces. Full package...

some defenders are like that. Get better with age. He cut out his asshole attitude on+off the pitch. Now he contains what used to be stupid anger by just laughing at opponent which I think is pretty funny/effective way of coping.

Im really impressed with his passing game too, very calm and like a modern CB on the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X