Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone wants to watch the video, here it is (Link to video from their own website veronicainside.nl.)

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
      That was very well said Babak - it is what would be called an unconscious bias.
      Thanks, and in a general sense I do agree with you, but is it still "unconscious" bias when people left and right tell you that what you're doing and saying is wrong and insulting, even if you meant it as a joke.

I don't mean this guys in specific (although their program cause one national debate, even in the parlement, after the other), but in general.

Ah to be a white male in this world and feel marginalized/discriminated against......

Comment

Well I live in Germany too and I have many non german friends from Turkey etc and non of us ever felt racially discriminated by the Germans. In my opinion Germans are the most tolerant people in Europe. Millions of refugees came over here and the majority never really complained (Now imagine something like this happening in Iran or Turkey). The non germans are mostly the most racist ones. Turks hate kurds, Albanians hate Serbians, many younger non germans don’t take germans seriously because they are ,,weird“ and ,,weak“ etc etc. Lebanese clans are doing drug trade and big heists, but the German population remains relatively calm and doesn’t really complain. I would even say that in some aspects the Germans are too tolerant.

Comment

Originally posted by IRN View Post
          Well I live in Germany too and I have many non german friends from Turkey etc and non of us ever felt racially discriminated by the Germans. In my opinion Germans are the most tolerant people in Europe. Millions of refugees came over here and the majority never really complained (Now imagine something like this happening in Iran or Turkey). The non germans are mostly the most racist ones. Turks hate kurds, Albanians hate Serbians, many younger non germans don’t take germans seriously because they are ,,weird“ and ,,weak“ etc etc. Lebanese clans are doing drug trade and big heists, but the German population remains relatively calm and doesn’t really complain. I would even say that in some aspects the Germans are too tolerant.
          Iran is full of refugees.

And sure that’s nice about Germany but let’s not forget what happened there during WWII? How don you think that happens ? A very silent majority. Those same people now have kids and grandkids and great grandkids.
          I’m not saying all Germans are racist (not at all) but that they will always have very sizable racist minority. Read how recently a bunch of neo-nazis had infiltrated the military and police.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Iran is full of refugees.
            And sure that’s nice about Germany but let’s not forget what happened there during WWII? How don you think that happens ? A very silent majority. Those same people now have kids and grandkids and great grandkids.
            I’m not saying all Germans are racist (not at all) but that they will always have very sizable racist minority. Read how recently a bunch of neo-nazis had infiltrated the military and police.
            You would likely find racism in some form in all countries around the world. At least in Germany or the Netherlands most people condemn racism while countries close around like Poland and Hungary it seems to be acceptable. That is more scary.

Comment

I found out that even the Dutch national team is boycotting the show due to its racist content. Them making fun of Iranians is no surprise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                This is a good example of an inferiority complex: seeking validation and approval from Western people.
                Sure mate … you should change your name to Mohhamad or something.
                I stated the facts and you got hurt again.

People like you haven’t realised what has happened to Iran over the past 1400 years . The muslims invaded and destroyed Iran and the likes of you go admire them.

I live in a multicultural country where we are given opportunities. We don’t seek approval from anyone.

I will keep up the fight against Islam for as long as I am alive.

You report me but I won’t go away.
                Long live Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Panther View Post
                  People like you haven’t realised what has happened to Iran over the past 1400 years . The muslims invaded and destroyed Iran and the likes of you go admire them.
                  I live in a multicultural country where we are given opportunities. We don’t seek approval from anyone.
                  Long live Iran
                  Yeah I agree generally. Islam has destroyed Iran and the whole region to quite some degree (Islam is not the sole reason but absolutely a MAJOR reason). From what I hear the younger generation in Iran is very anti-Islam so there is hope for the future for a much more modern, progressive Iran. Iran is THE country, in terms of mentality and people, that could hopefully throw out Islam in the near future and return to making progress and setting an example for the arab states to folow suit. In 100-200 hundred years reigions per se will be erased and people at that time will look back and think that people were insane in our time.

As for van Dijk: Thank you very much for stopping interviews with that program. Well done!

Comment

Long live Iran
                    Yeah, pretty much right. When I talk to arabs they always point towards the many hostile acts that the iranian governments commits nowadays in the region. Then after a long and exhausting discussion I always conclude with: "Look, we can go back and forth on who started what etc.---but it is clear that the arabs started this misanthropic ideology of Islam and destroyed Iran and the whole region. Thus what the arabs have done is way way worse than what Iran can have done in the past couple years. The disease that you have brought upon us for 1400 years is a crime against humanity."

After that they mostly don't say anything anymore and remain silent.

Comment

In a thread meant to bring attention to a racist joke made towards an Iranian player, So far we've had people in engage in anti-semetic tropes, insinuating that the "jew-controlled" media is at fault, and random unrelated anti-Arab tangents because our ancestors lost a war 1400 years ago.

sigh...

Comment

Guys I found out the presenter's wife is an iranian woman. her name is lili pirayesh married to Wilfred genee

Comment

Comment

Long live Iran
                            I have a beautiful name and don't feel the need to change it maybe you should change your name to Steve or Flynn (if you haven't already). That being said, many guys in Iran are named Mohamad. Good luck with your fight against Islam or should i say with your identity crisis and inferiority complex in the land down under/Australia (where white Christian Europeans killed off the native aboriginals and took their land).

Comment

Dude gtfo of here with this. Plenty of Iranians are named Mohammad and are proud of it and our rich history of ancestors, Muslims or non-Muslim, including me. If you want to go moan about a religion constituting 1.8 billion people and blame every problem on them, go do it in the general forum, not here.

Long live Iran

Comment

Long live Iran
                                What is this racist bullshit?
                                Mods, please ban or warn this behaviour. Ironic that it surfaces on a thread on racism.
                                Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                                محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                                - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Working...
                                X