Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Iraq; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (07.09.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am leaving Ezatolahi out. Controversial, I know, especially after yesterday when he was so good at distributing the ball. My reasoning is two fold. One is that he is slow and lazy. Just look at the 3 on 1 situation that Syrians had against us. Saeid is 10 feet from the action and hardly moves while Milad sprints back 40 yards to help. Secondly, Saeid was able to distribute so well yesterday because for most of the game, Syrians were hardly pressing... so he had lots of time to pick and choose players. Iraq presses hard for 90 minutes. I would think that Ghoddos, for example, is nearly as good a distributor as Saeid. Also, look at Shoja's pin point 40 yard pass that led to our goal!!! Amazing pass.

BTW, I thought Ghoddos was amazing yesterday, but after watching the game for a second time last night, he was decent, but not amazing.

Hardani was fantastic and deserves a start if Sadegh is not 100%.

Milad was poor but not any worse than he has been lately. We need a longer term solution on LF, (Nourafkan/Naderi???) but I think we are stuck with him for now until Hajsafi comes back...

I still prefer Abedzadeh over Baironvand. Yesterday, he tipped a ball that was going out anyways over the bar and punched a ball on a corner, not enough to give him his full confidence back and be 100%. He looked nervous and not his usual self in my opinion. Just an opinion...

Abedzadeh
    Moharrami/Hardani Kanani Shoja Mohammadi
    Jahanbakhsh Ghoddos Nourollahi Amiri
    Azmoun Taremi

-------

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
      I am leaving Ezatolahi out. Controversial, I know, especially after yesterday when he was so good at distributing the ball. My reasoning is two fold. One is that he is slow and lazy. Just look at the 3 on 1 situation that Syrians had against us. Saeid is 10 feet from the action and hardly moves while Milad sprints back 40 yards to help. Secondly, Saeid was able to distribute so well yesterday because for most of the game, Syrians were hardly pressing... so he had lots of time to pick and choose players. Iraq presses hard for 90 minutes. I would think that Ghoddos, for example, is nearly as good a distributor as Saeid. Also, look at Shoja's pin point 40 yard pass that led to our goal!!! Amazing pass.

BTW, I thought Ghoddos was amazing yesterday, but after watching the game for a second time last night, he was decent, but not amazing.

Milad was poor but not any worse than he has been lately. We need a longer term solution on LF, (Nourafkan/Naderi???) but I think we are stuck with him for now until Hajsafi comes back...

I still prefer Abedzadeh over Baironvand. Yesterday, he tipped a ball that was going out anyways over the bar and punched a ball on a corner, not enough to give him his full confidence back and be 100%. He looked nervous and not his usual self in my opinion. Just an opinion...

Abedzadeh
      Azmoun Taremi

-------
      That save needed to be made, If you watch the reply you can see how the ball was dipping in.

Comment

I'd like to see a 433 worked out. Saeid dropped back in the middle with Saman and Amiri the 2 mezzelas in front of him with Azmoun upfront and Taremi and ARJ on each wing.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post

Abedzadeh
          Azmoun Taremi

-------
          Farzadfarahngi jaan, I appreciate your bold and logical arguments yet I am really conflicted when it comes to Saied. His lack of commitment to his professional career is now evident. This time there in no injury and his weight gain is truly alarming. He needs to grow up if he wants to have a future professional career in Europe ( and relegation bound team in Denmark is not exactly what I envisioned) and learn from what Saman just did after a period of bans, frustrations and injuries. Saman is in one of the best shapes I have ever seen him and the key was his conditioning prior to the start of EPL season. From one standpoint, Ezzatollahi is smart with his passing, dominant in the air and a great presence on the pitch. From another standpoint, he has become heavy and slow that could make him a liability against physical and high speed Iraqi forwards. The question is who do we go with in his place? I like Sarlak but recovery from concussion could take a while.

Regarding the dipping ball from Kharbin's free kick saved by Beiro, here is how I look at it. The best judge for making a save on such balls IS THE KEEPER. Two dimensional TV viewing is not accurate enough to tell us what trajectory the ball would have taken in the last split second. In certain cases, the ball drops enough to bounce against inside the bar and go in. Beiro did the right thing. I was a keeper and I would have done the same. We don't want our keepers to risk this. Also, from his angle, Beiro could have also been sure that it was going in.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            I don’t get fixation with 442. Every single one of taremis best TM games have come off the left. Even vs Bahrain in second half that’s where played. In flat 2 him and azmoun get in each other’s way a lot and make it easier for defenders to Mark them as they are occupying similar space in the box. In general it becomes way too congested for us to break through.
            Prefer:
            —————— Beiranvand——————
            Moharrami-kanani-shoja-amiri
            ———————ezatolahi—————-
            ——ghoddos——————-nourollahi
            Arj——————azmoun———-taremi
            Taremi of course will drift in and make this a two often but in general he should be operating in that role just off sardar and to his left, dropping deep and combining with mids, looking to play killer passes. Then when ball is with arj, sadegh on the right he will be in the box being a nuisance or making a late runs at the backpost, etc.
            Plus this lets us play saman where he is most comfortable, and still field nour and saeid which will give defense more than enough protection
            I like this if Moharrami is match fit. Otherwise, the only change I would make is Hardani in his place. I an conflicted about Ezzatollahi but I rather go with him than anybody else at this point. Mine would look more like this:

—————— Beiranvand——————
            Moharrami/Hardani-kanani-shoja-amiri
            ———————ezatollahi—————-
            Arj——————-----------———-taremi
            ---——————azmoun———---------

Go TM!

Comment

we better watchout
              iraq has been training alot
              more than us and 1 pt
              in korea is great result
              forget the last match with them
              this is different coach team
              last match they had qualified already.
              if we go with theory
              of 12 pt from syria and lebnon
              1 pt on the road against iraq is good
              i had a dream it was 0-0
              i hope for a 1-0 win

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                Farzadfarahngi jaan, I appreciate your bold and logical arguments yet I am really conflicted when it comes to Saied. His lack of commitment to his professional career is now evident. This time there in no injury and his weight gain is truly alarming. He needs to grow up if he wants to have a future professional career in Europe ( and relegation bound team in Denmark is not exactly what I envisioned) and learn from what Saman just did after a period of bans, frustrations and injuries. Saman is in one of the best shapes I have ever seen him and the key was his conditioning prior to the start of EPL season. From one standpoint, Ezzatollahi is smart with his passing, dominant in the air and a great presence on the pitch. From another standpoint, he has become heavy and slow that could make him a liability against physical and high speed Iraqi forwards. The question is who do we go with in his place? I like Sarlak but recovery from concussion could take a while.

Regarding the dipping ball from Kharbin's free kick saved by Beiro, here is how I look at it. The best judge for making a save on such balls IS THE KEEPER. Two dimensional TV viewing is not accurate enough to tell us what trajectory the ball would have taken in the last split second. In certain cases, the ball drops enough to bounce against inside the bar and go in. Beiro did the right thing. I was a keeper and I would have done the same. We don't want our keepers to risk this. Also, from his angle, Beiro could have also been sure that it was going in.

Go TM!
                Totally agree on Beiro's save. I wanted him to save it too and not leave it to chance. My point was that we have a keeper who is performing really well at club level and is in an excellent spot psychologically (Abedzadeh) and one with a questionable state of mind given all of his club drama of the last 12 months. Now, if he was under constant pressure yesterday and kept a clean sheet, then you could say that he has restored some of his confidence, but my point was that he did not have a tough game yesterday to restore his confidence. He is a tough guy and his confidence is probably fine and if Abedzadeh was not doing so well, I would go with Beiro too, but at this point, my preference is Abedzadeh.

As for leaving Ezatollahi out, I wish we had Omid Ebrahimi, but given that he is not in the camp, I would go with:

Azmoun Taremi

that can turn into:

Ghoddos Nourollahi Amiri
                Jahanbakhsh Azmoun Taremi

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  I don’t get fixation with 442. Every single one of taremis best TM games have come off the left. Even vs Bahrain in second half that’s where played. In flat 2 him and azmoun get in each other’s way a lot and make it easier for defenders to Mark them as they are occupying similar space in the box. In general it becomes way too congested for us to break through.

Prefer:

—————— Beiranvand——————
                  Moharrami-kanani-shoja-amiri
                  ———————ezatolahi—————-
                  Arj——————azmoun———-taremi

Taremi of course will drift in and make this a two often but in general he should be operating in that role just off sardar and to his left, dropping deep and combining with mids, looking to play killer passes. Then when ball is with arj, sadegh on the right he will be in the box being a nuisance or making a late runs at the backpost, etc.

Plus this lets us play saman where he is most comfortable, and still field nour and saeid which will give defense more than enough protection
                  In tarkib va chidemaan harf nadare
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Nourollahi has no business starting. We should go with this although I know Skooch will surprise us again with a random line up! Unfortunately Milad will start since we are out of options.

—————— Beiranvand——————
                    Moharrami-Kanani-Shoja-Milad
                    ———————Ezatollahi—————-
                    ——Ghoddos——————-Amiri
                    Jahan——————-----------———-Taremi
                    ---——————Azmoun———---------

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                      Nourollahi has no business starting. We should go with this although I know Skooch will surprise us again with a random line up! Unfortunately Milad will start since we are out of options.

—————— Beiranvand——————
                      Moharrami-Kanani-Shoja-Milad
                      ———————Ezatollahi—————-
                      ——Ghoddos——————-Amiri
                      Jahan——————-----------———-Taremi
                      ---——————Azmoun———---------
                      Why not call up Ramin Rezaein...it makes no sense

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                        it does. His form dropped a lot after WC, he plays for a weak team in Qatar mainly as a RW, not even RB. We have a right back who is regularly playing for dinamo zagreb, one of the best developmental clubs in europe who was just rewarded for his progression with a bumper new deal.

We have another RB in Saleh Hardani, even younger than Sadegh, who has showed great performances in ACL, is one of the few youngsters trusted by Nekounam, and also showed a great TM debut yesterday when he entered in second half.

The ramin ship sailed as rightfully so. Thanks for his service, he always gave his all for TM.

Comment

Ramin's TM career is likely over... The guy has clear character flaws that isn't good to have. Whenever TM performs or wins, he never congratulates or posts anything about TM. Instead he always post oghdeyi pics of him flexing in the gym or running around in a park. I rather bring back Vouria Ghafouri over Ramin any day, but I am perfectly fine with Sadegh/Hardani combo going forward.

Comment

He is not a left back though. We have a problem at LB not RB. Ramin can be invited as back up RB but he won't be for non-football reasons.

Comment

I don't mind trying out Omid Noorafkan at LB... Sepahan fans can back me up here that he is a very legit LB and a solid performer.

That way, Amiri and Ghoddos can play box to box ahead of Ezatolahi, who would take the holding midfield position.

Ahead of those three would then be ARJ Azmoun and Taremi, with ARJ at RW and Taremi at the LW position

Comment

Beiro
                                Sadegh, Shoja, Kanani, Amiri
                                Nour, Saeid-Ghoddos
                                JB-Taremi-Azmoun
                                This should be the line up but have a feeling Gholi will start instead of Ghoddos.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X