Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 026121 View Post
    Every time I go back watch Iran vs Argentina/Spain highlights I can’t hold back tears. I feel proud and sad at the same time.
    u are brave you can watch them 2 matches.
    i still get sick to my stomach even thinking about them 2 matches and add taremi miss shot at 90+minute against
    pourtugal as well.

Comment

Comment

Colombia vs Peru is very important for us. If peru wins then either colombia or uruguay will be out of world cup 2022 . That makes us 99% in pot 2 .

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          Colombia vs Peru is very important for us. If peru wins then either colombia or uruguay will be out of world cup 2022 . That makes us 99% in pot 2 .
          U sure..? how many more WCQs are left to play in SA..?

Comment

would certainly fancy our chances vs both US and canada

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              Fk yes... this usmnt look likes for most part immature teens lacking real teeth and bite...!
              yet to see canada play...but last i checked they were leading the standings ....that only suggests how far have the concacaf supposed mightys (mexico and us) have fallen to me..!!

ps
              i have a feeling we may end up in the same group as USA again..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                Fk yes... this usmnt look likes for most part immature teens lacking real teeth and bite...!
                yet to see canada play...but last i checked they were leading the standings ....that only suggests how far have the concacaf supposed mightys (mexico and us) have fallen to me..!!

ps
                i have a feeling we may end up in the same group as USA again..!!?
                Btw : https://www.lefigaro.fr/sports/footb...tball-20220128

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  U sure..? how many more WCQs are left to play in SA..?
                  After this 3 more games and one of their away games is against Argentina . 4 teams directly qualify to world cup and 1 goes to third round. right now brazil , argentina have qualified and Ecuador third. Then it will be between Uruguay (#17) , colombia (ranked #16) and peru. If peru win tonight colombia has really tough task to make it (less than 20%).

Also If they lose tonight, 14 points will be reducted from them . And if they lose to argentina another 9 points will be reducted from them.

From portugal and italy at least one of them don't make it as they have to face each other.

Wales (ranked 19th) and Sweden( ranked 18) I doubt both of them making it .

anyway this is all ifs and buts, we need to win the remaining 3 games or atleast draw south korea to have a chance to be in the top 17 ranked teams (pot 1 and pot 2).

Comment

I don’t like our chances against any WC team if shoja and kanani are our starting CBs.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Lol shoja got burned by a UAE player. what is he gonna do against Pulisic, Weah, David, Davies? I welcome all responses. Even “f*** you” or ‘you’re brainwashed by masih alinejad”…

Comment

Shoja situation will be resolved. Majid Hosseini is more than capable and in great form for a solid team in turkey. PAG can easily come back into the mix.

I just find USMNT plays a very naive brand of football and in general while they have many young talents across, none have real international experience or more critically international success. For their club sides as well none can be categorized as real leaders or star players. Maybe Mckinnie, Tyler Adamas are closest in that regard but remains to be seen if he will be a main player for juve going forward. On coaching front they are led by somebody with worse qualifications that skocic frankly, hired bc his brother was commercial director for the federation.

For canada similar theme but they have much more limited talent pool compared to the US.

Anyways, just my opinion after seeing their games for many years. I think we would actually match up well. They would both play naive, open style against us which suits us to lie deep and use the major weapons we have in transition.

If I am Azmoun, Taremi I am licking my chops at the thought of those inexperienced young cbs with virtually no international experience... and PAG, Majid dealt pretty flawlessly with far more seasoned, dangerous attackers like Ronaldo, Diego Costa, etc. Im not sure i an isolated David or Davies from left back are much more difficult to contain.

Teams that really scare the shit out of me are the likes of Serbia, Croatia, Denmark, Germany. Extremely technical sides with huge experience, many stars, and physically many levels above us.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                          Lol shoja got burned by a UAE player. what is he gonna do against Pulisic, Weah, David, Davies? I welcome all responses. Even “f*** you” or ‘you’re brainwashed by masih alinejad”…
                          What does poolinejad have to do with this ?

And most here are wary of Shoja and are hoping for PAG to make a full recovery.

Comment

Shoja situation will be resolved. Majid Hosseini is more than capable and in great form for a solid team in turkey. PAG can easily come back into the mix.

I just find USMNT plays a very naive brand of football and in general while they have many young talents across, none have real international experience or more critically international success. For their club sides as well none can be categorized as real leaders or star players. Maybe Mckinnie, Tyler Adamas are closest in that regard but remains to be seen if he will be a main player for juve going forward. On coaching front they are led by somebody with worse qualifications that skocic frankly, hired bc his brother was commercial director for the federation.

For canada similar theme but they have much more limited talent pool compared to the US.

Anyways, just my opinion after seeing their games for many years. I think we would actually match up well. They would both play naive, open style against us which suits us to lie deep and use the major weapons we have in transition.

If I am Azmoun, Taremi I am licking my chops at the thought of those inexperienced young cbs with virtually no international experience... and PAG, Majid dealt pretty flawlessly with far more seasoned, dangerous attackers like Ronaldo, Diego Costa, etc. Im not sure i an isolated David or Davies from left back are much more difficult to contain.
                            Pusilic reina dest are doing ok for their clubs.
                            Hosseini has up and down both with his clubs and nt. He was there during our loss against iraq and bahrain in 2019

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Pusilic reina dest are doing ok for their clubs.
                              Hosseini has up and down both with his clubs and nt. He was there during our loss against iraq and bahrain in 2019
                              reina has only played a couple games this season in total due to injury
                              Pulisic cant hold down spot in chelsea (albeit lot of competition)
                              Barca have been actively looking to replace dest. Azpilicueta/Mazraoui are both close to signing for next season.

Again thats not to say they dont have guys at a high level. I personally find many of them overrated, but more importantly as a COLLECTIVE they really havent done anything of note and never experienced massive pressure of a world cup.

Comment

Teams that really scare the shit out of me are the likes of Serbia, Croatia. Extremely technical sides with huge experience, many stars, and physically many levels above us.
                                What the US team has is proper psychological training and a never die attitude. Literally I've followed them as long as I have followed Iranian football and Irans talent pool has usually always been better(maybe a dip in 2008/2009 era) but their team just fights to the death against stronger teams where pre-CQ our teams were 'shol' after the 70th minute(2006 Mexico, 2009 Saudi etc)

You saw this in Gold cup, they played Qatar and first half were getting dominated but held out and scraped a win. Thats why they scrape a R16 every once in a while.

All being said, I honestly don't know how we would match up to them, they have more fit players with pace so we would need our chance creation to be optimized. 50/50 game.

Canada are easier IMO. Davies etc are class but you know what the threats are and if you dont leave space behind thats it for them. There is also a larger gap between their own player levels and the inexperience of not playing a world cup for so long.

Comment

Working...
                                X