Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    Kateb is just an alias. Kateb is really a hall of fame and legendary PFDC member, MASHSAEED.
    He's been here from the outset. Back when PFDC was PSDC. Think KC McElroy status.

He is known for many things. First, of course is his claims. When CQ gets fired after the Arab Cup, you know where you heard it first.
    The second thing he's known for, starting "salavat" threads before TM matches for good luck. Please start one next game for ole time sake, Mashti jan.
    mashsaeed said for a wc match
    he will do a SALLAVAT THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
      didn't mean any offense. i look at it like japan and iran. regional rivals who know each other well. on any given day, iran can beat japan. but japan is a superior team because they have better players (better in the sense that they play in better clubs and have more experience in europe).
      Wouldn’t necessarily say Japanese players are better because they play in Europe, they just have better discipline, focus and footballing IQ which is in their culture. Their star players don’t pull off stunts like Taremi and Ali Karimi. Half the team doesn’t rush the referee because they think a player dived.

Comment

Originally posted by 026121 View Post
        Wouldn’t necessarily say Japanese players are better because they play in Europe, they just have better discipline, focus and footballing IQ which is in their culture. Their star players don’t pull off stunts like Taremi and Ali Karimi. Half the team doesn’t rush the referee because they think a player dived.
        I 100% agree with your point regarding Japanese players superior mental strength and discipline compared to ours.

However, their superior discipline and mentality, along with better resources for early development are the reasons their players are constantly playing at better clubs, in stronger leagues, which makes them better players than ours, on average.

Of course we always have great players too but even our best players are in Russia and Portugal vs their players in epl, Bundesliga, serial A.

They definitely have better a better overall squad and pretty much always have, for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
          I 100% agree with your point regarding Japanese players superior mental strength and discipline compared to ours.
          However, their superior discipline and mentality, along with better resources for early development are the reasons their players are constantly playing at better clubs, in stronger leagues, which makes them better players than ours, on average.
          Of course we always have great players too but even our best players are in Russia and Portugal vs their players in epl, Bundesliga, serial A.They definitely have better a better overall squad and pretty much always have, for the most part.
          I agree resources make a difference, think one day we will overcome Japan like South Korea if we play them more often outside of Azadi because we have good record against them at home.

Comment

I agree resources make a difference, think one day we will overcome Japan like South Korea if we play them more often outside of Azadi because we have good record against them at home.
            We definitely can one day!

At least for the time being, it would be great to make it to round of 16 in WC 2022 and be the best performing team from Asia in the WC, and show that we can reach those heights too.

It's been annoying to see other nations that we can defeat, make it to round of 16 and we still haven't! - We might do it in 2022! really hoping for this.

Comment

japan when they play iran they comein with fear
              and because ofthat fear they are very dicsaplain
              with minimal mistake. that 3-0 game was not reality
              of the matter. if we play tgem 10 time home and away
              japan will beat us 3 times
              we will beat them 2 times
              and 5 times it be tie.
              people thunk having no fear is good
              but i think fear self awarness is better
              because less mistake will happen.

Comment

we can agree to disagree as to the reason but in my opinion japan is a better national team side than iran and that nigeria is a better national team side than egypt. i understand it's not a popular opinion on PFDC and I wish it weren't so but you have to look at objective metrics.

Comment

I think Japan is ahead of us, we got our asses handled to them last time (3-0) and they are the only team in Asia that can take team like Belgium to a challenge. We drew 1-1 against EURO champions Portugal, but considering Serbia and even Albania beat them, it’s not that impressive.

Comment

What are people talking here? Japan is as of now not better than us. You can make a case for Iran, South Korea or Saudi Arabia to be the best Asian team right now. I put Japan and Australia somewhat below of that front trio.

When it comes to the World Cup in Qatar it will be us and South Korea who will carry AFC's hopes. Saudi Arabia as good as they are in Asia they don't have players playing week in and week out in competitive leagues.

I agree that Japan did better than us since the turn of the millenium but on curremt form we are ahead of them.

Comment

Here we go again, Queroz balems everyone including the referee for his mistakes. It was obvious he and his players were outclassed by Nigeria but he choose to blame the ref. Nothing new ( https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/15/afco...-to-nigerians/) .
                      Imagine what happen to Tunisia had happend to him and Egypt instead. He would have declared WWIII

Comment

^well the Afcon refs have left something to be desired. What happened to the Tunisians is an outrage.

Comment

0-0 HT for Egypt vs Ginea Bissa. Egypt with bulk of possession and shots (hit post twice).

Comment

goal salah

Comment

Nice win for Egypt and Pharoahs. First half was uneventful except for the post being hit twice. Second half was more exciting with a nice put away by Salah and a sure chance that hit the post again for Egypt. GNB equalized in the 80th min only to have the goal called off due to a prior foul after VAR. GNB had another shot on goal that was nicely blocked by the keeper in extra time. Now some breathing room and prep time before Sudan match in 4 days. It was nice to see CQ on the sideline. Like seeing an old uncle that you always liked as a kid

Comment

That guinea goal was a lovely finish - shame it got struck off. I thought the foul was a harsh call.

Comment

Working...
                                X