Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    By the way, why didn't Qatar invite Iran to the tournament? Before anyone says "iRaN iS nOt aN aRaB nAtIoN", South Sudan was invited to the tournament and they are not an Arab nation. It would have been a great experience for the team and Dragan Skocic prior to the World Cup and would have really given us a proper simulation for what to expect at World Cup in order to maximize our chances of making it into the RO 16.
    Wish we were invited and we could go with our non starting TM players. This kind of tournament is exactly what we need as we can't get friendlies to test out players/strategies.

Comment

By the way, why didn't Qatar invite Iran to the tournament? Before anyone says "iRaN iS nOt aN aRaB nAtIoN", South Sudan was invited to the tournament and they are not an Arab nation. It would have been a great experience for the team and Dragan Skocic prior to the World Cup and would have really given us a proper simulation for what to expect at World Cup in order to maximize our chances of making it into the RO 16.
      Sudan is an Arab country. The one that isn't is Somalia which didn't qualify, but participated in the qualification process. We really should've attempted to go however.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosseini View Post
        Sudan is an Arab country. The one that isn't is Somalia which didn't qualify, but participated in the qualification process. We really should've attempted to go however.
        Sudan is part of the Arab World, South Sudan isn’t.

Somalia is part of the Arab World.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_world

Comment

Sudan is part of the Arab World, South Sudan isn’t.

Somalia is part of the Arab World.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_world
          That's right, you're correct about South Sudan.

Sudanese people are the ones ethnically considered to be "Arab" people with closer proximity to Arabic speaking https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudanese_Arabs

Politically they are part of the "Arab world" but Somalis are considered to be Eastern African with their own language from the Horn of Africa - ethnically they aren't Arab, they just are predominantly Sunni Muslim. I asked some of my Somali friends about that and they were saying it's likely just due to closer political relationships and similar culture that they are participating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalis

Comment

Congrats to Alireza Faghani refering the arab cup! This guy is literrally refering all over the world!

World cup
            AFC Champions League
            IPL
            Australian league
            AFC Cup
            etc....

Comment

well then

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                Congrats to Alireza Faghani refering the arab cup! This guy is literrally refering all over the world!

World cup
                AFC Champions League
                IPL
                Australian league
                AFC Cup
                etc....
                Too bad he couldn't do the Asian World Cup Qualifers. Because Iran is in one group and Australia is in the other

Comment

Too bad he couldn't do the Asian World Cup Qualifers. Because Iran is in one group and Australia is in the other
                  Why can't he referee in a group that has Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    well then
                    Smart move by Iraqi Federation, since they have the Arab Cup in front of them, which gives the new Future-Coach a perfect opportunity to build a new Team.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                      I think it's bullshit European propaganda. Many of these scientists have been multigenerational in Egypt. A lot of Egyptians had Greek names because Greek was the lingua franca like English is today, and it's why they try attributing everything to Greece. I know many Egyptians who are annoyed by this.
                      I agree! I was always wondering, how on earth all these accomplishments in science and Maths could have been done by the Greeks. Than i found out that they not just borrow much stuff from Egypt, Mesopotamia and Iran, but that many of the great "Greek" thinkers were in fact native Anatolians, Syrians, Phoenicians or Egyptians! Crazy to think how much the "Middle East" have given to the world and how Westerners are totally unaware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
                        Why can't he referee in a group that has Australia?
                        Because he lives in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                          I agree! I was always wondering, how on earth all these accomplishments in science and Maths could have been done by the Greeks. Than i found out that they not just borrow much stuff from Egypt, Mesopotamia and Iran, but that many of the great "Greek" thinkers were in fact native Anatolians, Syrians, Phoenicians or Egyptians! Crazy to think how much the "Middle East" have given to the world and how Westerners are totally unaware of it.
                          Westerners( Scholars) are aware of it but they never want to give credit to it! They want to create an atmosphere of superiority so they next time they plunder or Bomb a Middle Eastern nation they want their public to think its just a backward nation with nothing to give !

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                            Wish we were invited and we could go with our non starting TM players. This kind of tournament is exactly what we need as we can't get friendlies to test out players/strategies.
                            indeed...!! we used to participate and often win, the old West Asian Cup ? (or what was it called ?) and that so with often experimental squad..! but as the political relations with neighboring ayrab countries deteriorated, they refused to send us invites ? or we IFF couldnt be arsed to participate..!!
                            I think the wack Naming of this tourney (AYRAB CUP) probably was the biggest reason why IFF wasnt going to be too gong-ho about participating in, even if an invite was sent our way..!!?? kinda/sorta similar to how we Renamed IPL, Persian Gulf League and banned our players from joining UAE league earlier when they renamed their domestic league to what was it Arab gulf league ? or something of those notes..!!?

Comment

His best result was holding SK to 0-0. RIP

Comment

Yea sadly that was the reason! well it's afc's loss IMO. Hopefully we'll see him in world cup finals tho. He deserved the WC 2018 final

Comment

Working...
                                X