Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Qualifiers - Other Games Thread (AFC & beyond)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    a shit game, korea reminded me about same old korea lot of possession and quick passing, no goalscoring abilities or shot on goals.
    iraq looked ok in defence, timewasted alot (offcource) and attack was crappy.
    Reg. Korea: they had 3 attempts on target, one of which (a header) could have been a goal if it had been slightly better placed.

Comment

0-0 in the Iraq vs SK game was the PERFECT result for TM….that’s an awesome way for the WCQs to start

It was a strange lineup by advocaat though…..mohanad ali and justin meram are clearly their beat forwards and he didn’t bring them in until like the 83rd minute. Makes me think he was saving them for Iran but that was a silly risk to take in starting the WCQ campaign but hey he got a great result for Iraq today so can’t knock him too much but at the same time if either one of those guys had the chances the guy with the pony tail had, I think Iraq would have scored one and won the game today.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
        No they didn’t lol. 65-35 Japan according to livescore.
        Livescore says Oman 52% Japan 48% .

Anyway congrats to them, big victory.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
          I was not that impressed with any of the two teams to be honest. SK didn't come further than the 16 meter outer line and this is was not only because the Arabs where so good in defensing , but also because of lack of sharpness & hustle from the Koreans.

What we can say about the Arabs is that Advocaat has brought more disciplined team and less khar to khari play. They are disciplined & aggressive and against us offcourse SUPER SEYED 2. ; - )

But both teams are more than beatable for our star studded TM, the question is if our team is as organised and dsicpilined as they were with King Q.
          Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
          a shit game, korea reminded me about same old korea lot of possession and quick passing, no goalscoring abilities or shot on goals.
          iraq looked ok in defence, timewasted alot (offcource) and attack was crappy.
          i only watched the opening 15-20 minutes and fell asleep and those were pretty much the vibes i got from this game..!!
          if Eskoocher could have us play as confidently as a team as last round and semi-organized .... i dont see how we couldnt top this table too..??

Comment

The two results so far should be a warning. It shows the short break between European league games and the WCQ games isn't beneficial to the teams with many legionnaires. It will be a bumpy ride today for sure...

Comment

If we win Iraq its great result today, if we dont win its not so great. But we will win vs iraq and the Dick (advocaat) so its ok
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                The two results so far should be a warning. It shows the short break between European league games and the WCQ games isn't beneficial to the teams with many legionnaires. It will be a bumpy ride today for sure...
                Absolutely. Well said...

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but anything can happen against Syria today. Really hoping our players pull off a good game because not having our three most important managers (Skocic, Hashemian, and the GK coach) is very worrying...

Comment

It would be awesome if the game between UAE and Lebanon also ends in a tie.

Comment

Going to go against the grain and disagree with everyone here. Iraq and Korea draw is not a good result for us at all. The more points UAE/Iraq drop the easier it becomes for us, since Lebanon and Syria are nowhere near good enough to finish top 2. This is a huge result for Iraq and keeps them very much in contention for a top two finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                      Livescore says Oman 52% Japan 48% .

Anyway congrats to them, big victory.
                      Meant FlashScore. Hmm weird... Saw the game and Japan were dominating possesion. Anyways Oman did great and deserved the victory.
                      Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
                        Am I the only one who wanted Korea to win? Since two teams qualify it Would be Nice if Korea just won against all the other teams. That Would make it better for us
                        Mr Kian here understands this is not a good result for us, thank you. Korea beating up on UAE and Iraq would have made it so much easier for us to qualify

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                          It would be awesome if the game between UAE and Lebanon also ends in a tie.
                          Lebanon is a punching bag. They are really lucky to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                            Lebanon is a punching bag. They are really lucky to be here.
                            I know, but to stay ahead of all your opponents point wise, you always want all of them to drop points.

Comment

btw what a goal by oman in 88 min away vs japan
                              that was no iuck involved, a niice goal.. also stats was beter than japans!
                              Brangoh for TM?
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

^^ No thank you
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X